DVLA Medical - Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
Hi all. My partners disqualification is due to end early July and he posted his medical form and payment off 3 weeks ago today and we haven’t heard anything and from what I’ve read, probably won’t for a long time yet 🙈. He’s tried to call them loads of times and just keeps getting an automated message and then the line goes dead. Has anybody had any luck using the email address someone has posted above? Thanks
Does he have to do a medical as a High Risk Offender?

Does he have to do a medical as a High Risk Offender?
Hi, yes he has to do a medical which will all come back fine but I’m just worried how long it’s going to take from reading about everyone else’s experiences. He’s just really keen to be driving again and fed up of playing chauffeur 🤣

Hi, yes he has to do a medical which will all come back fine but I’m just worried how long it’s going to take from reading about everyone else’s experiences. He’s just really keen to be driving again and fed up of playing chauffeur 🤣
9 weeks before i got a reply after sending my D1 form in (shocking) state of affairs

I had medical at 27 April and 28 may I get my licence back
When you say that you got your licence back, was that in the post? Or had you checked your licence status online. I'm thinking you might have had it at 3 weeks, then waited 5 days for postage. I'm checking daily online as I'm now over 2 weeks since my medical.

When you say that you got your licence back, was that in the post? Or had you checked your licence status online. I'm thinking you might have had it at 3 weeks, then waited 5 days for postage. I'm checking daily online as I'm now over 2 weeks since my medical.
I’m 6 weeks since my medical, and at last contact ( before DVLA latest strike) they were insisting they’d not received questionnaire from Dr ( which Dr had sent twice ).

I’m 6 weeks since my medical, and at last contact ( before DVLA latest strike) they were insisting they’d not received questionnaire from Dr ( which Dr had sent twice ).
Hi Polly3,
I rang DVLA today, and I have a new licence. Whoop 😊 My medical was on May 19th. They answer their phones from 5pm, ring at exactly that time or 8am. I'm really surprised it was so quick, especially with all the industrial action. D1 sent of in the last week of December 2020.

Hi Polly3,
I rang DVLA today, and I have a new licence. Whoop 😊 My medical was on May 19th. They answer their phones from 5pm, ring at exactly that time or 8am. I'm really surprised it was so quick, especially with all the industrial action. D1 sent of in the last week of December 2020.
Fabulous news for You .

Fabulous news for You .
Hi Polly3,
What number did you ring please?

0300 790 6806. Ring at exactly 8am or exactly 5pm, be prepared for a 10-15 minute wait. Good luck to you. I fully know how stressful this whole process can be. I will be going through it again in 12 months time.
Thanks 😊

Hi Polly3,
Did they contact your GP?

How long did you not drink for only I didn’t have a drink for 3 weeks had 4 bottles of desperados on Saturday night and now have 4 n half weeks before my Cdt test I am under so much stress if I dnt touch a drop of alcohol do I think my result will come back

How long did you not drink for only I didn’t have a drink for 3 weeks had 4 bottles of desperados on Saturday night and now have 4 n half weeks before my Cdt test I am under so much stress if I dnt touch a drop of alcohol do I think my result will come back
If that is a ‘one off’ then you will be fine for your medical.

I haven't had a drink since new years eve (didn't want to risk the odd one or 2 here there). I had my medical on the 25th of last month, I've still not touched a drop just in case I need to retake the blood test

Did you pass your medical thanks for replying it’s driving me absolute crazy
No medical for me..... I am one of the (few) non convicted drink drivers on here, just giving advice based on a long history of being involved with the law in relation to the offence.

No medical for me..... I am one of the (few) non convicted drink drivers on here, just giving advice based on a long history of being involved with the law in relation to the offence.
Hello Price. Please will you remind me of the medical group email address? I wrote it down further to a previous post of yours but have mislaid it . Thanks

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off