DVLA Medical - Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
I had my medical on the 26th feb and got confirmation I could drive tomorrow 18th March so took around 3 weeks from medical to getting licence back.

hope that helps it was driving me mad waiting.
Hi Markdeeeep

Nice you did it!

Can you explain for context :
-the answers you provided on the DVLA form,
- did you abstain from alcohol
- no GP contacted?
- why were you a HRO, I.e. was did you blow too high / if so how much / or repeat offence?

Thanks so much!

Hi Markdeeeep

Nice you did it!

- no GP contacted?
- why were you a HRO, I.e. was did you blow too high / if so how much / or repeat offence?

Thanks so much!
That will have no baring on yours or anyone else.Each case is different and answered accordingly

Hi Markdeeeep

Nice you did it!

- no GP contacted?

Thanks so much!
I said no to everything At the medical and have not drank since October however somebody I no binged aweekends and went 3 weeks without any alcohol and passed easily.

my gp was not contacted

and hro because I refused a sample.

Are you currently waiting?

That will have no baring on yours or anyone else.Each case is different and answered accordingly
It looks likely to get it that quick that there was no GP referral. I am in a situation that should be open shut case I am just trying to find out similar stories to compare. I have spoken to 7 people on here to get an "average" or similar position to mine (I.e. no and nothing and no issues).

I am first time HRO due to blowing 91, never seen GP before (about anything at all), dont drink anymore since a year, no other issues. So expecting no GP contact but nothing to hide if there is.

It looks likely to get it that quick that there was no GP referral. I am in a situation that should be open shut case I am just trying to find out similar stories to compare. I have spoken to 7 people on here to get an "average" or similar position to mine (I.e. no and nothing and no issues).

I am first time HRO due to blowing 91, never seen GP before (about anything at all), dont drink anymore since a year, no other issues. So expecting no GP contact but nothing to hide if there is.
I blew 101 did 9 months booze free answered no to everything, 10 year licence granted 21 days later, no GP contact and that was all done in 2nd lockdown in September/October

I had my medical on the 26th feb and got confirmation I could drive tomorrow 18th March so took around 3 weeks from medical to getting licence back.

hope that helps it was driving me mad waiting.
Thanks for the info and glad you're back on the road. Did you keep checking the website or for the letter to turn up in the post?

I have just spoke to dvla they said they have sent out a questionaire to me and my docters is that usual?
Either something came up at the medical, or other agency notes have meant they want further information. This may be due to either Drink, Drug or mental health issues. Standard stuff, just means a delay of probably 6 - 8 weeks before they decide.

Either something came up at the medical, or other agency notes have meant they want further information. This may be due to either Drink, Drug or mental health issues. Standard stuff, just means a delay of probably 6 - 8 weeks before they decide.
Ok thanks was just wondering if happened to other people and the results

Hi did they ask the docters to fill out a questionaire *
Nope I didn’t have to do that?
No they didn’t go to my doctors.

I feel like if you have a low reading they give you the licence straight away

meduim levels- they get a doctors report to check you havnt got any alcohol issues

high reading- refused licence

so as long as your all good with the docs you should be ok I reckon

Thanks for the info and glad you're back on the road. Did you keep checking the website or for the letter to turn up in the post?
I kept calling them everyday and emailed a guy called Tim Burton and the very next day when I called they said they sent out a letter stating I had a full licence again.

meduim levels- they get a doctors report to check you havnt got any alcohol issues

Nope, that is not the case. Plenty of people with low readings have had their GP written to, some end up with their licence back, others don't. Depends on circumstances.

Yes I haven't had any issues with the dcotwra about drink ever so hopefully then I'm be ok thanks

Nope, that is not the case. Plenty of people with low readings have had their GP written to, some end up with their licence back, others don't. Depends on circumstances.
Sounds strange to me like luck of the draw if that’s the case.

Hey guys, this is a horrible road isn’t it. Just thought I’d post on here with my journey so far, I got banned 3 years ago with a DR30 - I also got 2 counts of IN10 and 2 counts of BA10 on my license all within a month of the DR30 (wasn’t in a good place atall) My ban was up 01/03/21.

i re-applied for my license early Feb and was invited for medical 31st March 😞 but I kept pestering and got my medical on 1st March.

I answered the questions honestly that I had to do a medical detox in Feb 2020, however I’ve been completely abstinent (apart from a few little 2-3 day blips since then)

I’ve called the DVLA and they have my results - it’s waiting in a pile for someone to decide. I will keep you updated on this process, I was hoping they wouldn’t contact my doctor because I gave the dates of my detox at my medical and I will have passed the blood test hands down, however.. I now think they probably will contact my doctor. (Maybe I should have lied about me going for a detox by the sounds of things)

nice to meet you all and I’ll keep you updated - I emailed Tim Burton like you guys said

I stupidly bought an Audi last week thinking I’d get my license back within 3 weeks haha that was wishful thinking right

Hey guys, this is a horrible road isn’t it. Just thought I’d post on here with my journey so far, I got banned 3 years ago with a DR30 - I also got 2 counts of IN10 and 2 counts of BA10 on my license all within a month of the DR30 (wasn’t in a good place atall) My ban was up 01/03/21.

i re-applied for my license early Feb and was invited for medical 31st March 😞 but I kept pestering and got my medical on 1st March.

I answered the questions honestly that I had to do a medical detox in Feb 2020, however I’ve been completely abstinent (apart from a few little 2-3 day blips since then)

I’ve called the DVLA and they have my results - it’s waiting in a pile for someone to decide. I will keep you updated on this process, I was hoping they wouldn’t contact my doctor because I gave the dates of my detox at my medical and I will have passed the blood test hands down, however.. I now think they probably will contact my doctor. (Maybe I should have lied about me going for a detox by the sounds of things)

nice to meet you all and I’ll keep you updated - I emailed Tim Burton like you guys said

I stupidly bought an Audi last week thinking I’d get my license back within 3 weeks haha that was wishful thinking right
Welcome to the forum jodi. Expect then to contact your GP as you will have been classed as HRO

Welcome to the forum jodi. Expect then to contact your GP as you will have been classed as HRO

Thankyou.. Yep I am a HRO, I’ll keep hounding them anyway to figure out what’s going on. Reading Markdeeeeps comments made me think I should have just played the no answers to all the questions and maybe I would have just flown through this process without them going to the GP.

either way I’ll keep posting with updates 🙂

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off