DVLA Medical - Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
Hi I am due to take my medical on the 23rd of march,I have not had any drink at all in about 7 months,I do have a history of drinking back in 2015 and in 2019 with the doctor although not dependency,would I be best being honest about the past or should I just play daft to that and stick to not drinking at all until and after I have my medical?any advice or information would be gratefully appreciated.
You are right about not drinking, but wrong to ‘play it daft’.... You might get away with it, but if DVLA to check with your GP and found you have lied on answers on your medical form you will face a hard battle to get your licence back.
I would advise that you make an appointment with your doctor and get your sobriety on record with him / her. You say it was not dependency, but according to how it was worded on your medical notes, DVA may have a different view! Ask your GP if you can have a LFT test to re enforce that you are currently alcohol free.

You are right about not drinking, but wrong to ‘play it daft’.... You might get away with it, but if DVLA to check with your GP and found you have lied on answers on your medical form you will face a hard battle to get your licence back.
I would advise that you make an appointment with your doctor and get your sobriety on record with him / her. You say it was not dependency, but according to how it was worded on your medical notes, DVA may have a different view! Ask your GP if you can have a LFT test to re enforce that you are currently alcohol free.
Thank you I am going to speak to my do7
Thank you,I am in contact with my doctor although I dont k ow if they will do an LFT due to covid restrictions it's only phone appointments they are doing unless emergency

Hi so I’ve got my medical booked next month on 29th of March (been waiting since December as only appointment available) but I am concerned as it’s 4 days before a bank holiday and the letter says Do NOT book 3 days before a bank holiday as the samples won’t be analysed. Can any one offer and Insight / knowledge on this particular situation? TIA

Hi so I’ve got my medical booked next month on 29th of March (been waiting since December as only appointment available) but I am concerned as it’s 4 days before a bank holiday and the letter says Do NOT book 3 days before a bank holiday as the samples won’t be analysed. Can any one offer and Insight / knowledge on this particular situation? TIA
If it says 3 days and you are 4 days it will be fine. Doctors will or should be aware of how the dvla system works

My GP asked me the medical questions on February 18th and the DVLA said they have still not received them in the post from him. What is he using tortoise post?

Hey again ladies and gents,

I've finally received my invitation to book a medical, it says to wait 4 days to try and book one, is this something you've all had to do also? Or can I ring sooner?
Cheers

Hey again ladies and gents,

I've finally received my invitation to book a medical, it says to wait 4 days to try and book one, is this something you've all had to do also? Or can I ring sooner?
Cheers
I didn't wait, you can try book it and see what the GP says.

They say 4 days to be sure that the doctor nominated has had time
To receive the booking and enter your details on their system. No harm in trying earlier though.

Having tried ringing my appointed doctor to book my medical, I fear I'll be waiting months for an appointment, can't get through to him and even his voicemail box is full, I'll wait a few days and try again but has anyone else had this problem? Should I try the next closest place that does the medical and see if that's any faster?

Having tried ringing my appointed doctor to book my medical, I fear I'll be waiting months for an appointment, can't get through to him and even his voicemail box is full, I'll wait a few days and try again but has anyone else had this problem? Should I try the next closest place that does the medical and see if that's any faster?
If its mobile number text him that you want to book appointment for DVLA purpose they will call you back

Sorry to be posting so much guys, just wanted to update for anyone that cares, the doctor rang me back and I'm booked in for my medical next Wednesday! Woohoo, hell yeah!😁

For anyone that is interested - if you can't get a medical appointment go back to the DVLA and ask for another surgery - i had to do this 3 times before i found one - yes i had to travel further but in the scheme of things that's no real issue. Also, based on the letter I got in January - DVLA are saying medicals need to be booked within 12 weeks due to covid.

I had my medical early February, the DVLA posted a questionnaire to my GP who asked me the questions a fortnight ago. However the GPs admin forgot to post it to the DVLA. They said would post it first class two days ago but the DVLA have not received it yet. And then when the DVLA get the questionnaire it will probably take them ages to process it. I have done my punishment and then some, I just want to get on with my life again instead of being stuck like I have been the last three and a bit years

My doctor sent the forms back on tuesday this week so 02/03/2021 as the DVLA asked for a GP report, any one know the answer to either of these questions.

1/ do they dead with the gp reports quicker?
2/ if they decline me what will the view my licence change to? or will it stay the same?

My doctor sent the forms back on tuesday this week so 02/03/2021 as the DVLA asked for a GP report, any one know the answer to either of these questions.

1/ do they dead with the gp reports quicker?
2/ if they decline me what will the view my licence change to? or will it stay the same?
Your licence will be revoked if you fail mate

So DVLA received the result within five days.
I’ve got my medical coming up end of the month, is it just blood tests and the questions that’s needed? I see people saying the DVLA then send questionnaires to GP is that because they are classed as dependent or? Can anyone explain the process and time scale for none dependency? Is it a case of jus doing the medical and receiving licence back after a couple weeks or? TIA

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off