DVLA Medical - Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
As long as your not previously classed dependancy or missuse you will be perfectly fine with questionnaire and CDT results ! But when questioned your weekly alcohol consumption must be below 14 units or else the dvla might engage your GP

As long as your not previously classed dependancy or missuse you will be perfectly fine with questionnaire and CDT results ! But when questioned your weekly alcohol consumption must be below 14 units or else the dvla might engage your GP
Thanks Craig I understand what you say just thought the CDT would show I have taken alcohol when I have said last drink was 30.3.2017.

Well done you for not drinking for three years, 3 glasses of proseco is highly unlikely to raise CDT levels given that you don't drink, CDT levels will only be raised if you were drinking 4/5 cans of fosters a day every day, you're also allowed 14 units of alcohol per week albeit not in one sitting, this minor blip will be absolutely fine and personally myself I wouldn't of bothered with medi checks....
Thanks a lot but as I have paid for Medi Checks will do it and maybe settle the nerves.

Let us know what the results are from medi check...
Yes for sure, as I say I have just received letter on 28th Oct for the DVLA medical and it says I have 6 weeks to complete the medical so hopefully get the Medi Check CDT blood test done and results back before I ring for DVLA medical ... that was my plan.

Hi All,
I have not drank any alcohol for nearly 3 years, on my birthday I went out with my daughter for a meal and was drinking Non Alcohol Prescecco ordered for me by my daughter only for her to find out it was the Alcohol version and I had 3 glasses already.
I have my DVLA medical to do and received the paperwork it says I must complete medical within 6 weeks.
Just wondering if my CDT levels will be high ... I have ordered a CDT testing kit from Medichecks and hope to do this before DVLA medical just wondering if this stupid miss hap will have raised my CDT levels.
I knew I was going for medical and would never have taken alcohol but shit happens and I have thru no fault of my own taken it.
Any help wouldd be great as nerves is getting the better of me :(((((
Hi Pobbn I'm assuming that your running on a temporary licence and if so did this affect your insurance premiums im just curious as I'm expecting a one year temporary licence for alcohol misuse, any advice would be appreciated thanks ...

Hi Pobbn I'm assuming that your running on a temporary licence and if so did this affect your insurance premiums im just curious as I'm expecting a one year temporary licence for alcohol misuse, any advice would be appreciated thanks ...
Hi Honestman,
Nice to hear from you again.
What I can tell you about my own case is the following.
I was given my licence back albeit a one year licence this ran out on the 28th Oct, but the DVLA sent me a letter saying I can still drive under section 88 providing I meet the conditions.
The main condition was to speak with my doctor and if he said not to drive I could not, the doctor asked me about the new DVLA medical that I have to do within the 6 weeks of letter date and I told doctor that I will complete it no problems so he as my doctor had no objections to me driving and has not advised me not to drive.
When I was banned I never asked for licence back and when I did it came back to hunt me .. had to do DVLA medical and got like you say a one year licence but half way thru the one year my convictions where clear the 11 year thing so I had a clean Temp licence when I looked for insurance I took it from Convicted Driver Insurance and sent them copy of clean Temp licence and got insurance ... I did not have any no claims bonus or anything but fully comp for me was £472 for the first year and to drop by 20% the year after with no claims.
That,s my situation to present .... I have the medi checks medical on the 12th Nov and still have time for the DVLA medical with the same CDT% blood test so will keep you informed.
Anything else pal feel free to ask.

Hi Honestman,
Nice to hear from you again.
What I can tell you about my own case is the following.
I was given my licence back albeit a one year licence this ran out on the 28th Oct, but the DVLA sent me a letter saying I can still drive under section 88 providing I meet the conditions.
The main condition was to speak with my doctor and if he said not to drive I could not, the doctor asked me about the new DVLA medical that I have to do within the 6 weeks of letter date and I told doctor that I will complete it no problems so he as my doctor had no objections to me driving and has not advised me not to drive.
When I was banned I never asked for licence back and when I did it came back to hunt me .. had to do DVLA medical and got like you say a one year licence but half way thru the one year my convictions where clear the 11 year thing so I had a clean Temp licence when I looked for insurance I took it from Convicted Driver Insurance and sent them copy of clean Temp licence and got insurance ... I did not have any no claims bonus or anything but fully comp for me was £472 for the first year and to drop by 20% the year after with no claims.
That,s my situation to present .... I have the medi checks medical on the 12th Nov and still have time for the DVLA medical with the same CDT% blood test so will keep you informed.
Anything else pal feel free to ask.
Sorry Honestman I may have confused you.
I had a resit so was given a Temp provisional licence when I passed the test my convictions where off my licence but still held a clean temp one year licence.. hope this has explained it better.

My 3 year medically restricted licence added £112 to my premium at 23 Vs quoting with a full 10 year licence. The older you are the less it will effect you, I think it's just another way to get money out of younger drivers.

My 3 year medically restricted licence added £112 to my premium at 23 Vs quoting with a full 10 year licence. The older you are the less it will effect you, I think it's just another way to get money out of younger drivers.
To be honest with you I just wanted insurance and as you say I am 67 yrs old so you may be correct in everything you say... I am hoping for a 3 year licence this time because of my age coz when 70 yrs old you must renew every 3 years anyway I think.
The insurance told me it would drop by 20% next year when I have 1 years no claim bonus so not to worried just happy to be on the road again :)

To be honest with you I just wanted insurance and as you say I am 67 yrs old so you may be correct in everything you say... I am hoping for a 3 year licence this time because of my age coz when 70 yrs old you must renew every 3 years anyway I think.
The insurance told me it would drop by 20% next year when I have 1 years no claim bonus so not to worried just happy to be on the road again :)
You will FLY the medi checks CDT test, i quit for 3 months ish (apart for one funeral that was 1 month away from when i could apply for my license) and drank most nights before that. Mine came back as 0.5, i have also sent a letter to the DVLA asking for results of their test just out of curiosity.
I had my license back today after a 3 year ban (-25% as i did the course).
Good luck and don't worry.

You will FLY the medi checks CDT test, i quit for 3 months ish (apart for one funeral that was 1 month away from when i could apply for my license) and drank most nights before that. Mine came back as 0.5, i have also sent a letter to the DVLA asking for results of their test just out of curiosity.
I had my license back today after a 3 year ban (-25% as i did the course).
Good luck and don't worry.
Good man that's nice to hear your mobile again :)
The reason for the medi checks is I know my CDT% should hopefully be low as it was 3 glasses of Prosecco a one off since March 2017, I was hoping to have their result back before DVLA medical to go armed with the results but if not I will be doing the same as you and asking DVLA to send me the results as they play a wonderful game of letter play .... every letter 2nd class taking 6 days to receive.
At the end of the day they are not going to execute me, maybe tell me I may have another blood test in 3 months time I saw that on their web site under the doctors evaluation if a person is fit to drive.
Glad your mobile and thanks for the comment.

I would like to let everyone know that I’ve received my licence .
Falling to provide 2010
Driving whilst being disqualified December 2012
Ban for 3 years
October 2019 applied for my licence
November 2019 blood test
April 2020 contacted MP
28 April 20 driving licence issued .

this is my experience .

Good luck to everyone

I would like to let everyone know that I’ve received my licence .
Falling to provide 2010
Driving whilst being disqualified December 2012
Ban for 3 years
October 2019 applied for my licence
November 2019 blood test
April 2020 contacted MP
28 April 20 driving licence issued .

this is my experience .

Good luck to everyone

contacted MP? Sorry what does this mean?

Congratulations on getting your license back! ?
May I ask, have you had any alcohol issues logged with your GP?
That’s something I’ve considered, If DVLA drag heels and exhaust all avenues then I’d go to my MP. In my younger years I worked for a now obsolete quango. The timescales where abysmal but the second an MP got involved the case would be progress immediately.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off