DVLA Medical - Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
I’d say contacting dvla before the time scale they advise is a waste of your time it is a nightmare waiting but just another reason not to go through this all again in the future

so wait 20 working days for your decision
4-6 weeks for anything else

check the dvla license page daily that will give you more info than sitting wasting your life on hold or constantly redialling your phone every 10 seconds
Hiya,
Where abouts do I find out online any updates about my license? I did my medical last week. I phoned the DVLA this morning and they said my qiestionarre wasn't scanned on yet. But they hardly got any blood for me so waiting to hear if I need to redo my blood test.
Any advice would be great thank you!!

Hiya,
Where abouts do I find out online any updates about my license? I did my medical last week. I phoned the DVLA this morning and they said my qiestionarre wasn't scanned on yet. But they hardly got any blood for me so waiting to hear if I need to redo my blood test.
Advice is be patient - easier said than done I fully realise. Have read reports that due to ancient IT, can take up to ten weeks for stuff to be scanned. Hopefully that's worse case scenario. The Swansea bureaucrats really seem to have no regular timescales and each case is different. Realise this is not what you want to hear.

No I mean have seen people on here going online and checking the progress of there application
If you are banned and applying for your licence to be returned, there is no way at present of checking its progress online. In my case, after my GP had sent his report, I kept checking the online status and eventually it changed from No Licence to a 1 Year Licence. THe paperwork and the actual licence followed a few days later.

If you are banned and applying for your licence to be returned, there is no way at present of checking its progress online. In my case, after my GP had sent his report, I kept checking the online status and eventually it changed from No Licence to a 1 Year Licence. THe paperwork and the actual licence followed a few days later.
What online status how do you check you online status thats what I am getting at cheers 👍

What online status how do you check you online status thats what I am getting at cheers 👍
Just type in 'check licence online' and go to the Gov website. You'll need your driver number or National Insurance No and your postcode.

Do you have your old licence or even your provisional or perhaps a letter from the DVLA? All you need is your driving licence number, your national insurance number and your post code (?) and you can view your licence status online.

Hiya,
You can't really get an accurate update on much of the process, you can call the DVLA and they'll let you know when they received any correspondence usually.

I did try using one of the online contact forms when I was querying about my results and whether they had received my questionnaire, they responded saying they had sent a letter to my GP and also informed me of my CDT results.

The online licence checker shows your current status to drive, penalties and endorsements. It is handy to check as apparently any entitlement will show up on the website before you actually receive your licence back in the post. Other than that it doesn't show any progress before being approved, which will be the last step of the process.

You can't really get an accurate update on much of the process, you can call the DVLA and they'll let you know when they received any correspondence usually.

I did try using one of the online contact forms when I was querying about my results and whether they had received my questionnaire, they responded saying they had sent a letter to my GP and also informed me of my CDT results.

The online licence checker shows your current status to drive, penalties and endorsements. It is handy to check as apparently any entitlement will show up on the website before you actually receive your licence back in the post. Other than that it doesn't show any progress before being approved, which will be the last step of the process.
Have you got the link of the contact form please.

Have you got the link of the contact form please.

If I remember correctly I took a different route to selecting track medical progress option as that doesn't let you write anything.

Then select:
A GB driving licence
Any other GB licence enquiry
Any other GB licence enquiry not listed

You'll have to input your name, address and if known your driving licence information. The final page gives you a box to write up any information you find relevant. I think there's a limit on the amount of words so keep it short.

If I remember correctly I took a different route to selecting track medical progress option as that doesn't let you write anything.

Then select:
A GB driving licence
Any other GB licence enquiry
Any other GB licence enquiry not listed

You'll have to input your name, address and if known your driving licence information. The final page gives you a box to write up any information you find relevant. I think there's a limit on the amount of words so keep it short.
Thanks alot

Sent my application form off on the 17th February..... not heard anything back . I've rang 3 times in between but said that it's still waiting to be seen my the medical team... 😞. Might get a medical this year 🤔

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off