DVLA Medical - Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
Yes sorry but your in for a wait, I posted my postal order on May 28 (i think) and im still waiting . medical was in September, and Drs reply sent just over 8 weeks ago. sorry but dont hold out for your licence before june id reckon. If youve sent it , you just have to get used to waiting. I wouldnt bother trying to contact them it will only cause more frustration , but maybe check your online bank for when the check is cashed and then youll have an idea were you are. --- Its a wait
that's actually brutal. are you still waiting for your license now? I have just been on the phone to them and they say they received the application only last week (13th jan).

I sent my licence in Feb last year, had my ban expire in April and had my medical in July and still waiting.
Have they written to your GP? My husbands ban ended 9th Dec had his medical 17th Nov the wrote to him on 12th jan to say they have contacted his GP. Who he’s rang and they said they aim to reply within a week to the dvla then it’s back in the medical teams hands. We did send a complaint in in December and when he spoke to an advisor they said his application was a priority now? Who knows, but the wait is even more painful than being banned at the moment!

Have they written to your GP? My husbands ban ended 9th Dec had his medical 17th Nov the wrote to him on 12th jan to say they have contacted his GP. Who he’s rang and they said they aim to reply within a week to the dvla then it’s back in the medical teams hands. We did send a complaint in in December and when he spoke to an advisor they said his application was a priority now? Who knows, but the wait is even more painful than being banned at the moment!
They won't write to my GP, it's was a urine test and they still haven't got the results of them, 6 months on... My psychiatrist has already written to them multiple times

HRO - failing to provide. 23 at the time. Drink very rarely keep very fit. Waiting for medical can someone give me an idea of how long it will take? I’ve read people are waiting months my ban ended December 2021. Cheers

I believe the letter normally says that you cannot apply for 6 months, and that is from the date on the letter, so 25th April.
The good news about renewing your licence at 70 is that it
Can be done online so it should be a fairly quick process.
thanks price1367 for that will i have to contact them or will they send out a D27 as they never did when i applied 1 March last year

HRO - failing to provide. 23 at the time. Drink very rarely keep very fit. Waiting for medical can someone give me an idea of how long it will take? I’ve read people are waiting months my ban ended December 2021. Cheers
could take quite a while. Mine ended in August and im still waiting. You just have to keep waiting im afraid

I havent heard of anyone who has been properly "prioritised " following a complaint , ive heard of letters from MPs and muliple calls to the DVLA medical section etc.
I dont think anything we can do will speed the process up but i could be mistaken. If I am id like to know

Its a waiting game following applying it seems

ignore that i misread
Do you think I should reapply online as i am still waiting on an application sent on october 20th with my ban ending on january 20th. with my cheque still not cashed and no news on medical exam.
Something seems off here. I applied on the 15th July and my cheque was cashed on the 31st August, about 6 weeks later. Yours is about 3 months from application. I would definitely contact them. You just need to keep hitting re-dial and be prepared to spend at least an hour on the phone.

Something seems off here. I applied on the 15th July and my cheque was cashed on the 31st August, about 6 weeks later. Yours is about 3 months from application. I would definitely contact them. You just need to keep hitting re-dial and be prepared to spend at least an hour on the phone.
I managed to get through on the phone and all they could tell me was that the application had been received on the 13th Jan. Then I received a call from a no caller ID saying that they would send another message to the team or something like that

thanks price1367 for that will i have to contact them or will they send out a D27 as they never did when i applied 1 March last year
Which are you asking about?
If you did want to apply again in 6 months you would have to get a D1 from the post office as it is up to you to apply then if you want to.
If you are asking about when you are 70 then they should send you a reminder and a D27 but you can use a D1 then as well (and you can apply online, which is the recommended way and much quicker)

1642518365654.png Here is a clue.........
There are short pieces of string
there are long pieces of string
but the DVLA piece of string is made out of elastic and infinitely variable,,,,,,,

Which are you asking about?
If you did want to apply again in 6 months you would have to get a D1 from the post office as it is up to you to apply then if you want to.
If you are asking about when you are 70 then they should send you a reminder and a D27 but you can use a D1 then as well (and you can apply online, which is the recommended way and much quicker)
Thanks price useful information as always

Lol wow just spoke to dvla still saying they’ve received the results but not the paperwork done by the dvla doctor. It’s now been 44 days since my medical spoke to the dvla doctor he said he faxed them over the same day. Dvla agent said fax takes 10 days and it’s been 44 days pathetic really.

He also showed me the exact time and date that they received it.

At this point we can only really laugh about it then get mad about it.

Last edited:
Lol wow just spoke to dvla still saying they’ve received the results but not the paperwork done by the dvla doctor. It’s now been 44 days since my medical spoke to the dvla doctor he said he faxed them over the same day. Dvla agent said fax takes 10 days and it’s been 44 days pathetic really.

He also showed me the exact time and date that they received it.

At this point we can only really laugh about it then get mad about it.
I've been waiting 188 days since my medical, count yourself lucky!

Yes that's right
Just tried it. Been waiting 10 minutes listening to crappy music. I think they have maybe gotten wise to this. Reason I am calling is because my GP has had the DVLA from for 2 months now and done nothing with it. The girl I spoke to at the GP's did sound exasperated as she said they had literally hundreds of them to get through (although she did tell me last week it would be made VERY HIGH priority.) For some reason out of a practice of 8 GP's only 1 GP completes these forms, and he only does it 'when he can.'

If I get to speak with someone I will perhaps ask them to contact the GP and try and move it forward.

Annoying thing is my CDT was 0.30%, so I'm pee'd off they have written as I know of others on here with much higher CDT's that have had their licence returned in around 12 weeks.

Just tried it. Been waiting 10 minutes listening to crappy music. I think they have maybe gotten wise to this. Reason I am calling is because my GP has had the DVLA from for 2 months now and done nothing with it. The girl I spoke to at the GP's did sound exasperated as she said they had literally hundreds of them to get through (although she did tell me last week it would be made VERY HIGH priority.) For some reason out of a practice of 8 GP's only 1 GP completes these forms, and he only does it 'when he can.'

If I get to speak with someone I will perhaps ask them to contact the GP and try and move it forward.

Annoying thing is my CDT was 0.30%, so I'm pee'd off they have written as I know of others on here with much higher CDT's that have had their licence returned in around 12 weeks.
The issue with just one GP doing the medical forms is being addressed soon. There is a move afoot to allow a nurse to complete the forms which should speed things up a lot, not that it helps you at the moment!

Annoying thing is my CDT was 0.30%, so I'm pee'd off they have written as I know of others on here with much higher CDT's that have had their licence returned in around 12 wee ks.
I waited on hold exactly 45 minutes to the second last night Luna.
The number is also posted all over that Facebook site so it's well used by others so I reckon that's why there are delays nowadays.
The main thing is that you are in the queue with this one and not repeatedly calling, thinking you are getting through and then THEY tell you no one is available then you go through the whole rigmarole again.
My gp had mines 10 weeks also.
Hang in there😍

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off