DVLA Medical - Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
The medical was about 20 minutes. The doctor was so nice. I emailed Tim burton my work contract that specifies I must drive. Tim burton was prompt in replying.
How can I contact Tim burton?? I have been waiting for so long and all the phone numbers are just dead ends.

How can I contact Tim burton?? I have been waiting for so long and all the phone numbers are just dead ends.
Tim Burton does not currently answer individual email requests. Scoabie’s phone number is the best way to contact the medical section.

Well its Christmas eve and im here working with Covid again and over Christmas too. with the added joy of extra taxi fees at this festive period. hurray

Heres a christmas puzzle for everyone. As its very unlikely for me to get it back today. when do we think the DVLA will be back working as "normal" after Christmas. Im guessing January 4th, what do people think.

Happy Christmas everyone

There is some hope over Christmas / new year….. these are the opening hours for DVLA:

Christmas Eve 24 December 8am to 12pm
Christmas Day 25 December closed
Boxing Day 26 December closed
Monday 27 December closed
Tuesday 28 December closed
Wednesday 29 December 8am to 5.30pm
Thursday 30 December 8am to 5.30pm
New Year’s Eve 31 December 8am to 5.30pm
New Year’s Day 1 January 2022 closed
Sunday 2 January closed
Monday 3 January closed
Tuesday 4 January 8am to 8pm

There is some hope over Christmas / new year….. these are the opening hours for DVLA:

Christmas Eve 24 December 8am to 12pm
Christmas Day 25 December closed
Boxing Day 26 December closed
Monday 27 December closed
Tuesday 28 December closed
Wednesday 29 December 8am to 5.30pm
Thursday 30 December 8am to 5.30pm
New Year’s Eve 31 December 8am to 5.30pm
New Year’s Day 1 January 2022 closed
Sunday 2 January closed
Monday 3 January closed
Tuesday 4 January 8am to 8pm
Im not holding out for a Christmas miracle but thank you

I really have to ask, how the F*** did you get your licence back so quickly with a reading that high.

Did they write to your GP?

I applied on 15th July for my licence, had my Medical on 30th September, ban ended 12th October and I am still waiting as they have decided to write to my GP despite me having a CDT of 0.20% and only scoring I on the medical questionnaire.

Going by your timeline, I 'should' get my licence back in a week's time but I am not holding my breath.
I don’t think they wrote to my doctor
My cdt score was 1.0 %
I drank all through my ban but stopped just short of 3 months before my medical
I wish everyone luck with their applications 👍

Nice one Bazzmo,

Got my medical on 15th December, haven't drank since 8th November so that'll be day 37 of not drinking. Hopefully this will speed everything up!

Is there anything else you think may have helped you on your way to a quick decision?

Cheers,
Elsoal
Hi Elsoal, I think it was the low cdt reading of 1.0 %
You should be fine seen as you stopped for 37 days
Good luck 🤞

Hi Elsoal, I think it was the low cdt reading of 1.0 %
You should be fine seen as you stopped for 37 days
Good luck 🤞
Well, my official CDT reading was 0.30% and I only scored 1 on the questionnaire, but they still wrote to my GP. No rhyme or reason for their decisions.

Dvla work randomly as they have had my application since January 2021, still not got any information. Called today after 204 times of trying!! And 2 hours in, just to be told someone has opened my file recently, totally fed up with it all now yes or no will do me so I can sort things out on a permanent basis
Good luck all

Hi all,

Thanks so much for all your information. Just to add to the data pool:

I was banned for 16 months in 2015 August
I was banned for 3 years in 2018 November
(HRO due to it being second offence)

Sent D1 form 21 August 2021
Received medical appointment booking letter 15th October
Ban expired 19th November
Medical 24th November (CDT and physical exam)
My GP has not been written to yet, unsure as to whether they will or not
Fingers crossed and continually checking the website license status!

I didn't drink for 3 months eating up to medical, bar 3 pints at a gig on October 30th

Some really positive stories on here of quick turnarounds, as well as some horror stories, so we shall see.
I am in Buckinghamshire/Chilterns, Southern UK for what it's worth

Pleased to meet you all, albeit shitty circumstances.
Please keep us posted as to how you get on. Did you visit your GP and have any additional test done so they can support your no drinking or controlled drinking along with the DVLA Medical?

Can someone help me please? I applied to get my licence back in October (2021) and I have heard absolutely NOTHING from the DVLA. Their website states after 10 weeks you can contact them - but how?? Phones are constantly full, no reply from the message service, no reply by post? Can someone help with their experiences and timescales please?

Can someone help me please? I applied to get my licence back in October (2021) and I have heard absolutely NOTHING from the DVLA. Their website states after 10 weeks you can contact them - but how?? Phones are constantly full, no reply from the message service, no reply by post? Can someone help with their experiences and timescales please?
Hi Rocketman48 if you phone this number 0300 123 1350 with the extension 252 and you’ll get through to an advisor that could help you find out what’s going on

Hi Rocketman48 if you phone this number 0300 123 1350 with the extension 252 and you’ll get through to an advisor that could help you find out what’s going on
Thanks Scoabie. I have managed to get through on the welsh language option but only to be told that it's unlikely that it will even get put onto their system before the 10 weeks are up!! Apparently it just sits in a big pile waiting to be entered onto the system. This is bonkers!!. I accept the NHS are backed up - they've been had at it for almost 2 years, non stop, with quadruple the workload. In comparison, the DVLA hasn't had the increased workload, they are just doing what they've always done - why the massive delay? My boss would have me down the job club if I couldn't do my work within a 10 week working window....its pathetic!

Did you send your application recorded mate? I sent mine back in June, after chasing it, many phone calls (sometimes 100 times redialling) and time waiting once I got through, I was told in September that they had lost it. Reapplied and they made sure they received it and passed it onto the medical team the next day, but only heard off the medical team at the start of December. But finally medical is booked later this month

Did you send your application recorded mate? I sent mine back in June, after chasing it, many phone calls (sometimes 100 times redialling) and time waiting once I got through, I was told in September that they had lost it. Reapplied and they made sure they received it and passed it onto the medical team the next day, but only heard off the medical team at the start of December. But finally medical is booked later this month
I did send it recorded Mike - thank God. Otherwise I wouldn't even know if it had got there. Still doesn't fill me with confidence that they can lose it once it does get there. And to be told not to expect the timescales on their own website to be met it just bonkers! And I have to say thank you for your comments though - you've been more helpful after 10 minutes than the DVLA have been in 10 weeks! Thanks MikeT07.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off