DVLA Medical - Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
here's one I haven't found an answer for. I received a letter stating they are writing to my hospital Dr. The letter was dated 22 October, and I didn't receive it until the 29th October. How long before my Dr receives the communication from DVLA ? ------ I know the Dr really well and he's on my side completely ( I spoke to him last night and no sign of anything yet ) and he has told me he will do it straight away once he receives it. Whats the general wait for this

here's one I haven't found an answer for. I received a letter stating they are writing to my hospital Dr. The letter was dated 22 October, and I didn't receive it until the 29th October. How long before my Dr receives the communication from DVLA ? ------ I know the Dr really well and he's on my side completely ( I spoke to him last night and no sign of anything yet ) and he has told me he will do it straight away once he receives it. Whats the general wait for this
Mine was very similar (letter dated 20th September, the letter arrived 27th September). I received a phone call from my GP the following Monday (4th October, but this was over the weekend). Obviously depends on the practice but if you have a good relationship with your GP I imagine they will call you to discuss it.

There is no way of answering anything on timescales as far as the dvla are concerned. It seems every single person is treated differently.

I know it’s not what you wanted to hear but it’s the way it is with them at present . All I can say is keep ringing the medical department at dvla and see how it’s progressing and if they have sent the letter to the GP / Consultant.

They are a nightmare and I’m talking from experience with my ongoing situation.

Hello, so after a long wait I am at 99 days prior to when I can receive my lisence back. I have moved house and written to the dvla back in august to tell them this but it has still not been updated in the online system, I assume due to the backlog but I have got my post redirected to my new address. I have not received the D27, when can I expect this? Am I best to jump the gun and just get a D1 form and send it off ASAP to speed up the process? We were told 90 days prior, will they reject it if I send it 99 days before?

The D27 seems to be sent out about a week in to the 90 days, going by reports on here.
There is nothing to stop you submitting a D1 from the post office as in reality they are the same except for your pre printed details being on the D27.
Normally I would say to NOT sent a D1 in advance of the 90 days because they would just reject it, but given the current delays It isn’t going to be opened in the next week if you do send it now……..

The D27 seems to be sent out about a week in to the 90 days, going by reports on here.
There is nothing to stop you submitting a D1 from the post office as in reality they are the same except for your pre printed details being on the D27.
Normally I would say to NOT sent a D1 in advance of the 90 days because they would just reject it, but given the current delays It isn’t going to be opened in the next week if you do send it now……..
Thanks, I just don’t want to cause myself any additional delays by sending a form early and finding it is rejected. But I agree, my address change hasn’t been looked at in 3 months so I’m sure they wouldn’t notice a form being a week or so early: at least it will be higher up the pile.

Thanks, I just don’t want to cause myself any additional delays by sending a form early and finding it is rejected. But I agree, my address change hasn’t been looked at in 3 months so I’m sure they wouldn’t notice a form being a week or so early: at least it will be higher up the pile.
You can change your address online through the chat bot system . Go on to contact DVLA select the webchat service and go from there .

I’ve got an update for my case, as I had to got for a second blood test as the first one had haemolyzed I phoned the DVLA medical team and it took 50 mins to get through.The lovely chap said he can’t disclose the results over the phone but the will look over them and hopefully issue a licence. More waiting but I’m glad they’ve looked at the sample cause I’d be raging if I had to go for a third blood test

I’ve got an update for my case, as I had to got for a second blood test as the first one had haemolyzed I phoned the DVLA medical team and it took 50 mins to get through.The lovely chap said he can’t disclose the results over the phone but the will look over them and hopefully issue a licence. More waiting but I’m glad they’ve looked at the sample cause I’d be raging if I had to go for a third blood test
Excellent news… didn’t he say it had to go to the medical panel first as I was told the people that answer the phones are not medically trained and so it’s not down to them to make the decision??
That was by a medical team member I spoke to on the phone .

Excellent news… didn’t he say it had to go to the medical panel first as I was told the people that answer the phones are not medically trained and so it’s not down to them to make the decision??
That was by a medical team member I spoke to on the phone .
Yeah forgot to add that, it was a medical team member and he did say he’s not medically trained to advise me

I’ve had to change all sorts over the past 2 years 8 months.. 10 psychiatrists and 2 doctors 🤣🤣🤣 good job I didn’t have to ring.

hope you got it sorted 🕊
Do you just have to be persistent? All I am getting it no handlers available on the chat? Is there a specific time that’s best? Any tips?

Do you just have to be persistent? All I am getting it no handlers available on the chat? Is there a specific time that’s best? Any tips?
Yes just keep redialling over and over until it gives a tone or you get a different automated message from the one that starts …”we apologise “

as I said it’s taken between 19 - 103 attempts on different days . That’s for the drivers medical department

Yes just keep redialling over and over until it gives a tone or you get a different automated message from the one that starts …”we apologise “

as I said it’s taken between 19 - 103 attempts on different days . That’s for the drivers medical department
How about the chatbot? Same scenario?

How about the chatbot? Same scenario?
Chat bot is no good at all it will take you through then tell you to ring as they cannot help through chat bot … hence me ringing so many times . If your looking for an easy quick way to do it then forget it . They don’t have the staff or the inclination to help at all.

Can anyone help?
just got a letter to go for my bloods again. As the chain of custody request was missing? Honestly it’s actually so infuriating
Thanks

Can anyone help?
just got a letter to go for my bloods again. As the chain of custody request was missing? Honestly it’s actually so infuriating
Thanks
If the chain of custody could not be proved, no lab will not analyse a sample, there is no way round that.
All you can do, I’m afraid, is arrange a second sample.

Chain of custody refers to a system of controls and procedures that document the progress of a sample from the point of collection through the laboratory to its disposal after the results have been accepted. It’s important to note that for random testing the chain of custody process starts from the point at which the donor is chosen. This is to ensure that the donor has been fairly chosen at random and the collection is not undermined, which in turn could affect the validity of the results.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off