DVLA Medical - Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance

R25644

Yes I did. I called them and typed in my medical appointment time and date. Thanks for giving me hope. 🙂
Just to keep this in line with what the DVLA are saying, they give 6-10 weeks as the timescale they are aiming for.
I waiting 10 weeks, then received a letter saying they are writing to my GP. Therefore I had my medical on 19th July and I’m still waiting for my license.
Best of luck to you, I really hope they don’t contact your GP and you get your license back before Christmas! Hang in there.

Polly3

Yeah did you ring the dvla to confirm your medical appointment on the automated line?

As long as you do that 4 - 5 weeks max after your medical you will have your license back!
My understanding is that you are asked to confirm the appointment being made as soon as you make it i.e before the medical.

R25644

My understanding is that you are asked to confirm the appointment being made as soon as you make it i.e before the medical.
Yeah everyone has to do this, so saying that as long as you do it then it will be 4-5 weeks max is not accurate.

Gypy

Just to keep this in line with what the DVLA are saying, they give 6-10 weeks as the timescale they are aiming for.
I waiting 10 weeks, then received a letter saying they are writing to my GP. Therefore I had my medical on 19th July and I’m still waiting for my license.
Best of luck to you, I really hope they don’t contact your GP and you get your license back before Christmas! Hang in there.
Thanks alot.

Polly3

4-5 weeks max? I said before I've been waiting 12 weeks. False info, not everyone's case is the same I guess..
Everyone’s case is indeed different. My licence was returned approximately 14 weeks after the medical .
I got my licence back 13 weeks after my medical. This included delays with DVLA acknowledging receipt of medical results , and them then writing to my GP. The GP returned form 22/6 . I got my licence 30/7. I’ve been following this forum for months and don’t recall anyone reporting decisions being made in 4 to 5 weeks. This is not to say this cannot happen , but if it goes way over this , do not lose heart . They will process things but , in my experience, at a slow pace . My advice to anyone waiting is to progress chase : eg check papers/ results received , and check GP has responded etc .

R25644

Everyone’s case is indeed different. My licence was returned approximately 14 weeks after the medical .

I got my licence back 13 weeks after my medical. This included delays with DVLA acknowledging receipt of medical results , and them then writing to my GP. The GP returned form 22/6 . I got my licence 30/7. I’ve been following this forum for months and don’t recall anyone reporting decisions being made in 4 to 5 weeks. This is not to say this cannot happen , but if it goes way over this , do not lose heart . They will process things but , in my experience, at a slow pace . My advice to anyone waiting is to progress chase : eg check papers/ results received , and check GP has responded etc .
Thank you.
my GP has sent the papers off with a recent LFT. So I hope to receive my license in the next 4 weeks. Taking it to a 15 week process post medical (25 weeks in total). That’s with everything going to plan anyway!

aqeels23

If you read my original response I said IF they do not have to write to your GP then it will only take 4 - 5 weeks and I agree everyones cases are different

Sadtimes

For me sent d1 form 19th May
Medical 23rd Aug
5th October received letter from dvla stating they are writing to my doctor. Ban ended end of July!

danty_20

Just logged onto the DVLA website for the 3rd time today to check my licence update............and full licence has been issued from tomorrow. It expires in September 2024 but that's when i need to renew my photo licence anyway so guessing i've passed with flying colours and got a 10 year one

In total shock at the minute!

Date applied : 04/06/21
Cheque cashed: 19/08/21
Ban ended: 26/08/21
Letter to book medical: 03/09/21
Had medical 24/09/21
Licence issued 13/10/21

I'll be more confident when i receive my physical licence through the post though and receive all the letters from the DVLA regarding CDT scores etc.

Reading everyone else's posts on here i wasn't expecting mine back this side of Christmas.

I had a reading of 98 in breath and was disqualified for 2 years taken down to 18 months after the drink driving course and 60 hours community service. I had an accident when i got arrested but no one was hurt or involved.

I was honest in my medical about everything (the accident, last drink was 2 pints on 10/09/21 and i consume on average 10-20 units of alcohol per month and drank more than 6 units at one sitting in the last year 4 times. Never had any issues with alcohol, drugs or depression. Never seen my DR regarding alcohol)

This forum has been so helpful for the last 18 months. Every question I've thought of I've found answers to on here.

R25644

Just logged onto the DVLA website for the 3rd time today to check my licence update............and full licence has been issued from tomorrow. It expires in September 2024 but that's when i need to renew my photo licence anyway so guessing i've passed with flying colours and got a 10 year one

Had medical 24/09/21
Licence issued 13/10/21

I'll be more confident when i receive my physical licence through the post though and receive all the letters from the DVLA regarding CDT scores etc.

Reading everyone else's posts on here i wasn't expecting mine back this side of Christmas.

I had a reading of 98 in breath and was disqualified for 2 years taken down to 18 months after the drink driving course and 60 hours community service. I had an accident when i got arrested but no one was hurt or involved.

I was honest in my medical about everything (the accident, last drink was 2 pints on 10/09/21 and i consume on average 10-20 units of alcohol per month and drank more than 6 units at one sitting in the last year 4 times. Never had any issues with alcohol, drugs or depression. Never seen my DR regarding alcohol)

This forum has been so helpful for the last 18 months. Every question I've thought of I've found answers to on here.
Congratulations!! Finally put this chapter to bed and move on.

Gypy

Had medical 24/09/21
Licence issued 13/10/21

Congrats 🎉

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off