DVLA Medical - Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
15th July 2021. That will be 4 weeks on Friday.
I think my cheque was cashed just before the 4 week point, but that was before strike action . Did you send it recorded delivery ( i.e has it been confirmed as delivered)?

I think my cheque was cashed just before the 4 week point, but that was before strike action . Did you send it recorded delivery ( i.e has it been confirmed as delivered)?
No, I didn't think to do that. Should be okay though. I'll try calling them first thing in the morning as if you phone after 8.00 am, you will not get through.

No, I didn't think to do that. Should be okay though. I'll try calling them first thing in the morning as if you phone after 8.00 am, you will not get through.
Good idea. You might at least then establish that they’ve received it .

Good idea. You might at least then establish that they’ve received it .
I've tried to contact them via phone but no avail. I emailed them but got an auto reply saying its between 6-12 weeks before you even get the letter allowing you to book the medical.

I actually got the D27 form a few days after i could apply so i sent that off recorded delivery (they received it the next day) along with the £90 cheque. I think that was around 4th June. I've heard nothing and cheque hasn't been cashed. I'm supposed to receive my licence back 2 weeks tomorrow.

I've tried to contact them via phone but no avail. I emailed them but got an auto reply saying its between 6-12 weeks before you even get the letter allowing you to book the medical.

I actually got the D27 form a few days after i could apply so i sent that off recorded delivery (they received it the next day) along with the £90 cheque. I think that was around 4th June. I've heard nothing and cheque hasn't been cashed. I'm supposed to receive my licence back 2 weeks tomorrow.
That's slightly different from what I did. Nothing had arrived from DVLA 90 days before , so given the problems they are having, I filled in a D1 and a DR1 form and sent those off with the cheque.

The D27P arrived in about 7 days later, but there was no DR1 form with it. Seems this can now be completed purely at the medical by the Doc.

hi all been reading a lot on this site my experience is banned for 23 months, on 2 december 2019. Did did course worked out date re apply as 25 5 2021, nothing in post ie d27 ,so on 1 3 2021 sent D1 with new photo £90.0 cheque waited for some acknowledgment nothing .Cheque cashed on the 18 March . On the website it said my ban would end8 May , 30 April letter arrived saying I would have to have medical with there doctor so contacted doctor had medical 17 May, gave it two weeks phoned up ,after 2 hours trying to get through finally got in a queue,55 minutes later the person on the phone told me there was a six to eight week wait. Still waiting Webb says ban up can apply for licence ,every day on the phone same answer message ,if I do get through I am told they are very busy and can’t give me I time scale so what remission I got for doing the course is passing by .sorry to go on but getting really peed off with DVLA

hi all been reading a lot on this site my experience is banned for 23 months, on 2 december 2019. Did did course worked out date re apply as 25 5 2021, nothing in post ie d27 ,so on 1 3 2021 sent D1 with new photo £90.0 cheque waited for some acknowledgment nothing .Cheque cashed on the 18 March . On the website it said my ban would end8 May , 30 April letter arrived saying I would have to have medical with there doctor so contacted doctor had medical 17 May, gave it two weeks phoned up ,after 2 hours trying to get through finally got in a queue,55 minutes later the person on the phone told me there was a six to eight week wait. Still waiting Webb says ban up can apply for licence ,every day on the phone same answer message ,if I do get through I am told they are very busy and can’t give me I time scale so what remission I got for doing the course is passing by .sorry to go on but getting really peed off with DVLA
Hi Sapper. I have also been pouring over this site. My ban was supposed to end yesterday. I had the medical on 31 July. I had a response to my email saying that they couldn't discuss anything over email and that I should call. I've so far called 21 times today and just got automated message saying they're busy and try later. BEYOND FRUSTRATING because there is no one to complain to or get any info from. Totally agree about the point of doing the course dwindling day by day! I was banned on 01 Oct 2019. Re-applied 12 May 2021 (having done the course). Received letter re having a medical on 01 July. Had medical on 31 July. Now is just a waiting game I guess...

Hi Sapper. I have also been pouring over this site. My ban was supposed to end yesterday. I had the medical on 31 July. I had a response to my email saying that they couldn't discuss anything over email and that I should call. I've so far called 21 times today and just got automated message saying they're busy and try later. BEYOND FRUSTRATING because there is no one to complain to or get any info from. Totally agree about the point of doing the course dwindling day by day! I was banned on 01 Oct 2019. Re-applied 12 May 2021 (having done the course). Received letter re having a medical on 01 July. Had medical on 31 July. Now is just a waiting game I guess...
Hi I’m in the same situation. Sent my d1 form off 90 days before which was 15th may. I received my medical referral form on 28th June. Nearest medical appointment I could get was yesterday, 10th august. And my ban is in fact up today but am expecting atleast a 3 week wait until I get license as informed by the doctor I saw yesterday. Hope this helps anyone with timeframes. Not long to go now, near the end of a very horrid nightmare

Hi I’m in the same situation. Sent my d1 form off 90 days before which was 15th may. I received my medical referral form on 28th June. Nearest medical appointment I could get was yesterday, 10th august. And my ban is in fact up today but am expecting atleast a 3 week wait until I get license as informed by the doctor I saw yesterday. Hope this helps anyone with timeframes. Not long to go now, near the end of a very horrid nightmare
I also had my medical yesterday, and was told the same "up to 3 weeks" for licence to arrive, made me feel really hopeful!

Hopefully, will all be over soon

Afternoon

The two biggest hurdles to tackle in the DVLA medical process are -

- Getting you HRO medical booked in with a DVLA approved doctor.

- Ensuring your own GP responds to the DVLA correspondence within a reasonable time frame.

The last one is quite significant - GP's are given 4/6 weeks to return their medical form to Swansea, so it's imperative you chase up the GP and ensure they have returned it sooner rather than later.

CJ

Afternoon

- Ensuring your own GP responds to the DVLA correspondence within a reasonable time frame.

The last one is quite significant - GP's are given 4/6 weeks to return their medical form to Swansea, so it's imperative you chase up the GP and ensure they have returned it sooner rather than later.

CJ
Thanks for this CJ. How do I know if they have written to my GP? Will they also write to me? I had my medical on 31 July.

Afternoon

CJ
It is worse than that! It used to be that GP’s were given 6 weeks to return the forms before DVLA chased them. That is now 12 weeks, due to Covid.

Did you refuse to provide a specimen or blow.? I did the same. So what your saying becaise of that they will definately contact my GP as well?
Refused to give a sample.
They almost always contact your doctor if hro.
The dvla letter to me is very matter of fact about that.
Less clear about what happens next.
My ban ran out October 2020.

It is worse than that! It used to be that GP’s were given 6 weeks to return the forms before DVLA chased them. That is now 12 weeks, due to Covid.

Price1367

I learned the hard way and only found out about the GP's timescale thanks to yourself.

I recall having a telephone conversation with my GP one Friday afternoon last December, when they wanted to clarify some points on the DVLA medical form. I was under the impression that the GP would forward the paperwork back to Swansea the following week.

Fast forward a few weeks to January, and I find out the same medical form is still in the GP's correspondence tray and is holding up the medical process, therefore delaying me getting back on the road!!!!

Its a very important point to emphasise - GP's are very busy people - but for anyone reading this - you need to ensure they return the medical form as soon as possible, otherwise you could be waiting months to get back on the road!!!!

CJ

Afternoon

CJ
The doctor that I had the medical with yesterday said that it’s very unlikely they would need to speak to my GP due to everything being normal. I have no history of alcohol abuse, hardly drink anyway and even less now due to it making me realise and it all just being one silly mistake. I hope that is the case as dreading anything else slowing up the process

For anybody interested: I was banned in Dec 19, classed as HRO as just over the threshold. got 2 years but 6 months off for the completed dd awareness course. Applied for licence 90 days before the end of ban, got a form for the medical, sent off a cheque and they got in touch end of May. Medical booked in for a week after my ban ended on the 22nd June which I did on the 29th July. Doctor told me that up 4-6 weeks wait but everything seemed fine and nothng on my form would be a problem he thought (Healthy, never touch drugs apart from the odd paracetemol, I drink once a week but left it for 3 or 4 weeks prior to my medical so doubtful the CDT test would be poor, indeed, paid for a medichecks one a while back after abstaining for just 2 weeks and it was 0.9% so...). Anyway, called DVLA 2 weeks back and got through within half hour and then put me through to the medical side of things. Told them I have a driving job lined up with a pal for mid August, any news? Told was 'in the system and shouldn't be long.'. 6 weeks up two days back and been trying the phone galore but no joy getting through. Total pain and doubt my pal will hold on much longer from mid Aug to give me some much needed work so 7 weeks after my licence due back I won't have it at a guess and I'll be up poo creek without a paddle. Still, my fault I'm in this mess anyway so whatever will be will be I suppose but just wish the DVLA would bloody hurry up!!

For anybody interested: I was banned in Dec 19, classed as HRO as just over the threshold. got 2 years but 6 months off for the completed dd awareness course. Applied for licence 90 days before the end of ban, got a form for the medical, sent off a cheque and they got in touch end of May. Medical booked in for a week after my ban ended on the 22nd June which I did on the 29th July. Doctor told me that up 4-6 weeks wait but everything seemed fine and nothng on my form would be a problem he thought (Healthy, never touch drugs apart from the odd paracetemol, I drink once a week but left it for 3 or 4 weeks prior to my medical so doubtful the CDT test would be poor, indeed, paid for a medichecks one a while back after abstaining for just 2 weeks and it was 0.9% so...). Anyway, called DVLA 2 weeks back and got through within half hour and then put me through to the medical side of things. Told them I have a driving job lined up with a pal for mid August, any news? Told was 'in the system and shouldn't be long.'. 6 weeks up two days back and been trying the phone galore but no joy getting through. Total pain and doubt my pal will hold on much longer from mid Aug to give me some much needed work so 7 weeks after my licence due back I won't have it at a guess and I'll be up poo creek without a paddle. Still, my fault I'm in this mess anyway so whatever will be will be I suppose but just wish the DVLA would bloody hurry up!!
Sorry, meant to say my medical was on the 29th June, not July!!

Hi, just been told I’ve got another medical questionnaire coming in the post (!!!!! when will it end!!) Just conscious of the scan on to the system wait times, does anyone know whether I can email my completed form back to avoid this, to the eftd email possibly?

Thanks for this CJ. How do I know if they have written to my GP? Will they also write to me? I had my medical on 31 July.
The DVLA will write to you if they wan
Hi, just been told I’ve got another medical questionnaire coming in the post (!!!!! when will it end!!) Just conscious of the scan on to the system wait times, does anyone know whether I can email my completed form back to avoid this, to the eftd email possibly?
I asked re that . You still have to wait for it to be scanned on , but it could save a little time .

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off