DVLA Medical - Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance

Jodiedenise

I am so angry today guys. Ban was up March 1st - had a DVLA medical beginning of March - they then wrote to doctors for further info - they received doctors reply and scanned on last week - now just received a letter saying I need ANOTHER DVLA medical! Surely this isn’t right? Thoughts??

price1367

TTC Group
I am so angry today guys. Ban was up March 1st - had a DVLA medical beginning of March - they then wrote to doctors for further info - they received doctors reply and scanned on last week - now just received a letter saying I need ANOTHER DVLA medical! Surely this isn’t right? Thoughts??
You have mentioned issues before with codeine, it may well be that DVLA want you to have a medical with one of their doctors to get a urine sample to check for codeine abuse. It is detectable in urine for longer than in blood, and anyway the blood sample you supplied would ONLY have been tested for the CDT element, not for drugs or even alcohol.

Jodiedenise

You have mentioned issues before with codeine, it may well be that DVLA want you to have a medical with one of their doctors to get a urine sample to check for codeine abuse. It is detectable in urine for longer than in blood, and anyway the blood sample you supplied would ONLY have been tested for the CDT element, not for drugs or even alcohol.
Yeah… I called them and you’re right, it’s to get a urine sample. God knows how long will be waiting for that

jenbordoire

Hey,

I received my letter to book my medical today (sent application 17th June), however they still haven’t cashed my cheque. Was just wondering if this is normal?

Reets

Following my medical I’m really not sure of timescales and when I should be bothering DVLA. Any advice?

Bulldogs

Following my medical I’m really not sure of timescales and when I should be bothering DVLA. Any advice?
I’d contact them after 4 weeks to check they have results/ report. It’s not « bothering » them .
I’d agree with Polly, I think 4 weeks is more than reasonable for you to give them a call just to check that they have the results of your bloods and have received the questionnaire. I know the waiting is torture! Good luck.

Reets

I’d agree with Polly, I think 4 weeks is more than reasonable for you to give them a call just to check that they have the results of your bloods and have received the questionnaire. I know the waiting is torture! Good luck.
Thanks Polly and Bull just don’t want to lose any time. I’m gutted I can’t take the kids anywhere this summer which I thought I’d be doing by now :( I really do get everyone’s frustration but we are all criminals so there we go !

Bulldogs

Thanks Polly and Bull just don’t want to lose any time. I’m gutted I can’t take the kids anywhere this summer which I thought I’d be doing by now :( I really do get everyone’s frustration but we are all criminals so there we go !
I truly understand. There’s no harm in giving them a call earlier than this of course - if you’re especially anxious, you can give them a call any time just to check they’ve received everything they need, but don’t be disappointed if the answer is ‘no’ before the four week mark. It’s a long slog, but when you have that licence in your hand it’s all worth it. Please don’t beat yourself up about your kids either, as a single Dad I’ve been there, done that. You’re doing your absolute best to fix your mistake and that is all that matters in the long run. You sound like a fantastic parent. Take care.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off