DVLA Medical - Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
That is good, because if you admitted to a couple of ‘blips’ then the clock would start again.
DVLA will look for evidence that you have abstained since your detox, rather than just accept your word.

That is good, because if you admitted to a couple of ‘blips’ then the clock would start again.
DVLA will look for evidence that you have abstained since your detox, rather than just accept your word.
Yeah I thought asmuch, nobody but myself knows that I’ve had a few drinks since my detox so if they contact the doctor im sure the last record regarding me drinking is from the Detox itself in Feb 20. I’m still hoping they don’t contact my doctor so I don’t have to wait any longer but I’m trying to be realistic here haha

Yeah I thought asmuch, nobody but myself knows that I’ve had a few drinks since my detox so if they contact the doctor im sure the last record regarding me drinking is from the Detox itself in Feb 20. I’m still hoping they don’t contact my doctor so I don’t have to wait any longer but I’m trying to be realistic here haha
Hi if you was honest about your detox then the DVLA will 100% contact your GP I myself had detox in 2019 and and said so on the form my GP was contacted

hi i am new to this forum , i am due to finish my ban in april ive applied for my licence and called the dvla for a progress on my licence to be told its with the medical team and i may need a medical. I am not a HRO and am a bit confussed why i would need the medical . has any one else had anything like this ??

hi i am new to this forum , i am due to finish my ban in april ive applied for my licence and called the dvla for a progress on my licence to be told its with the medical team and i may need a medical. I am not a HRO and am a bit confussed why i would need the medical . has any one else had anything like this ??
We’re you banned for drink/drug offence?

yes for 12 months did the course to get 3 months off
I’m going to leave this reply to somebody that knows a bit more about this specifically but it could be down to the amount you blew when you were pulled over. I think over a certain limit of intoxication can put you in the high risk category and you will need a medical before they issue license back to you

There must be more to this, DVLA would not require a medical for a low reading first time offence.
where are you in the UK, what was your reading in blood / breath and were you involved n a collision?
Do you have any past issues that could have come to the notice of DVLA?

I went for my blood test on the 10th feb 21 to get told my bloods were inconclusive so I needed to wait for a letter to re book my test, rebooked for 8th March but DVLA said in mean time would contact my doctors to spead up process while i await my new blood test result. I asked them oh I thought you only did if something was with blood and DVLA told me they always check with high risk offenders doctors. I had my call with the doctors Friday just gone (19th March) because they lost my paperwork I had to ring DVLA to fax/email it through to my GP surgery again who them emailed and posted questionnaire back to DVLA. Still awaiting results....

“They always check with high risk offenders doctors” not strictly true ... you had two drink drive offences in 3 months though, so they certainly always check in those circumstances!

You will not have seen on here that they do not check with a GP when there is 2 convictions in 3 months. They certainly would.
They may well have meant that they check with every HRO’s GP in those circumstances, but anyway you cannot complain about them checking, and they are doing it in a way to speed up the process.

Well, I have a feeling they will definitely check with my GP after being honest and saying I was once dependant on alcohol and also that I’ve had a detox. I also have 2 IN10’s and 2 BA10’s on my license all within a month of the DR30 and even though that was my first alcohol related offence I just have a feeling they would have checked with my GP so that’s why I was honest

There must be more to this, DVLA would not require a medical for a low reading first time offence.
where are you in the UK, what was your reading in blood / breath and were you involved n a collision?
Do you have any past issues that could have come to the notice of DVLA?
It was my 1st offence mine was blood no collision and no past issues trying to get answers from the DVLA but this is proving to be a mission

It was my 1st offence mine was blood no collision and no past issues trying to get answers from the DVLA but this is proving to be a mission
Trying to tease information here so you can be given advice/knowledge..... What was your blood reading when you were charged? Where in the UK were you convicted? What was the offence code (DR10, DR30, DG10 etc...) How long had you had a licence for before you were caught?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off