DVLA Medical - Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
I have just called DVLA- they said my form had been passed to the medical team when I called two weeks ago, then today when I spoke to them after a 40 minute wait the person said she had just passed it through now and not to bother calling back for a couple of weeks as it was unlikely anything will change soon. My ban is up at the beginning of January and would really like to get this sorted, it’s so frustrating. Please does anyone have any good news/messages of hope? It feels like my life is on hold.
If this is your application form and you are HRO, then sorry, the news is not good in the sense that you will not get your licence back in January. You have still to go through your Medical, then they will probably write to your GP, and this all takes time.

I applied on the 15th July 2021 and received my licence back on 10th February 2022 for a ban that expired on 12th October 2021.

But I would keep calling because, as you have discovered, they are 'economical with the truth.'

Hi it usually takes 2/3 weeks to get the medical letter. Then you book it then after the medical add another 1/6 weeks, to get your results it’s 10 working days to 30 days. Then if they need to contact your gp add another 30 days to get it filled in sent back and scanned. Then they wanted another medical so that was 2/3 weeks for appointment then, 20 days. Make sure your fees are correct as this added another 20 days to my wait after passing my medicals.
5th may medical
28th may letter writing to gp
July got letter saying I needed another medical for urine
July 25th medical
August 14th had letter saying I sent 65 instead of 95 so I had to send the extra 20 by post
It took 3 weeks for them to receive it and scan it on
September I had my license back.
My ban was up in April.
This forum was a great help any questions on your medical I would be more than willing to advise you what I went through as you feel helpless. This process is long and though.
Why would they need a urine check?
Have you told you GP or DVLA that you take drugs or smoke cannabis?

They finally received my blood results! Now the real waiting begins...can see me checking my licence online hourly for the next few weeks lol
They've written to my GP. Sent a letter yesterday apparently so now I have another wait now!
It's because I ticked yes to mental health in last 3 years. (I had depression and anxiety during my abusive marriage) since leaving said marriage I don't feel depressed anymore.. I'm hoping this doesn't take forever. Can anyone tell me how long this part took?

They've written to my GP. Sent a letter yesterday apparently so now I have another wait now!
It's because I ticked yes to mental health in last 3 years. (I had depression and anxiety during my abusive marriage) since leaving said marriage I don't feel depressed anymore.. I'm hoping this doesn't take forever. Can anyone tell me how long this part took?
Hi for me it took my doctor a week to fill the form in n send back to dvla but i chased him up to do it, doctor's can have up to 3mths to fill the form in so I'd def chase it if i were you. Then it's back to dvla to scan onto system, dvla doctor to review etc. It took around 6weeks that part. Hopefully it's better then it was in the summer lol.

Hi for me it took my doctor a week to fill the form in n send back to dvla but i chased him up to do it, doctor's can have up to 3mths to fill the form in so I'd def chase it if i were you. Then it's back to dvla to scan onto system, dvla doctor to review etc. It took around 6weeks that part. Hopefully it's better then it was in the summer lol.
Oh god that's just ridiculous! I'm going to call them Saturday and try and speak to a doctor and see if they've received it. I feel like this is never ending.

Oh god that's just ridiculous! I'm going to call them Saturday and try and speak to a doctor and see if they've received it. I feel like this is never ending.
I think they have 30 days to complete the form they send out.. but then its 10 for the DVLA to scan it on, then after that they are unable to gove you a timescale! Not sure how they measure how well they are doing..

Missbee you sound like me. I was on antidepressants thanks to my abusive ex husband and the legacy of anxiety he left me with. I’ve not taken them since May though after reading this forum. So I just put up with it. It’s sad that once we are demonised for one mistake (which I would never make again) it makes us too afraid to seek legitimate medical help for something completely unrelated in case it is wrongly used against us. If nobody with anxiety drove there would be so few cars on the road it would put an end to climate change!

Hopeful2022

My GP received the medical paperwork 6 months ago and they still haven't completed it. Because they have not done anything with it yet - this is what is holding everything up and stopping me from attending my next DVLA medical.

CJ

Hopeful2022

My GP received the medical paperwork 6 months ago and they still haven't completed it. Because they have not done anything with it yet - this is what is holding everything up and stopping me from attending my next DVLA medical.

CJ
Can you not request a face to face appt that's absolutely ridiculous isn't it!!.

This whole thing is really driving me crazy. I served my ban and got my license back last November after doing a medical. The license was just for one year.

Medical form arrives 20th September (47 days before my license expired not the 90 required)

11 weeks have passed and I have not received any information on booking a medical.

They have my information and I received a letter confirming that upon my request.

My insurance runs out in 5 weeks and I am worried I won’t be able to get reinsured under section 88. If that happens I will have to drop out of my teacher training course as it is 25 miles away each way.

The DVLA are useless. I have worked hard to get sober and turn my life around and things are just not operating in any manner that is acceptable.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off