DVLA Medical - Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
Just to let you all know am well happy with my insurance,, £613 fully comp and roadside cover 🤩
Amaing!! Congratulations I bet that feeling behind the wheel again is IMMENSE!!
I was looking at insurance today to hypothetically start when my ban ends on a new car I have my eye on and it was £481 fully comp, courtesy car ect and no black box! I was fully expecting like £900 or something. Pleasently surprised!

Amaing!! Congratulations I bet that feeling behind the wheel again is IMMENSE!!
I was looking at insurance today to hypothetically start when my ban ends on a new car I have my eye on and it was £481 fully comp, courtesy car ect and no black box! I was fully expecting like £900 or something. Pleasently surprised!
I do have a 2ltr comvertible so I was expecting way more than that,, haven't driven yet,, going to today,, so paranoid cause I did have a bottle of wine sat eve to celebrate and I know the breathylizer will be fine after 10hrs but I'm too paranoid to ever chance it again

I do have a 2ltr comvertible so I was expecting way more than that,, haven't driven yet,, going to today,, so paranoid cause I did have a bottle of wine sat eve to celebrate and I know the breathylizer will be fine after 10hrs but I'm too paranoid to ever chance it again
Also that's incredibly cheap, what car was that for

Also that's incredibly cheap, what car was that for
I'll be exactly like you. I'm planning on buying an at home breathalyzer just to be on the safe side.

It was for a 2018 2.2ltr diesel Mazda CX5 4wd SUV 🤯🤯 hence why I expected like £900 lol. Like I said, pleasantly surprised!!

So a bit of an update - application sent March 22, logged onto system 6th April.

I called DVLA again this morning - they said they received an email from my MP on July 7th (even though it was sent on July 1st!).

My application has been logged as a priority with Medical Team so hopefully that should speed things up.

Update on my application. Banned 12 months due to failing to provide. 19 May 22 ban ended.

Sent application off 20 February to apply for licence back with £90

Response back from DVLA early April 2022 advising to book medical with one of their doctors they had assigned me too

Could not get a medical until 17 June 2022 which I have had and answered no to all the main questions truthfully and advised them I only drink once or twice a month maximum. And no more than1 bottle of wine.

22 June DVLA scanned my blood results and questionnaire onto the system

Today 14 July 2022. Constantly chasing the medical department at DVLA and keep getting told that their is no further update at the moment as no one has even looked at my results. They say they have a backlog and they cannot say when.

This is frustrating to say the least. Is anyone else in the same situation as me?

Update on my application. Banned 12 months due to failing to provide. 19 May 22 ban ended.

Sent application off 20 February to apply for licence back with £90

Response back from DVLA early April 2022 advising to book medical with one of their doctors they had assigned me too

Could not get a medical until 17 June 2022 which I have had and answered no to all the main questions truthfully and advised them I only drink once or twice a month maximum. And no more than1 bottle of wine.

22 June DVLA scanned my blood results and questionnaire onto the system

Today 14 July 2022. Constantly chasing the medical department at DVLA and keep getting told that their is no further update at the moment as no one has even looked at my results. They say they have a backlog and they cannot say when.

This is frustrating to say the least. Is anyone else in the same situation as me?
Yep I had the fobbing off back log thing and they couldn't give a timescale.. Finally after 6months when my ban finished I ranted my case down the phone and 3days later license issued and I've heard this response a few times,, so worth ranting (being polite with it I think) 😜

Yep I had the fobbing off back log thing and they couldn't give a timescale.. Finally after 6months when my ban finished I ranted my case down the phone and 3days later license issued and I've heard this response a few times,, so worth ranting (being polite with it I think) 😜
Thank you. Today I’ve told them I will complain next. They have given me details on the complaints process. So I’ve emailed the medical department directly also to see if that helps. Glad your all sorted now with your licence.

Thank you. Today I’ve told them I will complain next. They have given me details on the complaints process. So I’ve emailed the medical department directly also to see if that helps. Glad your all sorted now with your licence.
Best of luck,, I sat quiet for too long..

A chap called Tim Burton (not the Batman or Beetlejuice director!) is or was a manager in the DVLA Medical Team at Swansea.

If you search through this forum, you might find his e-mail address listed. A few people have been able to get some progress with their application(s) when they e-mail him.

CJ

I sent my application on 24th February 2022.
I got a medical letter on April 2022 from DVLA to book an appointment. I booked it for 9th June 2022 that was the latest one I got to book, and No to all questions.
I got my full licence in one week ‘16 June 2022. I was shocked and didn’t believe for a mins cause I didn’t expect to get that quick considering some peoples are waiting for weeks and weeks to get licence even after their medicals done.
I don’t get it why some people are getting slow process and some are not. The thing is that I didn’t even make one call to DVLA.

Last edited:
Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off