DVLA Medical - Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance

DD123456

If my 1 year license runs out in September and I was banned in 2019 ( license back in 2021) can I still drive under s.88 if my medical is delayed?

Tdubs

Absolutely gobsmacked and delighted today...

I had my medical 8 days ago, I've just checked online and as of tomorrow I'll be the proud owner of a Full 10 Year Driving License.

What's shocked me most is how perfectly the timing has worked out.

My 33 month ban expires TODAY so I won't have to suffer the dreaded extension caused by the backlogs of the DVLA.

I was expecting weeks if not months to be bolted onto the end of a ban that's already felt like forever.

Thank you so much to all the help and support from everyone on this fantastic forum.

Although I've now got my licence back I intend to remain an active participant of this group to help others like so many have helped me.

It's been a marathon undertaking all this waiting and worrying, but like any undertaking - it's worth it in the end.

Best of luck to everyone

Last edited:

Samilewi

Absolutely gobsmacked and delighted today...

I had my medical 8 days ago, I've just checked online and as of tomorrow I'll be the proud owner of a Full 10 Year Driving License.

What's shocked me most is how perfectly the timing has worked out.

My 33 month ban expires TODAY so I won't have to suffer the dreaded extension caused by the backlogs of the DVLA.

I was expecting weeks if not months to be bolted onto the end of a ban that's already felt like forever.

Thank you so much to all the help and support from everyone on this fantastic forum.

Although I've now got my licence back I intend to remain an active participant of this group to help others like so many have helped me.

It's been a marathon undertaking all this waiting and worrying, but like any undertaking - it's worth it in the end.

Best of luck to everyone
AMAZING!!! CONGRATULATIONS! Sooo happy for you!!
Can I ask if you answered yes to any of the questions?! Only one I have to answer to is mental health and honestly, when the time comes I feel I'm going to be waiting for weeks on end for my licence! Congrats again 😁😁

Tdubs

Luckily for me I was able to answer NO to all of the questions on the questionnaire. Although even if I had of the doctor said they're predominantly interested in alcohol related issues (so I would worry too much about mental health - much better just to be honest).

I decided to quit drinking at the time of my offence so it was almost 1000 days since my last alcoholic drink. I think the doctor was very impressed with that because he remarked that he didn't think there would be any reason I wouldn't get my licence back based on my commitment to not drinking.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off