DVLA Medical - Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
Back in April 2023 they did a full medical request from my GP, apparently unnecessarily. March 6th 2024 they have sent a further questionnaire to my GP.
Once the GP has got back, you should get your decision hopefully!

Always the longest part of the process that xxx

Hi all,

Just having a bit of a moan really….

I applied for an early removal of a disqualification which was granted to me on 29th Feb, nothing changed until I started moaning on the phone that I won’t get my HRO medical done in time for 6th April (when the courts said my disqualification ends), I sent a DR1 form with the correct money and postcode and yet I’m still waiting.

It’s been almost 2 weeks since I sent my application in and I’ve heard nothing, not a peep.

I’m starting to believe it’ll be may when my licence will probably be returned to me..

Does anyone else have any experience of the dvla just dragging their heels?

Much love

Hi all,

I applied for an early removal of a disqualification which was granted to me on 29th Feb, nothing changed until I started moaning on the phone that I won’t get my HRO medical done in time for 6th April (when the courts said my disqualification ends), I sent a DR1 form with the correct money and postcode and yet I’m still waiting.

It’s been almost 2 weeks since I sent my application in and I’ve heard nothing, not a peep.

I’m starting to believe it’ll be may when my licence will probably be returned to me..

Much love
From start of application to getting my license back today….. applied mid December for license back today! It’s the waiting game some quicker than others good luck 🙏

Hi all,

Much love
I started process mid October. Usually a 3 week wait between each step for me.

Still waiting for the license. I have done everything now, just awaiting the decision. (Or so I hope)

But ban was up 7th January so getting rather impatient.

Last edited:
Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off