DVLA Medical Questionnaire re drinking

Convicted Driver Insurance

Suzannah

Hello. I have my medical in a week and am wondering how honest to be on the initial questionnaire? I do not want to trigger enquiries with my Dr. I have been alc free for 5 months with 3-4 binges during that period. Any advice would be appreciated. Do I appear as a saint on the form?

Thanks

Hi Suzannah, you need to be as truthful as possible. If you put something misleading and it is uncovered later through further investigation it will cause no end of problems for you. You cannot guarantee that DVLA will not contact your GP, despite what you put on the questionnaire. It seems to be pretty random at the moment why people are getting GP referrals. You seem to want to not have a GP referral, does the GP have any information that is detrimental? As I say, if you put that you have not had even a sherry in the last 2 years then your GP confirms that you have had issues then the DVLA will investigate further and this could delay your licence return.

Hi Suzannah, you need to be as truthful as possible. If you put something misleading and it is uncovered later through further investigation it will cause no end of problems for you. You cannot guarantee that DVLA will not contact your GP, despite what you put on the questionnaire. It seems to be pretty random at the moment why people are getting GP referrals. You seem to want to not have a GP referral, does the GP have any information that is detrimental? As I say, if you put that you have not had even a sherry in the last 2 years then your GP confirms that you have had issues then the DVLA will investigate further and this could delay your licence return.
Thankyou for your reply

Thankyou for your reply
After many a phone call to dvla after submitting my application, and ticking yes to previous misuse and mental health issues (mild anxiety) the dvla are writing to my gp before offering me a medical, I'm hoping my gp answers will enable me to take the medical,of which I'm sure I will pass,so my application is kind of topsy turvy, I do have recent bloodwork results and other medical evidence to support my application, fingers crossed!!

Does anyone know if the DVLA Dr will confirm at the appointment whether they would recommend the DVLA contacts your own doctor? Thanks

No, the DVLA doctor just carries out the medical and submits the questionnaire for the medical
advisory panel to consider at DVLA. The medical panel decide if they need further information from anyone else.

No, the DVLA doctor just carries out the medical and submits the questionnaire for the medical
advisory panel to consider at DVLA. The medical panel decide if they need further information from anyone else.
Thanks for your reply. Just wondering what element of the medical form would trigger the DVLA to contact your Dr, if you pass the CDT test. Thx

I also don’t know if I should admit to depression and anxiety history it is all behind me and I think it’s unfair for them to judge my ability to drive now on something I have no defeated with great effort and courage.

Thanks for your reply. Just wondering what element of the medical form would trigger the DVLA to contact your Dr, if you pass the CDT test. Thx
There does not seem to be exact triggers at the moment. Reading peoples experiences on here, they seem to be random at the moment so expect that they WILL contact your GP. If you say that you don't have any mental health issues and they do contact your GP who says you do, this is not helpful to you as they will presume all info you supplied is suspect.

There does not seem to be exact triggers at the moment. Reading peoples experiences on here, they seem to be random at the moment so expect that they WILL contact your GP. If you say that you don't have any mental health issues and they do contact your GP who says you do, this is not helpful to you as they will presume all info you supplied is suspect.
Honesty it is then and I will hope that honesty pays off.

General question sorry if off topic

Looking for some general advice of reassurance without judgement - please remember drinking isn’t illegal but drink driving is - I Just want some advice.

basically I’ve moved house and I didn’t go back to collect old post for a while and where I actually don’t drink everyday at all I go to the gym etc I have had two “ binging “ sessions of drinking in the last two weeks due to birthdays and celebrations. They were quite heavy drinking sessions.

My cdt test is in roughly 16 days OBVIOUSLY I won’t be drinking at all during this time but I’m seriously worried that my last two weekends of over indulging are going to affect the results , I have seen posts where people admit they had some binging sessions up to the test and passed.

i just hope 16 days will be enough, I have never been someone who drinks everyday and previous to my two weekends of drinking is I’d binge every other weekend.

i think I should be ok, I expect it will be a slightly higher reading but not reach the 2.1% if I abstain for the whole 16 days? What do people think? Am I being overly anxious and worried?????

after a backpacking once I mentioned shaking and the doctor said it was due to drinking too much hopefully that wouldn’t be noted and then once after a holiday I had a stomach ulcer what they put down to alcohol and spicy food, again I hope that isn’t something that puts the Dvla off me. I have some history of depression and Anti depressant intake however in the last year or more I’ve turned around my life but I stilll like anyone my age go o it for drinks on Saturday nights and probably drink A bit too much but I’m not a bar person. I’m hoping a few binge weekends won’t ruin it for me, I could possibly try and cancel and make an excuse to prolong my time till the test?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off