DVLA Medical - Questionnaire Form

Convicted Driver Insurance

Paula74

The court gave me my License back 6 months early. I've completed the form and sent it with a postal order to the DVLA which they received on the 16th May. I'm waiting on a Medical Appointment from them I believe it will take 6-8 weeks could be much longer am not sure? The Medical questionnaire form am not sure what questions they will ask about my past. Basically my ex husband was taking me to court over custody of our boys and I thought it best to prove that am not normally a heavy drinker. However its no excuse but I was at the lowest point in my life. I referred myself to an 'Alcohol Service' and had 3 sessions and then was told I didn't need any sessions. I also paid for a CDT and a hair strand test as thought it would help me in court........it did. My CDT came back as 0.5% and my hair strand test came back negative. Do I have to mention that I referred myself to an Alcohol Service? Would that go against me? Should I mention my previous test CDT and hair strand test? Any advice will be most appreciated. Thank you.

The waiting time for medicals seems totally random. Mine took four months (grrrrr) but others have said received much sooner. It's my understanding that non DVLA tests are disregarded. Not sure about the self referral but sure others will advise.

The waiting time for medicals seems totally random. Mine took four months (grrrrr) but others have said received much sooner. It's my understanding that non DVLA tests are disregarded. Not sure about the self referral but sure others will advise.
Thank you for your reply.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off