Dvla medical please help am so worried!!!

Convicted Driver Insurance
Hello i went for a dvla high risk offender medical on thursday the 12th november, its now 20th november and i thought i would call them to see if theres any update, I hadnt drank for 16 weeks before this medical i am 27 years old , And the dvla have sent for additonal information from doctor what does this mean? Does this mean there is something wrong with my results? As in usuall like a illness or something, its making me very worried cannot help panicking basically just had a panic attack worrying thinking what if they have found something wrong with my blood Please help

I am guessing my range has fallen between the 2.2% and 2.9% as asking for further information from the doctor, As the dvla person said if was really high would be rejected straight away, i just worry why they are asking for further information when i havent drank for 16 weeks prior to the test , i am only 27 and i am overweight but other than that i feel fit and healthy

I am guessing my range has fallen between the 2.2% and 2.9% as asking for further information from the doctor, As the dvla person said if was really high would be rejected straight away, i just worry why they are asking for further information when i havent drank for 16 weeks prior to the test , i am only 27 and i am overweight but other than that i feel fit and healthy

Hi

When you completed the questionnaire did you put you had ever been too your doctors about alcohol problems or had detox? If not it does seem looking at some old threads they must just contact your gp as a matter of course. 16 weeks complete abstinence should see your cdt levels low based on other threads on this forum

Hi no, on the questionnaire all i said was i misused alcohol in the past 3 years , and yes had a accident while drunk , I am only 27 years old slightly overweight but feel fit and healthy my only health problem i have got is i suffer from anxiety mainly health anxiety hence why this is such a massive thing to me to be requesting more information after such a long break from drink, It makes me panic and worry thinking i have some undiagnoised illness or something they picked up, I hate it so much :( i saw a post like the one i have posted ( http://www.forum.drinkdriving.org/general-discussion/70934.htm) but shame there is no update of what happend or anything i am a wreck this has ruined my weekend but then im trying to think logically aswel like the dvla man said if it was really high would be rejected so need to think positive that its progressing

Hi no, on the questionnaire all i said was i misused alcohol in the past 3 years , and yes had a accident while drunk , I am only 27 years old slightly overweight but feel fit and healthy my only health problem i have got is i suffer from anxiety mainly health anxiety hence why this is such a massive thing to me to be requesting more information after such a long break from drink, It makes me panic and worry thinking i have some undiagnoised illness or something they picked up, I hate it so much :( i saw a post like the one i have posted ( http://www.forum.drinkdriving.org/general-discussion/70934.htm) but shame there is no update of what happend or anything i am a wreck this has ruined my weekend but then im trying to think logically aswel like the dvla man said if it was really high would be rejected so need to think positive that its progressing

Postivity is definitely the way to go. Over a certain percentage is a definite fail so they would have told you I am sure. I start the process for mine next month and have had issues in the past that I will have to declare. I am currently on week 4 of complete abstinance so by the time mine happens should be about the same time. I am seeing my doctor beforehand to see if she is happy with my progress so that when they do write I hopefully get a good report. Millie on here had a private cdt and after being a heavy drinker and abstaining for a month her cdt level was low. Keep positive and hopefully good news is just round the corner.

Thank you, I know its silly worrying but its just because of the 16 week break anyway i will update once i get news hopefully they will just ask the doctor if had any problems related to alcohol or whatever which i havent i have only ever been to the doctor a few times to do with anxiety and silly things like tonsilitus and stuff so hopefully I get it back soon thank you

Thank you, I know its silly worrying but its just because of the 16 week break anyway i will update once i get news hopefully they will just ask the doctor if had any problems related to alcohol or whatever which i havent i have only ever been to the doctor a few times to do with anxiety and silly things like tonsilitus and stuff so hopefully I get it back soon thank you

I wish you the best of luck. It is dragging now for me and the days are just not going fast enough

Go and see my post here: http://www.forum.drinkdriving.org/general-discussion/74967.htm

I'm 34 and a big drinker, I abstained for 1.5 weeks before having a CDT test from my own GP which came back at 1.4%. I also drank heavily 3 weeks before the DVLA medical and I still got my license back they didn't contact my GP or anything just sent it back within 2 weeks. The only difference I can see between mine and yours experience is that you said you had an accident whilst drunk and had been a heavy drinker to the questionnaire. I would imagine your CDT levels would be absolutely fine after that amount of time off drink and the only reason for them contacting your GP was because of the aforementioned answers to the questions.

Don't worry man, hopefully it will soon come back positive and you can get your license back and put it all behind you and move on.

Thanks bro thats what i hope thats its just because i marked that i had misused alcohol in past 3 years, and that i had a accident because of drink, I do feel fine other than all this worry of thinking what if something is up with results but i hope not , and surely if was something wrong would be a high result and would say rejected not asking for further information, so must be a green or amber, i guess, I have never ever been to the doctors regarding alcohol so hopefully if its just questions they require and can say no no problem and give it back, I just want it over with now i am a bit of a coward and going through medicals and stuff isnt for me makes me scared lol so i just hope all is ok, i wish i never drank drove never again i can tell you that for now this has been a massive wake up call for me , and will never ever drink drive again i REALLY HOPE I GET FULL LICENCE BACK NOT A TEMP 1 year or 3 year one lol

Well after a weekend of worrying and feeling very depressed, I recieved the letter in the post regarding the contacting the gp for more information and i decided to call the dvla, and spoke to a nice older man this time , and he advised me that just a questionair had been sent to the gp and if he sends back via fax then a decision can be made in 4 days time, So this has made a massive load of my mind after thinking i have some secret illness or something, but he said he cannot tell me what my results was as he dont have them as only the medical team do, But he said its very common to have a questionair sent to the gp and not to worry, So i contacted my gp and if its recieved tomorrow then it will be sent of tomorrow via fax for me, So fingers crossed i have a good result as i have never been to the gp for any alcohol issues , So got my fingers crossed and toes will keep updated

Ok i finally have my licence back full licence i am so happy and will never drink drive ever again ever , such a big lesson learnt,

Thanks guys

Thanks for letting us know, positive result and quite quick as well! Posters usually come back only to report the delays so it is good to hear that the process runs smoothly some of the time.

No problem i thought i would update as i did find that a little annoying once there was similar sort of posts but no updates, I will also keep my email notifications on in case anybody needs to ask any advice from this whole experience, Just to confirm to everybody

I got caught drink driving September 7th 2013 blew 108mg of breath,

I was banned 1st October 2013 for 3 years (2nd offense ) And 10 weeks on electronic tag,

I Sorted out a appointment at court on 20th October 2015 with my solicitor , went to court at the 2 year point earliest point of removal and appealed to have my ban reduced, I got it back that day,

12th of November i received a letter saying i needed to attend medical and had nearest dvla GP i called them and got a appointment the same day at 2pm, I then called the dvla 8 days later on the 21st just to try my luck and then they said they had received the results back and information and they requesting more information from my GP ( WHICH WAS A QUESTIONNAIRE FOR MY GP TO FILL IN ), I am guessing its because i marked on the questionair that i misused alcohol in past 3 years, Or that i had a accident because of alcohol I didn't touch a drop of beer for 16 weeks prior to the medical so it must of been that, The dvla apparently sent a letter to my gp that never received so lucky i got the dvla to fax a copy to my doctors which then sent it back friday november 27th and then today i call dvla and i have my full license back and its on the way to me so TODAY I HAVE BEEN DRIVING AND ITS BEEN FANTASTIC INSURANCE IS A BIT HIGH BUT LIVE AND LEARN AND I SUGGEST TO ANYBODY TO NOT RISK IT ITS NOT WORTH IT SUCH A LOT OF HASSLE , :)

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off