DVLA Medical High Risk Offender Licence Application Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
It really is a pit of destruction if anything happens 6 years prior. And the problem is we don't intend to drink drive. Case of shit happens. Yes we messed up in the one moment in time but should something we said 4 or 5 years ago to our gp effect getting our license back. I was risky paranoid because I had spoken to an addiction group suggested to me by my doctor 3 days after my arrest to make me look good in court. That could have seriously back fired on me with the dvla.

It really is a pit of destruction if anything happens 6 years prior. And the problem is we don't intend to drink drive. Case of shit happens. Yes we messed up in the one moment in time but should something we said 4 or 5 years ago to our gp effect getting our license back. I was risky paranoid because I had spoken to an addiction group suggested to me by my doctor 3 days after my arrest to make me look good in court. That could have seriously back fired on me with the dvla. You can not win
I have suspected alcohol dependency/misuse on my medical report from 6 years ago. I have tried to have it removed. But they refuse as they say its "fact" how on earth can anything be fact if its only suspected? They would need to do some tests to ascertain if there has been any signs if organ damage etc. I have LFT tests for the last 6 years. About 15 of them in total and only twice has my liver function produced a raised result. They were both during a bout if severe covid where I was hospitalised for 5 days. Then a month later it normalised. So there's actually no physical or medical proof that I was dependant. For me, it's bordering on slanderous or defamatory. But they will not remove it. All they can do, is add a note on my file that I absolutely refute the suspicion of dependency or misuse.

unreal this really.....

im HRO
blew 131
crashed
on anti depresants
classed as dependant ( went to docs during a split up and asked for help as i was binge drinking at weekends only) he put i was dependant
licence refused last year as i didnt know i had to abstain (wasnt on this forum then)
all in all banned for 3 years 7 months
doctor held onto my medical questionaire for 5 weeks( supposed to send it back within a month)
phoned her and asked if she had sent it... no was the reply. she apologised lots for not doing it
asked when my last drink was... i said 18 months ago. fine she said and asked the date!! so i told her
went to medical on the 10th august
checked on the DVLA site tonight and a 1 year license approved

AT THE MEDICAL

went in...asked if i was classed as dependant, on medication and did i have a crash due to alcohol
asked to lie on the bed.... needle in to take bloods
on the way out i asked about the questions and if there was anything untoward. she said no. pass your CDT and you will be ok
7 minutes from sitting down to walking out
I didnt get asked anything about proof of abstinance for a year despite being refused last year

there is absolutely no continuity to how they grant the licence

i dont know and dont care what my CDT was!! although im curious for lots of reasons!

the stress of all this waiting all the time is terrible

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

unreal this really.....

im HRO
blew 131
crashed
on anti depresants
classed as dependant ( went to docs during a split up and asked for help as i was binge drinking at weekends only) he put i was dependant
licence refused last year as i didnt know i had to abstain (wasnt on this forum then)
all in all banned for 3 years 7 months
doctor held onto my medical questionaire for 5 weeks( supposed to send it back within a month)
phoned her and asked if she had sent it... no was the reply. she apologised lots for not doing it
asked when my last drink was... i said 18 months ago. fine she said and asked the date!! so i told her
went to medical on the 10th august
checked on the DVLA site tonight and a 1 year license approved

AT THE MEDICAL

went in...asked if i was classed as dependant, on medication and did i have a crash due to alcohol
asked to lie on the bed.... needle in to take bloods
on the way out i asked about the questions and if there was anything untoward. she said no. pass your CDT and you will be ok
7 minutes from sitting down to walking out
I didnt get asked anything about proof of abstinance for a year despite being refused last year

there is absolutely no continuity to how they grant the licence

i dont know and dont care what my CDT was!! although im curious for lots of reasons!

the stress of all this waiting all the time is terrible

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE
So your GP sent your questionnaire back to the DVLA on 10th august? Is that what you mean? And you got your licence back 9 days later??!

So your GP sent your questionnaire back to the DVLA on 10th august? Is that what you mean? And you got your licence back 9 days later??!
no its taken in total from sending the form off initially to getting my license back, around 6 months

the 9 days was from my medical to getting the license decision

no its taken in total from sending the form off initially to getting my license back, around 6 months

the 9 days was from my medical to getting the license decision
Yes that what I meant - 9 days for a decision from them sending it off to the dvla. You must have been so frustrated with your GP keeping it all that time.... But it's actually a good turnaround for the dvla to make a decision in just 9 days. I bet you were shocked to see that! Hope I'm next! Happy driving ❤️

Does anybody know how much a medical is please? I've just sent the £90 to dvla but can't find anywhere with the cost of the medical. Thanks in advance.

Does anybody know how much a medical is please? I've just sent the £90 to dvla but can't find anywhere with the cost of the medical. Thanks in advance.
They will return that and ask to send the correct fee which will slow down the process. Might be worth ringing them and see if you can send the difference.

£90 is correct when you apply for your licence if you are a HRO. I think OP has sent the correct amount off to the DVLA and was just asking what the amount is when they come to do their medical.
Yes, there are 2 separate fees. You pay the £90 directly to the DVLA when you apply for your licence back. The other fee is paid directly to the Doctors practice where you have your medical. The DVLA will write to you (eventually,) telling you where to go and when to book. When you phone up, they should tell you how much it costs.

You should receive a letter from DVLA confirming where and by whom your medical will take place. You have 12 weeks to agree a mutually convenient time/date and the fee £98.50 (was in 2021), is payable to the medical practice. Best to take cash as not all accept cards.

You should receive a letter from DVLA confirming where and by whom your medical will take place. You have 12 weeks to agree a mutually convenient time/date and the fee £98.50 (was in 2021), is payable to the medical practice. Best to take cash as not all accept cards.
That's great, thank you very much.

Mate make sure you pay the right fee phone the dvla. It took 9 month for me to get through the medical then another month as I had to pay an extra fee. As I sent the wrong fee

Ive got a letter today from DVLA saying they will pay for it, its my first ever medical and CDT test. I had a record as alcohol dependancy and license revoked a year ago, dont know, maybe lucky me,

Ive got a letter today from DVLA saying they will pay for it, its my first ever medical and CDT test. I had a record as alcohol dependancy and license revoked a year ago, dont know, maybe lucky me,

You are not high risk Dq are you? I was falling to provide a specamin. After all the research I done around it. Have you been working with the doctors for 12 months mate? I was substance addicted they cdt and drug tested me.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off