DVLA Medical High Risk Offender Licence Application Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
It will be fine . There will be some system in place ( unusual for the DVLA !!!) whereby they get email or whatever from Dr confirming youve attended . Bloods will be advised when results get there from lab . You do right in progress chasing . Keep on the case .
Yeah
Just weird that I had my medical nearly two weeks ago and only yesterday they got confirmation I’ve attended a medical, nothing more 🙄

Yeah
Just weird that I had my medical nearly two weeks ago and only yesterday they got confirmation I’ve attended a medical, nothing more 🙄
The bloods usually arrive swiftly. What they said doesn’t mean they don’t have bloods but you could do with confirmation. Check again next week

I'm a little confused regarding my medical records. I've been with my current GP practice in England for over 3 years now. DVLA medical form asks the questions relating to the last 6 years in some cases. However my current GO practice only has the last 3 years, as my previous history is still held at Edinburgh records office for some reason. So, if DVLA contact my current gp and they cannot satisfy DVLA with my 3 year records. What will DVLA do next?

I'm a little confused regarding my medical records. I've been with my current GP practice in England for over 3 years now. DVLA medical form asks the questions relating to the last 6 years in some cases. However my current GO practice only has the last 3 years, as my previous history is still held at Edinburgh records office for some reason. So, if DVLA contact my current gp and they cannot satisfy DVLA with my 3 year records. What will DVLA do next?
There must be some way for your records to be put together . This apart , what if someone had a health issue where previous notes may inform treatment options ? It sounds bizarre that your notes weren’t just transferred over 🤔. If I moved I’d want my new GP to have all information available . With everything increasingly digitalised , you’d think something like this could be sorted . Ask your new GP .

There must be some way for your records to be put together . This apart , what if someone had a health issue where previous notes may inform treatment options ? It sounds bizarre that your notes weren’t just transferred over 🤔. If I moved I’d want my new GP to have all information available . With everything increasingly digitalised , you’d think something like this could be sorted . Ask your new GP .
It's mad, I put in a request to view my medical history for the last 6 years, thinking my current GP practice would have everything. They in formed me that they only had the last 3 years since I've joined. The other 3 years held in Edinburgh as I was in Scotland. I then asked to see my last 3 years, they said I'd have to sign a disclaimer and I'd get them within 3 months? My medical forms will be here any day from DVLA. I also have recently had an ultrasound as I have always had gastric problem's and discomfort. It revealed NAFLD which is non alcolic liver disease. Its caused by sedentary lifestyle and bad diet. All of that has changed, I've lost 4 stones in weight and run gym every day. But I have to answer yes to the question of "have you ever had liver disease" this is getting worse by the minute 😪

On my record, stated 6 years ago I was dependant or misused alcohol. 3 years ago, I crashed my car under the influence. And within the last month been diagnosed as having a minute amount of fat around my liver causes by my diet....however the level is 0 and completely reversible. However I've had liver function tests afterwards to prove my liver is performing perfectly well. However, I do feel the DVLA will write to my GP. The thing is, they only have the last three years, and neither the crash or alcohol dependency is on there, because that was in Scotland before I joined my new GP in England. So they would only be able to show DVLA the NAFLD non alcoholic fatty liver disease at level zero and has no baring on my liver health or function. Part of me wants to roll the dice, and hope they just go on the last three years, however if they prolong the process by contacting Scotland that will take an absolute age and I'd still be screwed

On my record, stated 6 years ago I was dependant or misused alcohol. 3 years ago, I crashed my car under the influence. And within the last month been diagnosed as having a minute amount of fat around my liver causes by my diet....however the level is 0 and completely reversible. However I've had liver function tests afterwards to prove my liver is performing perfectly well. However, I do feel the DVLA will write to my GP. The thing is, they only have the last three years, and neither the crash or alcohol dependency is on there, because that was in Scotland before I joined my new GP in England. So they would only be able to show DVLA the NAFLD non alcoholic fatty liver disease at level zero and has no baring on my liver health or function. Part of me wants to roll the dice, and hope they just go on the last three years, however if they prolong the process by contacting Scotland that will take an absolute age and I'd still be screwed
Sorry , I hadn’t picked up move from Scotland to England. Still , one would hope info could be appropriately shared / transferred .

That's my quandry, do I give them info they may not have access to, or keep my mouth shut
I see your dilemma, but the problem may be that if the DVLA enquire, and they cannot respond , the DVLA may enter into some drawn out enquiry , writing to you , wanting details of former GP etc . I can tell you for sure that when they write to GP they want to know re certain issues over preceding 6 years .

I see your dilemma, but the problem may be that if the DVLA enquire, and they cannot respond , the DVLA may enter into some drawn out enquiry , writing to you , wanting details of former GP etc . I can tell you for sure that when they write to GP they want to know re certain issues over preceding 6 years .
I guess its nit worth the risk, why wait nearly three years having done mostly everything right, only to do things wrong and suffer the consequences at the last hurdle

I wouldn't worry to much, my medical sounds exactly the same as yours but they also took my blood pressure. I had to answer yes to a car accident the same as you but no to the mental health question. Dr said will be 8 weeks until i hear anything but 15 days later my 10 year licence was issued and they didn't contact my GP.
Did you only answer yes to the accident question? That’s the one I’ll have to say yes to as well. But no to the rest. I havent had a drink in nearly 4 months so bloods will be fine. Just hoping they don’t contact my gp which will delay it even more.

So my timescale
1st of June applied for the licence
Roughly 6 weeks later got a letter for a medical
Booked medical for 30th of July
Was roughly 10 minutes long
Height and weight check, got prodded in the stomach, my eyes were checked, was asked questions regarding home situation and employment and obviously my bloods taken.
Answered no to every question apart from mental health and accident caused through drinking, that was on the day of my DD. Was told by dr I should hear something 6-8 weeks…seems very long so I’m assuming that’s because my dr will be contacted 🥺
Your circumstances pretty close to mine. I too had an accident the night I was charged, I blew 62mg but that was in Scotland so made it look even worse as their limit is lower than England. Also in 2016 I was described as being dependent or misusing alcohol. Which is bollocks actually. Also had some mental health issues in 2016 had citilopram for a short time. Then to top it all, I had an ultrasound recently that showed a small amount of fat on my liver NAFLD non alcoholic fatty liver disease. So nothing to do with alcohol, and affects 1 in 3 adults. Completely reversible with change of diet. And of no real issue as I was in the lowest bracket cat 0. Levels are 0 to 4.
4 being pretty bad. But the medical form only asks if you've had liver disease diagnosed, not what type or what level. So I'm definitely going to have a tough time.

But remember, if you didn't say about a drink and they contacted your gp anyway and saw you had dependancy on your records you'd have been in a lot more of a complicated matter now. As tough as it is you did the right thing by telling them.
I'm sorry to hear how hard its been for you though before the medical with your break up too x
How long do you have to abstain for, and let's say you return a score of 0.9 can they even tell when you had alcohol?

I wouldn't worry to much, my medical sounds exactly the same as yours but they also took my blood pressure. I had to answer yes to a car accident the same as you but no to the mental health question. Dr said will be 8 weeks until i hear anything but 15 days later my 10 year licence was issued and they didn't contact my GP.
Just been looking at the medical forms, it asks if you have suffered an accident because of alcohol, and lists several options including work and or an car accident etc. So unless they contact your GP and it's on your medical record (if you told your gp) which I stupidly did. Then they won't know if you cut your hand with a saw at work or crashed your car.

Just been looking at the medical forms, it asks if you have suffered an accident because of alcohol, and lists several options including work and or an car accident etc. So unless they contact your GP and it's on your medical record (if you told your gp) which I stupidly did. Then they won't know if you cut your hand with a saw at work or crashed your car.
Maybe . However if the accident was connected to the arrest / ban , maybe the DVLA have access to the police report ?? I was going to be honest anyway ( I’m superstitious about not telling the truth and no good at it 😂) but I did wonder “ could they find out anyway”?

Thats how I think
Well, I wasn't convicted of the RTA. There were 5 charges, and ad I said previously, my solicitor had three of them dropped so they could get the drink driving. One of the charges dropped was the RTA so it wasn't read out in court. However it is on my medical file. My point was, in replying to someone else's post, saying that he had ticked yes to the motoring offence. When on the form, it's doesn't ask specifically whether it was a motoring offence. Only "have you had an accident" then goes on to say....at your work or RTA whilst under the influence or as a result of your alcohol consumption. So unless they contact your GP, if you answer, then it could just be an accident? I'm answering yes anyway. Bit was just answering someone else's question lol

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off