DVLA Medical High Risk Offender Licence Application Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
The dr1v questionnaire at the medical has 6 questions relating to the last 6 years for alcohol. I can't see anywhere where 6 months is mentioned.

Sorry Polly, but i think you are missing the point here, not once in my DVLA medical was this so called 6 years mentioned ? what i had drank in the last 6 months was.......at the end of my dvla medical i asked the doctor how do you think i'll do, and he said if your blood test meets the criteria you will pass with flying colours,(and i did and i'm 59) and he showed me he had ticked "no further enquires nessacary(spell checking police just check that) i don't like to say this but you are scaremongering at best here
I had my medical last week - several questions asked about my relationship to alcohol over the last 6 years. So yes, in my experience, the 6 year time frame is very much applicable.

Good for you, but this is not the medical form used on dvla medicals, you are looking at something that is completely different, i would never dream of calling you stupid, but i imagine others would........................
Just to clarify this, if you go for your dvla medical, you are not I REPEAT NOT asked what you have drank in the last 6 years, to be honest who could answer such a ridiculous question ? .....scaremongering at it's worst

I had my medical last week - several questions asked about my relationship to alcohol over the last 6 years. So yes, in my experience, the 6 year time frame is very much applicable.
So you had all the answers to the 6 year time frame ?

So you had all the answers to the 6 year time frame ?
Purley from my experience last week ...

The 6 year time frame is applied to questions like "have you had an accident due to alcohol in the last 6 years" and "in the last 6 years have you been dependant on alcohol at all"

So no... They're not asking about 'how much you've drunk over the last 6 years' but they are very interested in your relationship to alchol in the last 6 years.

I think the term 'Scaremongering' used above is a little over dramatic to be honest. If you're preparing to go for your medical you need understand what they will ask.

Regardless of your opinion of the '6 years' questions - they will use the answers you gave to these questions to determine your eligibility to drive again.

i can't even remember who won the FA cup 2 years ago let alone 6 years ago, why are you making up nonsence to justify the previous nonsence....the 6 year thing is total utter nonsence.. and if i was you i would be wondering why they were asking me such a question
I'm not making up nonsense (not nonsence). I'm just pointing out the standard questionnaire you have to fill out at a DVLA medical. The questions relate to the last 6 years with alcohol and 3 years with drugs.

Perhaps we are talking at cross purposes . I was referring to the 6 years referred to in Q 4,5,6,7 , and the three years in Q 10

Sorry Polly, but i think you are missing the point here, not once in my DVLA medical was this so called 6 years mentioned ? what i had drank in the last 6 months was.......at the end of my dvla medical i asked the doctor how do you think i'll do, and he said if your blood test meets the criteria you will pass with flying colours,(and i did and i'm 59) and he showed me he had ticked "no further enquires nessacary(spell checking police just check that) i don't like to say this but you are scaremongering at best here
Your makin shit up in your own little world,,, why ? who knows you really need some help if people like you (consummate liars) are on the road i really do not feel safe when i venture out there
I am reporting this post to the moderator

Do you really think you will be safe on the roads mate ? calling everybody who is dealing with your case Tossers is not the answer ? you were on heroin in 2020 "WTF"......would i feel safe in a vehicle with you ?.....you really need to stop and think where you are at. i may hate the dvla for my own reasons but if they stop people like you getting behind the wheel of a car i'm on their side.....get your act
Sorry malina, but no heroine addict from 12 months ago should be behind the wheel of a vehicle, the physcotic nature of it, is another world from alcohol, as much as you want to justify alcohol and you are correct in doing so it does not even come close to heroin, wherby you will murder to get a fix,, just think about that, would you murder somebody for a can of fosters
Wow hang on a minute!!
I’ve always been a hard working person. Don’t think just cos I smoked some Heroin that I’m some sort of wrong’un who’s begging & robbing people!! I made a bad choice. At the time I was off the roads. I’ve actually waited 20 months since getting clean off of that crappy drug to apply for my licence. My ban was up in 2018.
As for murdering someone for a fix?? Ha ha
Really cracks me up.
I drive heavy plant machinery & get drug & alcohol tested quite frequently. My boss knows I used to have a problem & he’s alright about it.
Everyone has their issues mate. Alcohol is the worse drug out there due to being socially acceptable.
As for calling them at dvla tossers. So what, it’s true!! 😂

I have done the same. This forum is about sharing truthful and honest information to help people in a time of need. Not aggressive and confrontational accusations.
I think I will be reporting them as well. This person thinks their 💩 smells of roses ha ha 😂

i can't even remember who won the FA cup 2 years ago let alone 6 years ago, why are you making up nonsence to justify the previous nonsence....the 6 year thing is total utter nonsence.. and if i was you i would be wondering why they were asking me such a question
Here’s where it asks in the last 6 years 🤷‍♂️
Hatatty you sure you’ve had your medical 😂

Attachments

• 557D890D-3D80-4798-8B5D-9C4E25C6E7BC.jpeg
    557D890D-3D80-4798-8B5D-9C4E25C6E7BC.jpeg
    198.7 KB · Views: 7
  • AE1CAC51-F1F3-48C0-A3B6-B44B5BF500F0.jpeg
    AE1CAC51-F1F3-48C0-A3B6-B44B5BF500F0.jpeg
    196.3 KB · Views: 7
Danty you thicck f...............k, you do not fill out any questionaires at your medical
I had my medical last Monday!! You do fill out a questionnaire.
As soon as you arrive they hand you the forms to fill out before seeing the doctor.
He/she then goes through your forms & asks you your height & weight. Takes bloods, then takes £98.50… I was in & out in less than 5 minutes, as were the people in front of me. There was quite a queue!!
I’ve attached the questions concerning the 6 years issue you seem to be having 😂

Attachments

• 3CC61805-BDCF-4FCE-9D2C-1021E9B47C3F.jpeg
    3CC61805-BDCF-4FCE-9D2C-1021E9B47C3F.jpeg
    198.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 76FB93AF-5791-4F31-9AD8-12C22F0BABCB.jpeg
    76FB93AF-5791-4F31-9AD8-12C22F0BABCB.jpeg
    196.3 KB · Views: 6
Wow hang on a minute!!
I’ve always been a hard working person. Don’t think just cos I smoked some Heroin that I’m some sort of wrong’un who’s begging & robbing people!! I made a bad choice. At the time I was off the roads. I’ve actually waited 20 months since getting clean off of that crappy drug to apply for my licence. My ban was up in 2018.
As for murdering someone for a fix?? Ha ha
Really cracks me up.
I drive heavy plant machinery & get drug & alcohol tested quite frequently. My boss knows I used to have a problem & he’s alright about it.
Everyone has their issues mate. Alcohol is the worse drug out there due to being socially acceptable.
As for calling them at dvla tossers. So what, it’s true!! 😂
Hey Darron not trying to make a point of you mate, been in your shoes, i really know the point of dodgy drugs, been there done it etc etc, stopped the bad shit round 2010 and just did weed after that, the alcohol crept up on me, don't know how, but in your case mate the class a shit not long ago you've got an awful lot to prove to people, if i knew ya we'd probably be good mates

As soon as you arrive they hand you the forms to fill out before seeing the doctor.
He/she then goes through your forms & asks you your height & weight. Takes bloods, then takes £98.50… I was in & out in less than 5 minutes, as were the people in front of me. There was quite a queue!!
I’ve attached the questions concerning the 6 years issue you seem to be having 😂
i never filled out any forms ? and the 6 year thing was never mentioned, the whole process took 12 to 15 mins and half of that time was talking about Arsenal and Kieran tierney, he was an arse (the doc) i was a celt

I think it’s different at different surgeries. I was never given a form to fill in. The dvla DR had the forms and the only time I got to touch it was to put my signature on it. I’ve seen a lot of posts about people being sent the forms before their medical. The only form I personally filled in was after my medical and I had told them I had been on painkillers a few years ago from the Dr and came off them as they didn’t do sod all. I was then sent a form in the post and I had to fill in my drug use… which they would have got off my GP anyway also who I’ve had no contact with and no idea what’s been written. Different for everyone I suppose.

Hey Darron not trying to make a point of you mate, been in your shoes, i really know the point of dodgy drugs, been there done it etc etc, stopped the bad shit round 2010 and just did weed after that, the alcohol crept up on me, don't know how, but in your case mate the class a shit not long ago you've got an awful lot to prove to people, if i knew ya we'd probably be good mates
You’ve just replaced drugs with alcohol.
I haven’t taken drugs since October 2020.
Nor have I been on any prescription for drugs since then!!
20 months is plenty of clean time for me!!
I’ve never driven whilst I was on that crappy drug. I was banned for drink drive not drug drive.
I’ve been open & honest with dvla which is making the timeline drag on that’s for sure 😂

I had an accident as a result of my stupidity, and I know there is no getting around that 6 year question regarding that. All I am doing to make the process go as smoothly as possible is getting a hold of my GP records as I had two LFTs when I was placed on statins 4 years ago that were through the roof. The GP at the time thought it was down to alcohol, and I wanted to ensure alcohol was not mentioned on my GP record. It hasn't been from what I have been provided on the NHS app. I am booking an appointment with my named GP to get ahead of things and hope when they get the letter from the DVLA that their response is favourable.

I had an accident as a result of my stupidity, and I know there is no getting around that 6 year question regarding that. All I am doing to make the process go as smoothly as possible is getting a hold of my GP records as I had two LFTs when I was placed on statins 4 years ago that were through the roof. The GP at the time thought it was down to alcohol, and I wanted to ensure alcohol was not mentioned on my GP record. It hasn't been from what I have been provided on the NHS app. I am booking an appointment with my named GP to get ahead of things and hope when they get the letter from the DVLA that their response is favourable.
Hi Greg
This is always a difficult situation,…it’s well known that the population at large will invariably understate the alcohol that they are consuming, and the DVLA a will be as aware as anyone about that, let alone those of us who might feel we should do so. Being prescribed statins isn’t always because of alcohol consumption. 4 years is quite a long time ago, so it would be fine to say to your GP, and I absolutely recommend that people establish a relationship a with their named GP, that you have re-evaluated your life style and have exercised more, reduced your alcohol intake etc …. Keep it general and life style based. At the end of the day it seems the DVLA will do what they choose to, but we can minimise their interest in our history by having a positive GP assessment and comment.
Good luck wit( that
Kind regards
Jane

Hi Greg
This is always a difficult situation,…it’s well known that the population at large will invariably understate the alcohol that they are consuming, and the DVLA a will be as aware as anyone about that, let alone those of us who might feel we should do so. Being prescribed statins isn’t always because of alcohol consumption. 4 years is quite a long time ago, so it would be fine to say to your GP, and I absolutely recommend that people establish a relationship a with their named GP, that you have re-evaluated your life style and have exercised more, reduced your alcohol intake etc …. Keep it general and life style based. At the end of the day it seems the DVLA will do what they choose to, but we can minimise their interest in our history by having a positive GP assessment and comment.
Good luck wit( that
Kind regards
Jane
Jane,

Thanks. The statins were prescribed due to a stroke and at that point I was unaware how they reacted with any level of alcohol when you are first placed on them. The GP I saw at the time automatically assumed some kind of alcohol involvement as when asked I did say I had been on a stag do for the weekend previously.

I was never a big abuser of alcohol, and I'm a social drinker on a Friday or Saturday, but when I was arrested for DD and the accident I had hit a bit of a bad run for a few weeks through losing my job through the pandemic and other factors. No excuse, and I take responsibility for driving the car drunk. It was a wake up call and a bad one, but I still only drink on a Friday or Saturday. Probably a Saturday now as I have CS every week for 100 hours, and am conscious I need to get my licence back with as little hassle as possible that I can avoid bringing on myself. I have a holiday in August and after that I am giving up alcohol for a good period.

Greg

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off