DVLA Medical High Risk Offender Licence Application Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
Depending on the outcome of your GP discussion if its dependence then there is no need for your GP to contact the DVLA you will need to record a last alcoholic drink date with your doc so that you can reapply in 12 months time and this date will count as part of your medical evidence, if it's misuse then you reapply in 6 months, talk to your doc first to determine weather you are dependant or misuse, this needs to be clarified so that we or I can tell you what the next course of action should be, I think your subject access will take about 30 days to come and will make for some sobering reading....
Well my last drink was yesterday, where I had 3 cider and blacks and spent the rest of the evening being sick, hence why I rarely drink anymore! It causes havoc with my IBS also... I'm definitely going to be going for the misuse! Even when my intake was high, I wasn't waking up and instantly opening up a tinny! So even then I wouldn't of called it dependance, but I guess medical professionals see it differently.

Well my last drink was yesterday, where I had 3 cider and blacks and spent the rest of the evening being sick, hence why I rarely drink anymore! It causes havoc with my IBS also... I'm definitely going to be going for the misuse! Even when my intake was high, I wasn't waking up and instantly opening up a tinny! So even then I wouldn't of called it dependance, but I guess medical professionals see it differently.
And `of course the other fact to consider is that if you do attend let's say a special occasion there's nothing stopping you from drinking sensibly but do keep that from your GP and above all the DVLA....let us know how you get on Jess if I can't guide you through (although I'm sure I can due to work commitments) there's always someone here who has been through the same process as you are about to go through...try not to worry you will get your licence back albeit a medical review licence and you will have to go through the process each year, but trust me it does get easier .......

And `of course the other fact to consider is that if you do attend let's say a special occasion there's nothing stopping you from drinking sensibly but do keep that from your GP and above all the DVLA....let us know how you get on Jess if I can't guide you through (although I'm sure I can due to work commitments) there's always someone here who has been through the same process as you are about to go through...try not to worry you will get your licence back albeit a medical review licence and you will have to go through the process each year, but trust me it does get easier .......
What do they even class as controlled drinking for the 6 month's?! The 14 units a week? I'll keep you all updated on yet another shitty journey on the DVLA train...

What do they even class as controlled drinking for the 6 month's?! The 14 units a week? I'll keep you all updated on yet another shitty journey on the DVLA train...
Yes 14 units per week spread over seven days with no more than 3 drinks in one sitting, shit I know but these are the rules to satisfy Dvla

Sorry, me again! Does anyone know if my car will still be insured if my licence has been revoked??? I can't seem to find a clear answer online and my car is parked on the road outside of my house...

Sorry, me again! Does anyone know if my car will still be insured if my licence has been revoked??? I can't seem to find a clear answer online and my car is parked on the road outside of my house...
Hi again Jess technically the answer is no, however when my licence was revoked my car was on the road outside the house just like you and I left mine run, it didn't do any harm just couldn't drive it....

Hi again Jess technically the answer is no, however when my licence was revoked my car was on the road outside the house just like you and I left mine run, it didn't do any harm just couldn't drive it....
I can get my dad to take it for little spins and take me to and from places in it occasionally, but I don't want to end up with it being clamped and a nice big yellow sticker on it if my insurance is going to be stopped! Although the £46 a month I'm paying would come in handy 😒 do you know if DVLA pay for the future medicals now, or do I have to pay again?

No. If you do not have a licence, you cannot hold insurance. No 'technically' about it. Leaving your car on the road leaves you liable for the car being confiscated on top of other potential issues.

@Honestman was obviously very lucky, as his thinking is completely wrong....

I can get my dad to take it for little spins and take me to and from places in it occasionally, but I don't want to end up with it being clamped and a nice big yellow sticker on it if my insurance is going to be stopped! Although the £46 a month I'm paying would come in handy 😒 do you know if DVLA pay for the future medicals now, or do I have to pay again?
If you could store it somewhere it would be better and say if somebody did run into it well then it's not insured but if you look on the DVLA website vehicle tax&mot site it will show up as tax and mot meaning there is insurance in place so it won't get clamped, and the good news is no you don't have to pay for any further medicals as you are now under "a medical condition" meaning all DVLA medicals are now free, when you reapply for your licence the letter they send you for your medical will explain this, when you done your last medical do you know the CDT result you had, when you are classed as dependant DVLA like to see a reading of not higher than 1.0 everything below this means a little or no alcohol, my CDTs were 0.9/0.8/0.7 one was inconclusive and another 0.9 DVLA use a range because we are all different however there are small amounts of natural alcohol in certain foods like ripe bananas that contain 0.5g, surprised! I was and there are others too

No. If you do not have a licence, you cannot hold insurance. No 'technically' about it. Leaving your car on the road leaves you liable for the car being confiscated on top of other potential issues.

@Honestman was obviously very lucky, as his thinking is completely wrong....
I never said it was right mate I'm just telling my story and facts that can help you out in the short term, what do you expect her to do drive it away and face further prosecution, these are short term solutions to a troubled mind that's confused because she's just had her life taken away.....

If you could store it somewhere it would be better and say if somebody did run into it well then it's not insured but if you look on the DVLA website vehicle tax&mot site it will show up as tax and mot meaning there is insurance in place so it won't get clamped, and the good news is no you don't have to pay for any further medicals as you are now under "a medical condition" meaning all DVLA medicals are now free, when you reapply for your licence the letter they send you for your medical will explain this, when you done your last medical do you know the CDT result you had, when you are classed as dependant DVLA like to see a reading of not higher than 1.0 everything below this means a little or no alcohol, my CDTs were 0.9/0.8/0.7 one was inconclusive and another 0.9 DVLA use a range because we are all different however there are small amounts of natural alcohol in certain foods like ripe bananas that contain 0.5g, surprised! I was and there are others too
I'll have to get it moved ASAP then! They could of given me more notice so this stuff can be arranged and sorted! I don't know what my reading was,no. I'll have to ask on the phone when I hopefully get through tomorrow...

I'll have to get it moved ASAP then! They could of given me more notice so this stuff can be arranged and sorted! I don't know what my reading was,no. I'll have to ask on the phone when I hopefully get through tomorrow...
They won't give it to you over the phone it will be included in the email you sent today, keep a note of your last drink date as you will need to give this each time at your medicals don't get it wrong because you could get revoked again, this date is very important to you and your GP each year when your licence is due for renewal, tip Jess from now on screen shot every piece of paper work at your medicals because they will need to be consistent each year, this then will secure your next licence ..../

Perhaps if you can say something like 'In my considered opinion' because you saying things as if they are fact does not help. Just because you got away with it doesn't make something fact. Please consider your advice based on law/fact rather than your opinion/experience.

It won't help her if her car is towed because you have said it will be OK to leave it on the road!

I never said it was right mate I'm just telling my story and facts that can help you out in the short term, what do you expect her to do drive it away and face further prosecution, these are short term solutions to a troubled mind that's confused because she's just had her life taken away.....
Quite . You were trying to be helpful and gave your version of what you thought may be the case.

Perhaps if you can say something like 'In my considered opinion' because you saying things as if they are fact does not help. Just because you got away with it doesn't make something fact. Please consider your advice based on law/fact rather than your opinion/experience.

It won't help her if her car is towed because you have said it will be OK to leave it on the road!
Then maybe you better step up to the mark and give expert advice seen as you know it all

I don't get in to slagging matches mate I give advice and if you don't like it you know what you can do, nobody asked for your opinion,
What are you talking about?

It is a public forum, asking for advice????

There have been a number of issues in the last few days where you have been shown to be completely wrong. Just be aware that your 'advice' could cause others issues if they are based on flawed reasoning.

THINK before you post. OK?

Reactions: GGG
What are you talking about?

It is a public forum, asking for advice????

There have been a number of issues in the last few days where you have been shown to be completely wrong. Just be aware that your 'advice' could cause others issues if they are based on flawed reasoning.

THINK before you post. OK?
Who are you the boss are you ??????????????

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off