DVLA Medical High Risk Offender Licence Application Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
Update on my application, sent away £104 with it they returned it with a letter explaining about the medical, blood tests tc and that I had to pay an extra £219.50. I have sent all off again yesterday. So fingers crossed will hopefully hear back about it all in the next couple of weeks.
That doesn’t sound right! That’s the most £ I’ve heard on this forum for a medical!

That doesn’t sound right! That’s the most £ I’ve heard on this forum for a medical!

Because I was caught twice in the space of 4 years then they said total fees of 323.50 (i.e 144 higher licence fee + 179.50 medical fee) has to be paid. I have to sit a medical examination with their medical advisors and blood tests that are carried out by them. I am also in Northern Ireland it's so different to being over in England etc.

That is the answer! Northern Ireland medical fees are huge, but there again people often get a 12 month ban there where in England and Wales you might get 3 years, so it is a trade off.
Also in NI all drunk drivers have to resist their test when the ban is up

Hi has anyone applied for their license back recently, who is an HRO? My ban was up last month and I've sent off for my licence because didnt have a letter to go for a medical and still waiting to hear back. Has anybody had any appointments to be sent for their medical yet?

I'm waiting to hear back for an appointment for a medical, was able to send full payment n application back there nearly 2 weeks ago. It takes a good few weeks before you will hear anything back maybe even longer because of everything else that's going on.

Phone call from the DVLA complaints department today saying I can drive from midnight :)

D1 application sent in 1st April, medical on 9th July, GP contacted and we filled in the DD2 form 31 July. 19 weeks in total :-(

CDT 1.0% after not drinking at all for 16 months which surprised me as I thought it would be lower. Apparently fruit juices and other sugary carbohydrates can affect it so be aware.

Been a long few months but the battle is won. Just bought insurance at a cost of £2300 total!

Phone call from the DVLA complaints department today saying I can drive from midnight :)

D1 application sent in 1st April, medical on 9th July, GP contacted and we filled in the DD2 form 31 July. 19 weeks in total :-(

CDT 1.0% after not drinking at all for 16 months which surprised me as I thought it would be lower. Apparently fruit juices and other sugary carbohydrates can affect it so be aware.

Been a long few months but the battle is won. Just bought insurance at a cost of £2300 total!
What reason did they give for it being almost 6 weeks from the time you had medical?!?

To be fair, it was only a few days after the GP filled in his form, they are allowed up to 6 weeks to do that before DVLA chase them up.

I'm waiting to hear back for an appointment for a medical, was able to send full payment n application back there nearly 2 weeks ago. It takes a good few weeks before you will hear anything back maybe even longer because of everything else that's going on.

Congratulations 😉👍

When should you of originally been back on the road?

They really need to hurry up with mine!! I sent my form off in MAY my van was up in June and they still have no info for me - any tips or advice would be most welcome. I am getting so stressed now with regards to work I have job interviews etc coming up as I should be driving now!

Hello,
I'm searching for desperate reassurance. I called the DVLA to check on the progress of my licence after my medical exam last week and they advised they've sent a questionnaire to my GP?? Anyone know what this means? I have no history of alcohol misuse and should have passed the CDT test with flying colours do I don't understand? How much longer is this going to take? My ban was up May 3rd!

Hello good afternoon, I think we have a similar case here, I applied since April this year too, but only got a medical done 25th July after calling DVLA a few times. I gave them about a week before I started calling them, first time I was told they had received the result back but was waiting for the reports from the DVLA approved DR who examined me, I asked if this was my own GP but she insisted no, that it is the report of the Doctor I done the medical with. I did call today 11th August and they said they have now received the DVLA Doctor‘s report and it’s waiting to be processed by the medical team. I am hoping they don’t bother calling my personal GP cause from what I have read, it then takes another few weeks depending on how soon your personal GP replies then before they come to a conclusion. Can anyone please advice from the stage they have confirmed they received both result and the DVLA doctor’s report, how long before someone can get an update? Also do they usually write to our personal GP before they even receive report from their own Approved Doctors?

What reason did they give for it being almost 6 weeks from the time you had medical?!?
It takes about a week for them to get the results from the medical on the system, then a week to write to GP, another week for me to get appointment took me to the 31st July, a week for those results to be on their system and then license back from tomorrow.

That part of it was all nice and quick considering. it was the april to July waiting for medical that took the p**s.

My ban finished march 2019 but didn't apply until 1st April 2020.
Wow! That was a long time, I guess I should just except I'm not going to be back on the road anytime soon and change plans, but thanks for the info it has helped, as I've given up trying to get through to DVLA at this point, just put it on back burner and will be a nice surprise when I do hear anything 😁

Wow! That was a long time, I guess I should just except I'm not going to be back on the road anytime soon and change plans, but thanks for the info it has helped, as I've given up trying to get through to DVLA at this point, just put it on back burner and will be a nice surprise when I do hear anything 😁
Don’t give up, try calling after 8 in the morning if possible.

Yey, I been checking the forum every day to see if you had the good news, finally you are there, well done mate I'm so happy for you, happy driving take care, 👍

I haven’t been through to DVLA today, I intend on calling regularly till I here good news, I am not sure if they will contact my GP or not, fingers crossed they won’t but from what I have heard here before, some of the guys have said they will definitely contact my GP as I am an HRO. That will be some delay because I will need to keep calling my GP too. The receptionists there are not good at communicating and I have once talked about alcohol to my GP middle last year. That is really worrying 💔 I had haemorrhoids and I said to her it was maybe my binge on the weekend. Now I have to make sure she doesn’t kill me with that statement cause DVLA don’t care what it is after all from what I have heard.

I haven’t been through to DVLA today, I intend on calling regularly till I here good news, I am not sure if they will contact my GP or not, fingers crossed they won’t but from what I have heard here before, some of the guys have said they will definitely contact my GP as I am an HRO. That will be some delay because I will need to keep calling my GP too. The receptionists there are not good at communicating and I have once talked about alcohol to my GP middle last year. That is really worrying 💔 I had haemorrhoids and I said to her it was maybe my binge on the weekend. Now I have to make sure she doesn’t kill me with that statement cause DVLA don’t care what it is after all from what I have heard.
Hi mate, my gp was not contacted so it seems as already quoted on the forum that 1 out of 3 slip through the net.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off