DVLA Medical High Risk Offender Licence Application Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
Wow so I could still be waiting 2 months or more before I can even see a license back in my hand? That's crazy. They should be doing the medicals before you apply for the license I think ?‍♂️

My ban ended on may 15th 2019. You aren't even allowed to apply until your ban ends in Northern Ireland, one of a few differences between NI and England, everything else is much the same. I got my licence back on August 8th 2019, it was a very painful wait lol

My ban ends on the 16th of march but I applied on the 7th of February. Kind of hoping it doesn't draw out too long been nearly 26 months since I lost it

I sent my application off on the 14th of May and got my medical letter on 16th June 2019. Rang and got a medical in mid July then rang every day about cancellations, got one and had my medical on Saturday the 22nd of June 2019.
Sent my application off 7th of February apparently its been accepted but at the medical stage now. Been told I have to wait for dvla medical to write to me? How long has this process taken from sending in D1 application to dvla medical writing to you?
Altogether when DVLA had finished with me medically it was a grand total of 14 months.......shocking uhhh.......I was one of the most scrutinised cases on here.....

My ban ended on may 15th 2019. You aren't even allowed to apply until your ban ends in Northern Ireland, one of a few differences between NI and England, everything else is much the same. I got my licence back on August 8th 2019, it was a very painful wait lol
Grice96 did you have to do an extended practical driving test?

Grice96 did you have to do an extended practical driving test?

No Elsa. You only have to sit the extended test if you were ordered to do so on the day in court, this is usually reserved for people with more than one offence.

For example, drink driving while also dangerous driving or drink driving while causing wreckless endangerment of human life etc

No Elsa. You only have to sit the extended test if you were ordered to do so on the day in court, this is usually reserved for people with more than one offence.

For example, drink driving while also dangerous driving or drink driving while causing wreckless endangerment of human life etc
Thanks grice. That’s a bit of good news for me. It wasn’t mentioned in court and is not on the letter I received after confirming my ban etc. It was my first offence. I thought I would be doing an extended test in Belfast where I didn’t like driving even when I had my licence lol. Thanks.

Thanks grice. That’s a bit of good news for me. It wasn’t mentioned in court and is not on the letter I received after confirming my ban etc. It was my first offence. I thought I would be doing an extended test in Belfast where I didn’t like driving even when I had my licence lol. Thanks.

No you're grand, only if you were ordered. I have heard some horror stories about that extended test right enough, people that live out in the country and never go into the city being made do a 90 minute test of pure city driving is a bit unfair.

Hi everyone so I am in NI and I'm a HRO because I was caught DD twice in the space of 10yrs.. My 2nd ban is up 24th June after a 3yr ban (few days) but because of the current covid-19 situation. They are only taking on or letting priority cases through. I have seen you can re apply for you licence online and take your picture etc.. From reading above it has took use a good wee while getting your licenses back so it will probably take mine even longer but I'm not even sure they are going through with medicals atm.. Will re-apply as normal and will post up a time line etc of what's happening. I did email dva 2 weeks ago just looking information about what to do because I'm a front line worker and may need my licence for that (I don't think was a good idea because they may contact my employer now and I haven't declared it with them) but haven't heard anything back as yet.

Hi everyone so I am in NI and I'm a HRO because I was caught DD twice in the space of 10yrs.. My 2nd ban is up 24th June after a 3yr ban (few days) but because of the current covid-19 situation. They are only taking on or letting priority cases through. I have seen you can re apply for you licence online and take your picture etc.. From reading above it has took use a good wee while getting your licenses back so it will probably take mine even longer but I'm not even sure they are going through with medicals atm.. Will re-apply as normal and will post up a time line etc of what's happening. I did email dva 2 weeks ago just looking information about what to do because I'm a front line worker and may need my licence for that (I don't think was a good idea because they may contact my employer now and I haven't declared it with them) but haven't heard anything back as yet.

The applying for your licence online in NI is only for re-applying if your medical licence is about to run out. Unfortunately it is only a paper application for applying for a licence after a ban in NI. I had to go through it all myself last year. They currently aren't doing medicals to my knowledge but this could change in the coming weeks with restrictions being relaxed here. From applying last year until licence in my letter box was nearly 3 months last year before covid but that was because my medical history was investigated.

The applying for your licence online in NI is only for re-applying if your medical licence is about to run out. Unfortunately it is only a paper application for applying for a licence after a ban in NI. I had to go through it all myself last year. They currently aren't doing medicals to my knowledge but this could change in the coming weeks with restrictions being relaxed here. From applying last year until licence in my letter box was nearly 3 months last year before covid but that was because my medical history was investigated.

Ye

I'm really hoping it's sorted out before they start with the medicals again lol just to save the stress of it all but if not hopefully will just run smoothly. They still arnt taking any calls been trying to contact them.

@grice96 did you have to do your test and all again?

@grice96 did you have to do your test and all again?

Yes I had to do my theory and my practical test again. Everyone banned in NI must repeat the 2 tests. It's worse than England in that sense but our bans are much shorter, with my breath reading I would have been banned for 28 months in England but got 12 in NI reduced to 9 with the course.

Yes I had to do my theory and my practical test again. Everyone banned in NI must repeat the 2 tests. It's worse than England in that sense but our bans are much shorter, with my breath reading I would have been banned for 28 months in England but got 12 in NI reduced to 9 with the course.

@grice96 yea I done that the first time, second time I got 3 years ban and can reapply after 2 but because it would cost to go through the courts and they might have said no anyways, I just left it. So now I don't have to do any of that just re apply as normal. Been trying to find somewhere atm to get photos done so I can send it all off. Sooner the wheel is turning the sooner I'm able to get it all back though does anyone know any good cheap ish insurance companies? Lol.. I thought the first time was a dear lesson but this time is going to be alot more :L

@grice96 yea I done that the first time, second time I got 3 years ban and can reapply after 2 but because it would cost to go through the courts and they might have said no anyways, I just left it. So now I don't have to do any of that just re apply as normal. Been trying to find somewhere atm to get photos done so I can send it all off. Sooner the wheel is turning the sooner I'm able to get it all back though does anyone know any good cheap ish insurance companies? Lol.. I thought the first time was a dear lesson but this time is going to be alot more :L

@grice96 did you have to do the medical first then the rest or can you go a head and book the rest while waiting on the medical?

@grice96 did you have to do the medical first then the rest or can you go a head and book the rest while waiting on the medical?

No you have to have your licence in your hand to book either part of the test as you need to bring your licence with you. Your driver number will he rejected by the booking system until around 3 days after the licence is issued in swansea. The best quote I can get at the minute is Hughes and that's over £1400 lol

No you have to have your licence in your hand to book either part of the test as you need to bring your licence with you. Your driver number will he rejected by the booking system until around 3 days after the licence is issued in swansea. The best quote I can get at the minute is Hughes and that's over £1400 lol

@grice96 That's actually alright lol mine was a round that when I started driving to begin with but probs be more than that now cause I've been caught twice lol

Hello all,

i have a medical reference number from DVLA but just been told by DVLA that they are STILL not doing medicals. Please can someone tell me which doctors would do medical in Norfolk area?

Hello,
I'm searching for desperate reassurance. I called the DVLA to check on the progress of my licence after my medical exam last week and they advised they've sent a questionnaire to my GP?? Anyone know what this means? I have no history of alcohol misuse and should have passed the CDT test with flying colours do I don't understand? How much longer is this going to take? My ban was up May 3rd!

Update on my application, sent away £104 with it they returned it with a letter explaining about the medical, blood tests tc and that I had to pay an extra £219.50. I have sent all off again yesterday. So fingers crossed will hopefully hear back about it all in the next couple of weeks.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off