DVLA Medical High Risk Offender Licence Application Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
Just got my medical records for the last 6 years from my GP so I can fill the medical forms correctly and accurately. IM SCREWED. most of these questions in the last 6 years have you....
Been dependant, not addicted to but dependant on alcohol. Answer...Yes 2016.

In the last 6 years have you been involved in an RTA due to alcohol....Answer yes 2019
Either of these boxes I'm sure will give dvla all the excuse they need to contact my gp.

Also records pointing to mental health issues and taking anti depressants in or around 2016.

I don't see me getting my licence back any time soon 😔
Mental health issues are no barrier to the return of a licence .
Re the accident: many of us would have to tick yes to that as it is often an accident ( even if tiny bump) , that prompts the arrest.
Yes, if you answer correctly, you will have a potential issue re alcohol use . However , issues of the licence apart , I’m wondering from what you say whether you yourself are perhaps a bit puzzled / concerned re your recent drinking after such a period of abstinence ? Maybe you will decide you need to have a think about this . Good luck with everything anyway .

Re the accident: many of us would have to tick yes to that as it is often an accident ( even if tiny bump) , that prompts the arrest.
Yes, if you answer correctly, you will have a potential issue re alcohol use . However , issues of the licence apart , I’m wondering from what you say whether you yourself are perhaps a bit puzzled / concerned re your recent drinking after such a period of abstinence ? Maybe you will decide you need to have a think about this . Good luck with everything anyway .
. However , issues of the licence apart , I’m wondering from what you say whether you yourself are perhaps a bit puzzled / concerned re your recent drinking after such a period of abstinence ? Maybe you will decide you need to have a think about this

Sorry I don't get what your alluding to here?

Thanks for the reply i do appreciate it. However, I do not have an addictive personality, I never have. I have been a bit of a pig with it at times. I'm not even a social drinker now. It's like cigarettes, they are highly addictive, but ad with alcohol. I can take them of leave them. When I go on holiday, I buy 200 fags. I sit in front of the Mediterranean, have a mojito, beer...whatever and maybe chill out with a menthol cigarette. I do the things on holiday, that I do not do in this country. I have had issues in the last 6 years. But I've been very proactive in addressing these issues. I have stopped drinking in this country and smoking. I'm in the gym every other day. I've lost 4 stone in weight in the last 3 years. I've lowered my blood pressure and completely changed my diet. I worked as a volunteer all the way through the pandemic until I caught covid, that nearly killed me. I have completed educational courses and have qualifications for alcohol and drug misuse. You would struggle to find anyone that has made a greater effort to redress the issues and wrongs that I have. Even some of the things held on my Medical file are speculation rather than fact. Something I am trying to tackle with me GP. There's no area of the events of the last 3-6 years that I am even slightly confused about. However, I'd prefer you to say in black and white what you meant by your comment rather than "allude" to something.
Please don't think I'm being offensive or defensive, I'm just a little confused about what you meant?
Kind regards

As a follow up in case anyone is interested, got my CDT score today by mail from DVLA. It was 0.7
That was after a 3 week total abstinance.
Prior to that I would be classed as a heavy drinker under the new limits.
Exactly the same as mine -0.7. I abstained for 30 days x

Returned home from holiday today to find my new licence on the doormat but no info re medical results or CDT score etc. Do they send this out separately or do you have to request it?
Mine came about a fortnight later x

No to absolutely everything!!
Forgive me for asking this. But was it a no to everything in all honesty? I've seen a lot of different approaches to these questions. Some just tick no to everything in a "hit and hope" manner, knowing the really should have answered yes. I've seen some weird ones on here, and I'm not judging. But some with horrendous circumstances, and answered yes to many questions and 1 week later have their licence? And yet, those who have answered no to everything face months of investigation. I have two questions I probably need to answer yes to. But a little voice in my head is saying "don't do it"
Thanks
Steve

I received my letter with %CDT result today which was 0.8.

If it helps anyone, I intended to stop drinking 3 weeks before my medical albeit I had 4 beers on the Saturday 14 days before – about 9 units.

Happy with that just want to try and draw a line under all of this now and move on!

Mini update from me. Had medical 5 days ago and called dvla this morning to see where it's at. Bloods are in (won't tell me the result) and waiting for questionnaire to be scanned onto system. Said I'd call back in 2-3 days for an update. My ban ends in 5 days so we'll see if I get it by then but highly doubt it!!
Hi mate
They won’t tell you your CDT score over the phone. Crazy really isn’t it 🤷‍♂️
Good luck 🤞

Hi mate
They won’t tell you your CDT score over the phone. Crazy really isn’t it 🤷‍♂️
Good luck 🤞
Yeh I've requested them via email. Think I'll call them again tomorrow to see if the questionnaire has been scanned into system. Keeping on at them like a dog with a bone.... Want to get myself heard haha

Yes, if you answer correctly, you will have a potential issue re alcohol use . However , issues of the licence apart , I’m wondering from what you say whether you yourself are perhaps a bit puzzled / concerned re your recent drinking after such a period of abstinence ? Maybe you will decide you need to have a think about this . Good luck wi
Thanks for the reply i do appreciate it. However, I do not have an addictive personality, I never have. I have been a bit of a pig with it at times. I'm not even a social drinker now. It's like cigarettes, they are highly addictive, but ad with alcohol. I can take them of leave them. When I go on holiday, I buy 200 fags. I sit in front of the Mediterranean, have a mojito, beer...whatever and maybe chill out with a menthol cigarette. I do the things on holiday, that I do not do in this country. I have had issues in the last 6 years. But I've been very proactive in addressing these issues. I have stopped drinking in this country and smoking. I'm in the gym every other day. I've lost 4 stone in weight in the last 3 years. I've lowered my blood pressure and completely changed my diet. I worked as a volunteer all the way through the pandemic until I caught covid, that nearly killed me. I have completed educational courses and have qualifications for alcohol and drug misuse. You would struggle to find anyone that has made a greater effort to redress the issues and wrongs that I have. Even some of the things held on my Medical file are speculation rather than fact. Something I am trying to tackle with me GP. There's no area of the events of the last 3-6 years that I am even slightly confused about. However, I'd prefer you to say in black and white what you meant by your comment rather than "allude" to something.
Please don't think I'm being offensive or defensive, I'm just a little confused about what you meant?
Kind regards
Hi there . I don’t take offence at anything and to be honest I’d not read your follow on post when I posted ! I wasn’t alluding to anything either , although a guilty of thinking you may have felt like I would in your situation , which I should not have done . I too have given up drinking for 3 years , although by contrast with yourself I do have an addictive personality. I do not want to drink alcohol either , and if I did , I’d be upset with myself . I have lost all desire to drink , even when on my holidays. In terms of yourself
Please don't think I'm being offensive or defensive, I'm just a little confused about what you
Yeh I've requested them via email. Think I'll call them again tomorrow to see if the questionnaire has been scanned into system. Keeping on at them like a dog with a bone.... Want to get myself heard haha
Kind regards
Hi there. No offence taken at all and you have nothing to defend. Tbh , I’d not seen a subsequent post when I replied to this one . I didn’t particularly mean anything by my comment, although it does seem as though your recent departures from abstinence will cause you problems if you respond accurately to the questionnaire , and by virtue of you being without a licence it seems alcohol caused you a problem in the first place . I’ve chosen that abstinence is the only path for me , but everyone is different. I’ve made similar changes to you but am not doing nearly so well at the gym 😂!!!!! Hope your case gets sorted quickly and efficiently .

Hi there . I don’t take offence at anything and to be honest I’d not read your follow on post when I posted ! I wasn’t alluding to anything either , although a guilty of thinking you may have felt like I would in your situation , which I should not have done . I too have given up drinking for 3 years , although by contrast with yourself I do have an addictive personality. I do not want to drink alcohol either , and if I did , I’d be upset with myself . I have lost all desire to drink , even when on my holidays. In terms of yourself

Hi there. No offence taken at all and you have nothing to defend. Tbh , I’d not seen a subsequent post when I replied to this one . I didn’t particularly mean anything by my comment, although it does seem as though your recent departures from abstinence will cause you problems if you respond accurately to the questionnaire , and by virtue of you being without a licence it seems alcohol caused you a problem in the first place . I’ve chosen that abstinence is the only path for me , but everyone is different. I’ve made similar changes to you but am not doing nearly so well at the gym 😂!!!!! Hope your case gets sorted quickly and efficiently .
I’m sorry re my various half posts !!! My wifi keeps cutting out and this site shutting down with the result that I can’t see if I’ve posted something or not !

Mate my ban was finished in February 2018!!

Forgive me for asking this. But was it a no to everything in all honesty? I've seen a lot of different approaches to these questions. Some just tick no to everything in a "hit and hope" manner, knowing the really should have answered yes. I've seen some weird ones on here, and I'm not judging. But some with horrendous circumstances, and answered yes to many questions and 1 week later have their licence? And yet, those who have answered no to everything face months of investigation. I have two questions I probably need to answer yes to. But a little voice in my head is saying "don't do it"
Thanks
Steve
Be truthful fella if you are on antidepressants or anything be truthful its a lucky dip if they contact your doctor but if they do its best not to lie or they would be right twats the dvla that is

Mate my ban was finished in February 2018!!
Pal you can't compare your story to anyone else's on here. Your ban was up in 2018 but it took you 4 years to reapply because drugs and alcohol were still an issue with you up to 2020. You can't use covid as a total excuse for reapplying because many of us still went through with medicals at the height of covid

Pal you can't compare your story to anyone else's on here. Your ban was up in 2018 but it took you 4 years to reapply because drugs and alcohol were still an issue with you up to 2020. You can't use covid as a total excuse for reapplying because many of us still went through with medicals at the height of covid
It was only drugs for 3 years 2017-2020. Not had a drink problem ever pal…
I kept getting told they weren’t doing medicals at present during covid?? Add to that I’m away working a lot. Glad I finally got it all done now though, happy days!!
Blood CDT was 0.9%, & urine test will be negative.
I only drink on payday at the end of the month. Maybe a couple lager shandy’s, find em more refreshing.
My GP was happy with me so it’s just a wait now for them to make their decision.
Applied in March so it’s been a quick turn around.
Defo learnt my lesson from all this!! The ban is just the beginning!! Never again cos my licence is crucial for getting to jobs easier & doing the dreaded monthly shop!!
😱

Another update from me... They've decided to write to my GP and letter was sent out to them yesterday. Another waiting game begins 🙄

I just got off the phone from Dvla myself. Was told yesterday they received confirmation that I’ve attended a medical. I asked what that means? As in has my bloods etc come through…the lady said all it says on my records is I attended a medical.

I just got off the phone from Dvla myself. Was told yesterday they received confirmation that I’ve attended a medical. I asked what that means? As in has my bloods etc come through…the lady said all it says on my records is I attended a medical.
It will be fine . There will be some system in place ( unusual for the DVLA !!!) whereby they get email or whatever from Dr confirming youve attended . Bloods will be advised when results get there from lab . You do right in progress chasing . Keep on the case .

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off