DVLA Medical High Risk Offender Licence Application Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
Hi mate, my gp was not contacted so it seems as already quoted on the forum that 1 out of 3 slip through the net.
Thanks for this reply, it gives me hope of not getting delayed further. Hopefully I will update you guys soon with the good news as they claim to have received blood test result and DVLA’s appointed doctors report as at yesterday and it’s waiting to be reviewed.

Thanks for this reply, it gives me hope of not getting delayed further. Hopefully I will update you guys soon with the good news as they claim to have received blood test result and DVLA’s appointed doctors report as at yesterday and it’s waiting to be reviewed.
No problem, from the day dvla received my bloods and dvla medical report It took almost 2 weeks for it to appear on there website that my licence was reinstated.

Thank you, I even called GP pretending they DVLA said they sent a letter already but they haven’t received anything, then I called DVLA today and a lady told me nothing has happened since I called yesterday but I told her I am sorry I am calling everyday but it’s because of my new job opportunity and she said she will log it in that it has to do with my employment. Fingers crossed again.

Thank you, I even called GP pretending they DVLA said they sent a letter already but they haven’t received anything, then I called DVLA today and a lady told me nothing has happened since I called yesterday but I told her I am sorry I am calling everyday but it’s because of my new job opportunity and she said she will log it in that it has to do with my employment. Fingers crossed again.
I cant get through to DVLA I've been calling every day for weeks sometimes up to 20 times haha and it's either engaged or automated saying there to busy, I tried what u said this morn at 8 and the same thing I dont know what to do anymore. I did the drink driving course for the reduction in March and the reduction isn't showing up on check my licence on DVLA website either. Got intouch with the courts and they said they sent certificate to them early April, I'm just not getting anywhere with them at all I just want the medical at least 😩 I wrote all this in covering letter with application 5 weeks ago nothing has changed.

Until DVLA process the certificate from the court they will think that you are not eligible to get your licence back early from doing the course.
You either have to keep trying to get through to DVLA or you might get more success asking the court to resend the certificate as it may be stuck in the pile of paperwork submitted when they asked people to not apply on paper, but they did. This must be quite a pile!
I would add though, that most courts notify DVA electronically rather than by sending a paper certificate, so if it has been overlooked, DVLA will never find it!

Until DVLA process the certificate from the court they will think that you are not eligible to get your licence back early from doing the course.
You either have to keep trying to get through to DVLA or you might get more success asking the court to resend the certificate as it may be stuck in the pile of paperwork submitted when they asked people to not apply on paper, but they did. This must be quite a pile!
I would add though, that most courts notify DVA electronically rather than by sending a paper certificate, so if it has been overlooked, DVLA will never find it!
Yeah I sent my certificate with the application and covering letter, because I thought that could of happened too. As you've just said they probably have piles and piles of letters and I am in for a bit of a wait, which number are you's ringing?

0300 790 6806 ring this and choose D4 Medical option cause sometimes it locks you off on other options. Option 121! You have to keep trying, very early or after 3pm are the times I normally get through. Good luck with it.

Yey, I been checking the forum every day to see if you had the good news, finally you are there, well done mate I'm so happy for you, happy driving take care, 👍
Thank you! What a drama but we got there. My GP was on holiday so another one did the DD2 form but he didn't do it off my notes he rang me and we went through it over the phone together which was great. I'm so glad I filled in the forms honestly as well even if it meant it took me a little longer my conscience is clear that there'll be no come backs.

0300 790 6806 ring this and choose D4 Medical option cause sometimes it locks you off on other options. Option 121! You have to keep trying, very early or after 3pm are the times I normally get through. Good luck with it.
Thankyou will try today

Thankyou so much I finally got to speak to someone! I was ringing the number off direct Gov. They have said they have my application but are unable to process it as it's in a queue and wouldn't give me a estimate of how long it will be before my reduction shows up, or how long it will be before I hear about a medical. He just apologized and said he hopes i dont wait much longer, so they must have alot of applications. I just feel better I finally got to speak to someone, so thankyou for the advice will ring every week now till i hear from them 👍

Thankyou so much I finally got to speak to someone! I was ringing the number off direct Gov. They have said they have my application but are unable to process it as it's in a queue and wouldn't give me a estimate of how long it will be before my reduction shows up, or how long it will be before I hear about a medical. He just apologized and said he hopes i dont wait much longer, so they must have alot of applications. I just feel better I finally got to speak to someone, so thankyou for the advice will ring every week now till i hear from them 👍
Good good

Would you bloody believe it, my GP now gone on two weeks leave!!!!!! No licensing decision for me before 26th August! Will this nightmare ever end!!!!!!

Hello,
I'm searching for desperate reassurance. I called the DVLA to check on the progress of my licence after my medical exam last week and they advised they've sent a questionnaire to my GP?? Anyone know what this means? I have no history of alcohol misuse and should have passed the CDT test with flying colours do I don't understand? How much longer is this going to take? My ban was up May 3rd!
Hi , when DVLA write out to your GP usually they send out medical form DD2, this form then is accossiated with drinking issues and mental health issues, on the other hand if there are any mental health issues (anxiety&depression ) then the medical form M1 is sent out to your GP for them to fill out regarding any illness and medication taken, the time scale and turnaround for each form is six weeks and they don't send them together.......

Would you bloody believe it, my GP now gone on two weeks leave!!!!!! No licensing decision for me before 26th August! Will this nightmare ever end!!!!!!
Hopefully the GP's that are on there annual breaks have not gone to quarantine countries.

Hello all,

i have a medical reference number from DVLA but just been told by DVLA that they are STILL not doing medicals. Please can someone tell me which doctors would do medical in Norfolk area?
Hi, I’m in the Norfolk area can I ask which doctor you used to book your medical? Also did you have to ask them to request your paperwork from the DVLA? Thanks

Would you bloody believe it, my GP now gone on two weeks leave!!!!!! No licensing decision for me before 26th August! Will this nightmare ever end
Hi, I’m in the Norfolk area can I ask which doctor you used to book your medical? Also did you have to ask them to request your paperwork from the DVLA? Thanks
hi ya,

so I had my medical with the school Lane surgery in Thetford, DVLA found it for me and sent them paperwork

Would you bloody believe it, my GP now gone on two weeks leave!!!!!! No licensing decision for me before 26th August! Will this nightmare ever end

hi ya,

so I had my medical with the school Lane surgery in Thetford, DVLA found it for me and sent them paperwork
Ah ok, I haven’t received any paperwork but I have managed to get my M reference number from the DVLA, wondered if I might be able to get a doctor to request my paperwork if I was to give them the reference number.

Ah ok, I haven’t received any paperwork but I have managed to get my M reference number from the DVLA, wondered if I might be able to get a doctor to request my paperwork if I was to give them the reference number.
Well if the one is Thetford is close enough I would recommend giving them a bell and asking

Here is my timescale:

5 May sent form D27 with fee
May called DVLA several times, was told my form had not been scanned yet
8 June sent form D1 with fee
June called DVLA several times, no progress
20 June official disqualification period ended
6 July saw fee had been taken from my bank account
7 July DVLA told me my form had been scanned, I would have to wait in a queue for my case to be reviewed
July called DVLA every other day, no progress
23 July DVLA told me that I needed a medical with a nominated DVLA doctor. I called the doctor, earliest available appointment 6 Aug
6 Aug attended DVLA medical
17 Aug DVLA requested a report from my GP
28 Aug GP returned report to DVLA
29 Aug Licence issued, for 3 years only. I will need another DVLA medical in 3 years, no idea why.

Last edited:
Here is my timescale... LOL - Bloody Covid!

March 5th - D1 form sent to DVLA along with cheque for medical
March 27th - Letter received from DVLA stating no more medicals for 12 weeks after Covid-19 arrived
April 9th - Cheque cleared and money taken
May 3rd - Original date my ban was meant to end
July 2nd - Invitation to Medical letter arrives
July 21st - Medical Exam
July 28th - Called DVLA to be told they had my test results but my GP had been sent a questionnaire
August 28th - GP Questionnaire received back by DVLA, all documents scanned and decision waiting to be made
September 9th - Called DVLA to be told there was no change STILL. Lost my patience and emailed head of Medical, call back to tell me my licence will be reinstated as of midnight
September 10th - LICENCE REINSTATED!!!! YAY!
Only 6 months on!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off