DVLA Medical High Risk Offender Licence Application Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance

Jessicalala

Just thought I'd show the letter that was emailed to my MP with the reason why my licence was revoked, I think it's all bull really. Still waiting to see if my GP has sent her letter yet to say I'm not alcohol dependant. Not really sure why my being on medication for depression is an issue, surely it shows I'm a responsible person who seeks help when I need it??? But a bit of insight so far...Screenshot_20211001-070645_Word.jpg

Polly3

Jessica , from this I’m not reading that the medication for depression is a problem for them ( nor should it be!!). However, it seems that they are saying that as you’ve previously been described as dependent ( I don’t know if you think that this is true) that you need to demonstrate complete abstinence for 12 months, and you have disclosed that you are not abstinent. What I don’t understand is why they issued your licence in the first place before receiving GP info .

I may have course misunderstood everything !!!

Jessicalala

Jessica , from this I’m not reading that the medication for depression is a problem for them ( nor should it be!!). However, it seems that they are saying that as you’ve previously been described as dependent ( I don’t know if you think that this is true) that you need to demonstrate complete abstinence for 12 months, and you have disclosed that you are not abstinent. What I don’t understand is why they issued your licence in the first place before receiving GP info .

I may have course misunderstood everything !!!
Yes, I've gotten the doctor to write that I wasn't dependent, not sure if they've received it yet. I was going through a break up from an 8 year abusive relationship at the time, which the previous doctor knew, so I don't know why it was put as dependent as it was just a release, so misuse! I put that my last drink was three month's before my medical, which was the truth, but if I can go three months abstinence, surely I'm not dependent?! They make it sound black and white, when really it isn't

Polly3

Yes, I've gotten the doctor to write that I wasn't dependent, not sure if they've received it yet. I was going through a break up from an 8 year abusive relationship at the time, which the previous doctor knew, so I don't know why it was put as dependent as it was just a release, so misuse! I put that my last drink was three month's before my medical, which was the truth, but if I can go three months abstinence, surely I'm not dependent?! They make it sound black and white, when really it isn't
Yes. This is the problem re the labels they attach , and in fact with the whole issue of alcohol misuse . Unfortunately the DVLA are determining the yard sticks and any « dependence « however that is defined , needs 12 months abstinence. I’m sure that what you described could not be regarded as dependence per se , so you have to satisfy whatever standard they require in respect of the misuse classification. Good luck with it .

Jessicalala

After 78 tries including pressing the wrong option and having to start the ringing and hanging up process again 😭 my note from the doctor was scanned on the system on Thursday, so hopefully won't be much longer to find out what's happening. Happy Monday to you all

Rayson

After 78 tries including pressing the wrong option and having to start the ringing and hanging up process again 😭 my note from the doctor was scanned on the system on Thursday, so hopefully won't be much longer to find out what's happening. Happy Monday to you all
I think you’ll get your license back by the 14 November if they take the same time as with mine.

Jessicalala

I think you’ll get your license back by the 14 November if they take the same time as with mine.
Depends on if the doctor has written the right thing and if they decide to give it back to me, she wasn't overly clear on what she was actually writing to them... but I've been told my case is still priority, so I'll hopefully find out soon

sillynurse

Depends on if the doctor has written the right thing and if they decide to give it back to me, she wasn't overly clear on what she was actually writing to them... but I've been told my case is still priority, so I'll hopefully find out soon
I've been thinking of you. It's awful to snatch it back off you like that. X

Jessicalala

I've been thinking of you. It's awful to snatch it back off you like that. X
It is, but then I guess it is what it is. I done my ban, paid my fine, done the course and very much learnt my lesson! But hey ho, guess the moral of the story is don't be so stupid to do it in the first place...

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off