DVLA MEDICAL for ex drink driving in 1999 three yr ban. Failure too extract blood.

Convicted Driver Insurance

Northants

Dear Sir,
l am supposed to get a medical every year to renew my licence after it was medically revoked having had a 3 yr ban for drink driving ending in 2002.
Obviously a long time ago. My last one year medically renewable licence ran out in April 2019 (& due to not needing a licence at that time and during the pandemic where l assumed that they were not even doing the medicals) l have not tried to renew it until now. I applied for a new licence and went for the medical approx. two months ago. The "doctor" could only obtain about half the amount required for the specimen to be accepted. He should have known this and not sent it to dvla. DVLA REJECTED the specimen as having insufficient blood to test it properly. It took approx. two months to for another appointment to be done which was yesterday 23rd May & the same doctor could not obtain the sample without causing me great pain by moving the needle around in my arm & although l made some sounds of discomfort l did not refuse the sample and would have continued with giving the sample but he STOPPED taking the specimen and refused to continue. I have had around 30 or more blood samples taken from my arm over the last 7 or more years at my surgery for regular health checks and liver and kidney functions NOT ONCE HAS THE NURSE FAILED TO GET BLOOD FROM MY ARM AND SHE DID SO WITHOUT ANY DELAY OR PAIN WHATSOEVER. Some medical staff have had trouble before obtaining blood but not as l say the practice nurse EVER AT ALL ONCE and maybe it is difficult to get blood from me if it is NOT a skilled practitioner? I was on a medical trial in Oxford and had to regularly give blood and many times nurses there obviously not trained properly couldn't take blood from me and a skilled doctor had to be brought in & they did it first time. Just because he took blood successfully before & after me, that day doesn't mean he is not skilled or competent enough which obviously he is NOT. Now l have to book another appointment which will take more time and l now have a vehicle ready to drive? What happens now am l able to continue to drive? All the best Mickey

The point is surely they are liable for this incompetence. OK, they want me too get a medical & a blood test being 95% of it , has not been able to be completed & its there fault & not mine. So R they allowed legally 2 carry on like this? Making me attend ( at great inconvenience 20 miles away by 2 buses at 9am ) & then causing me pain & not completing the test when my surgery has the results of about 30 plus blood tests over the past 7 yrs showing l have had no alcohol in my blood stream & they can easily perform anothet blood test as they have done faultlessly probably 40 times in the last 10 yrs. All the best Mickey

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off