DVLA MEDICAL CDT TEST

Convicted Driver Insurance

JayJay46

Well Known Member
So after the cock up with wrong information being provided by my doctor stating dependency and not misuse the DVLA have reviewed my case successfully and are now sending me for the CDT test, I have had an upper abdomen scan that shows no liver damage although very slightly fatty, my most recent blood test in august show normal liver functions, I have a further blood test Monday and I have been abstinent for 10 months now is there any reason the CDT levels would not be in the green zone.

Hi Jay,

The CDT test is normally highly accurate at reflecting what it is designed to - current alcohol usage without being influenced by liver damage. If you don't drink, your liver very quickly starts producing near normal transferrins vs CDTs (even non-drinkers have about 1.6% CDT). The faulty transferrins take up to 14 days to leave the system. After 10 months you should be at or near someone who has never had a drink.

The only reason this wouldn't happen would be if you had very rare conditions which falsely elevate CDT. Seeing as you can't change that it's not worth worrying about. From what you have said it is almost certain you will pass.

Remember people are much more likely to post online if they do have problems, or they want to lick their wounds. Probably the large majority who pass tell no-one or almost no-one.

Hi Jay,

The CDT test is normally highly accurate at reflecting what it is designed to - current alcohol usage without being influenced by liver damage. If you don't drink, your liver very quickly starts producing near normal transferrins vs CDTs (even non-drinkers have about 1.6% CDT). The faulty transferrins take up to 14 days to leave the system. After 10 months you should be at or near someone who has never had a drink.

The only reason this wouldn't happen would be if you had very rare conditions which falsely elevate CDT. Seeing as you can't change that it's not worth worrying about. From what you have said it is almost certain you will pass.

Remember people are much more likely to post online if they do have problems, or they want to lick their wounds. Probably the large majority who pass tell no-one or almost no-one.
Thanks very much, that helps

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off