DVLA Medical - Blind+Drink

Convicted Driver Insurance

iwannadriveagain

Hello,

I have been driving for about 4 years passed with only 2 minors.

In Jan 09 I was charged for being over the limit and have to attend a medical as I was just over the threshold (92 - Breath).

I have to go for a medical which I am perfectly ok doing as I never drink usually; it was new years when I was pulled over.

Now the thing I am worried about is that I never declared on the form when applying for my license that I have been blind in one eye since birth.

I’m used to turning my head the little bit more to the right as I have been like this all my life so this is normal to me.

I didn’t want to declare it as I was silly when I was younger and drove around without a license for 2 years (stupid I know I’ve grown up now though) and know I can drive perfectly fine, been driving now for about 5 years, touch wood never had an accident . .I didn’t want to declare though as I was scared they would never let me drive when I know I can drive perfectly fine and it was something I enjoyed doing.

Will they check my eyes at a drink drive medical . . . if they do what will happen if they notice my eye, as it does slightly drift to the right (lazy eye)?

Will they take my driving license away and will I have to do a retest etc... . I think if they did this would be silly as I have been driving perfect for 5 years apart from this drinking incident.

Thanks

As I remember at my medical for failure to provide the doctor just asked me if I wear glasses i said no so he didnt test my eyes.

Hope this helps

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off