DVLA Medical Assessment

Convicted Driver Insurance

noshbox

Hi there,

I was banned for 3 years and I am now able to reapply for my licence but will need to attend the DVLA medical assessment. I'm not too concerned about the assessment as I am not dependant on alcohol and have actually only had a drink twice this year. I do however smoke cannabis and understand this stays in your system for around 30 days.

I'd like to state I am very responsible and would never again drink and drive or ever drive under the influence of narcotics. I do like to wind down on an evening with a smoke though. My question if anyone could be ask kind to help, is whether the DVLA medical assessment includes screening for cannabis? I won't be drinking at all until I have done the assessment but I am concerned whether I should stop smoking cannabis for a good month before reapplying.

I'd like to reiterate that I am very responsible and have matured alot since my conviction, you may disagree with my smoking habit but please refer to my question other than drowning me in your disgust.

Many Thanks

A mate of mine got banned for failing to provide a sample....When he went for his medical he was told to try again in 6 months due to cannabis showing in the results (and that was from using not the best of resin mate). This was years ago and he has recently got his license back but has to have another medical in a years time (am unsure if this is the norm, or is simply because he failed his first medical).

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off