Dvla medical and type 1 diabetes

Convicted Driver Insurance

Annamatcalf

Morning Guys!
I lost my driving licence on 13th September 2017 for 3 years ( second offence and high reading - silly , I know !)
I was waiting for dvla Licence renewal To come through the post 90 days before my ban ends - which was mid June .
however, I never received it so I went to the post office mid July , paid the £95 fee, filled up the application and send it along with my passport as proof of ID!
a week later I received a letter from dvla sending my passport back and saying that my application is now dealt by dvla medical team - that’s fine! But no info about the cdt test ect which was a bit odd I thought...
last week I received another letter with a big fat form asking details about my diabetes, my consultant and Gp details but yet again no mentioning of the cdt?
I am really confused ... from what I read on here everyone tend to get a letter asking to go and do the cdt test? I got two Correspondency back from them and they don’t say a think about my dd medical exam

Thanks in advance for your help and advise !

The CDT test may come later, but if there is a problem with your diabetes then that is their primary concern s they are enquiring about that first.
have you read the guidelines on diabetes and driving?

Yes, I do know the diabetes guidelines and my diabetes is well managed so I was just concerned that they haven’t mentioned anything about the cdt test

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off