DVLA Medical and my timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
Will ring them wen I get in then. I ordered milk thistle yesterday they will prob get here 2 Moro or Tuesday. Yeah I'm def feeling the lemon 2day so just been on water. Think I overdosed on it lol. My other half hates marmite, so it been like man repellent. Will let u know what doctors say. Thanks for bein so helpful

Will ring them wen I get in then. I ordered milk thistle yesterday they will prob get here 2 Moro or Tuesday. Yeah I'm def feeling the lemon 2day so just been on water. Think I overdosed on it lol. My other half hates marmite, so it been like man repellent. Will let u know what doctors say. Thanks for bein so helpful

No problem. I'm glad to be of some help.

Your other half is very wise...Marmite sucks!! ?

You need to understand that Milk Thistle will make absolutely no difference towards reducing your CDT levels. Milk Thistle was beneficial towards the old liver function tests that the DVLA previously used; but they have been replaced exclusively with the CDT test.

Exercise, lemon juice, marmite, peanut butter; nothing will help with regards to reducing your CDT levels, except for time.

The enzyme and biomarkers are in your blood.

M

Oh Jesus lol. Rang and made appointment it's on 31st may. So I think I should be ok. Have had all them months prior to my 1st test. So it's just the 3 weeks I've been not behaving according to guidelines. I've got 4 weeks n 3 days of drinking water. Do u think I will pass

Four weeks off booze seems to be enough to pass from what people have reported on this site.

They say between 4 to 12 weeks, but 4 is proving to be the norm, and 12 the exception.

By the way, all the other stuff is still good for your health; so it won't hurt to try it.

Just make sure you stay off the booze between now and medical day, and based on everyone else's accounts and experiences you should be okay.

Good luck.

M

Oh Jesus lol. Rang and made appointment it's on 31st may. So I think I should be ok. Have had all them months prior to my 1st test. So it's just the 3 weeks I've been not behaving according to guidelines. I've got 4 weeks n 3 days of drinking water. Do u think I will pass

Don't panic!!
You couldn't have made an appointment any later anyway, so a good result with regard to your appointment date! (with a letter date of April 20, the last day would have been June 1st!). Stay off the drink completely. There's not too much else to do about it now. Stay positive, it could well be enough time . I had less time and was ok. Another poster had just under 4 weeks dry and got a reading of 0.9%. Keep in touch if you need support. ?

Last edited:
Hi, I was looking at this for advice and took heed. I went to court to get my bank reduced from 3 years, I went to court and they gave me my licence back there and then. I then had to do the HRO exam.
I did the exam and didn't drink for 6 weeks.
Took the medical and told the doctor everything.
They took blood, did a quick eye test, checked liver and kidneys. Asked lots of questions, even questioned if I was me as my passport picture was me having a shaved head and now I have longer hair (not long)
She took down my scars and tattoos.
All was well, dvla received the the blood test and uploaded it in 4 days. (Went on Thursday and by Monday it was uploaded) they never gave me my results but received a letter stating they needed more information from my doctor, and they had wrote to them.
The doctor received it a week later but my doctor was away.
I called my doctor everyday to be met by the dreaded receptionist, which kept saying they have 6 weeks to do it in. I persisted calling everyday and this was done in 3 weeks.
I paid for them to fax it as they had sent it via post. This can take up to 6 weeks to upload so I got them to fax it.
They faxed it and I thought that was that.
I phoned dvla a few days later for them to say it has been uploaded and are missing questions 1-5 so they sent a letter to my doctor.
Phoned doctors same day, and got them to fax again. 2 days later and voila, licence reissued.

Well finally after 112 days from my application in Mid August I checked yesterday and my license is now full with all pre HGV categories.
Time line
19/08/2016 sent off application
22/09/2016 (approx) letter to make medical appointment.
21/10/2016 Medical
09/12/2016 License reinstated

Forty nines days from medical to license.

Hi, hoping for some info.
I had my HRO medical examination almost two weeks ago, today I received a letter from the dvla stating they’ve got my results (but didn’t list them in the letter) And are contacting my GP for further medial information and this may take 4 weeks and once they get a reply they will make a decision. Is this common? And does this mean I’ve not failed the medical as they’d surly just say that rather than contact my GP?
My ban was up a few weeks ago but can’t drive untill this medical is cleared.
I’ve hardly ever been to my GP for anything especially nothing alcohol related, I drink most weekends but never during the week so I can’t see how they’d deem me unfit to drive, fingers crossed I get the all clear to drive ASAP. Thanks for any replies in Advance and I’ll update on here with how it goes.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off