DVLA medical and librium

Convicted Driver Insurance

steeleyc

I was banned over 2 years ago and classed as a hro. I had been drinking heavily up until 6 months ago. I was prescribed librium and compound b at that time. To be honest I only took 1 of the librium pills and didn't need anymore. I've not touched a drink since. My question is with that prescription on my medical records, should I wait another 6 months? Im confident I'll pass the bloods and physical tests.

You should contact your GP surgery or ask for a copy of your health records under GDPR. Very likely they will either class you as misusing alcohol or depending on alcohol.

If that is on your health record the DVLA will not grant you a licence unless you can prove six months of controlled drinking for misuse, or a year of abstinence for dependence. If they have recorded dependence you are quite right that you should wait a year before applying, because if they refuse they will likely ask you to wait a year before applying again.

The final thing is that if you have told the doctor you only took one tablet be sure it is recorded that you didn't need them. One of the things the DVLA will be looking for is compliance with treatment and you don't want to leave any doubt that you didn't take them because they were unnecessary.

You should contact your GP surgery or ask for a copy of your health records under GDPR. Very likely they will either class you as misusing alcohol or depending on alcohol.

If that is on your health record the DVLA will not grant you a licence unless you can prove six months of controlled drinking for misuse, or a year of abstinence for dependence. If they have recorded dependence you are quite right that you should wait a year before applying, because if they refuse they will likely ask you to wait a year before applying again.

The final thing is that if you have told the doctor you only took one tablet be sure it is recorded that you didn't need them. One of the things the DVLA will be looking for is compliance with treatment and you don't want to leave any doubt that you didn't take them because they were unnecessary.

Thanks for this. Hopefully there's no record stating dependence

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off