DVLA medical, alcohol dependant

Convicted Driver Insurance
I don't think the DVLA are going to roll over on this one Overthinker, their guidelines are strict with 12 months of abstinence. If you have admitted to taking a drink within the 12 months then the date of your 12 months of abstinence starts all over again from the date of this, even if it's only 2 cans this is still a break in the period of abstinance with the DVLA. All I can advise you on is in future to be very careful how you word things to your doctor as you can see I learned that the hard way and had to work to un-do my mistake but it can be done. You can challenge anything you don't agree with on your medical history when it comes to a psychiatric diagnosis, which alcohol problems are, nothing is set in stone. Challenge it to your GP and don't back down! Unfortunately once the DVLA have seen dependence reported to them even once they will treat you as dependant going forward. Keep up the good work of staying off the booze and in future if you have a small slip like 1 or 2 beers I would not report this to your GP, although if you completely fall of the wagon forget about the DVLA and seek help. See your GP once a month between now and December and keep a good log of your sobriety. Best of luck!!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off