DVLA DRINK DRIVING MEDICAL & DRUGS?

Convicted Driver Insurance

LuK2007

Hi All,

Just hoping I could get a little advice, maybe from someone who has been in this same predicament.

I was banned for failing to provide a specimen of breath last year and am now "unbanned" but have the medical tomorrow.

I havent drunk anything alcoholic since July 11th last month, and never drink heavily before that anyway. I believe I will pass this side of things.

Im just wondering though does EVERY DVLA Medical involve a URINE test? I know that they all encompass the blood test.

The reason Im asking this is because I smoked a joint Thursday last week and smoked another 1 around a week before that.

Do they ALWAYS test for drugs? Im 6ft average build and quite healthy but I believe cannabis can stay in the system for around 30 days!

I have had mix reviews when researching some say they always test for drugs and some say never.

Does anyone actually know?

Thanks for any advice...

Medicals for drink driving do not involve a urine sample, unless there is some indication of drug abuse as well.
you will be asked to complete a questionnaire about your lifestyle,and they take it from there.

Hi price, thanks for your advice. They would have no reason to believe I have smoked any drugs or took any other illegal drugs. Are you absolutely sure on your answer? They won't just randomly ask for a urine test?

Sorry to just jump on.. I had my medical a few weeks ago and iv just rand the dvla for an update and they said they have wrote to the doctor that did the medical for more info.. Does anyone know why they would write to that doctor instead of my own? Thanks in advance x

Hi All,

Just hoping I could get a little advice, maybe from someone who has been in this same predicament.

I was banned for failing to provide a specimen of breath last year and am now "unbanned" but have the medical tomorrow.

I havent drunk anything alcoholic since July 11th last month, and never drink heavily before that anyway. I believe I will pass this side of things.

Im just wondering though does EVERY DVLA Medical involve a URINE test? I know that they all encompass the blood test.

The reason Im asking this is because I smoked a joint Thursday last week and smoked another 1 around a week before that.

Do they ALWAYS test for drugs? Im 6ft average build and quite healthy but I believe cannabis can stay in the system for around 30 days!

I have had mix reviews when researching some say they always test for drugs and some say never.

Does anyone actually know?

Thanks for any advice...

So you've been for your medical now, did you have a urine test? How did it go?
As you pointed out, finding good information is hard, and even harder when the last page of the book you're reading is missing.........

So you've been for your medical now, did you have a urine test? How did it go?
As you pointed out, finding good information is hard, and even harder when the last page of the book you're reading is missing.........

As the OP was only here to help himself (!) I'll add that I had the medical last week and can confirm no drug test, no urine test of any kind. Obviously I answered no to all questions.

This comment by UKLEGENDMAN is perfect:

"Price speaks the truth, done the medical last month, no urine test, just blood.

Chillax you will be fine if you stay off the booze and tell them what they want to hear."

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off