Dvla descicion review

Convicted Driver Insurance

JayJay46

Well Known Member
I received a letter on the 26/09/18 informing me that my licence application was refused, this was based on information received from my GP on the M2 questionnaire, stating that I had been dependant on alcohol in the last 3 years, (although there were two other pieces of incorrect information on the form) I brought this to my GPs attention and she faxed them a rectification letter on the same date I received the refusal letter, this fax corrects the information stating there has not been any dependency in the last 3 years and that I have never been dependant, this has been marked high priority, does anyone know how long it takes for them to review this, they received the fax and it was scanned on to the system on the 27/09/18. Thanks

You are best really asking the DVLA. It is, as you can probably guess, a fairly unusual situation, normally the only way to challenge a DVLA decision is to go to magistrates court. Obviously in this case as it is your doctors mistake it is sensible they review it internally but it isn't a common procedure.

My best guess is that they will ask your GP for a copy of your summary care record. This is basically a print off showing two things, a detailed list of every medication you are on and all your recent appointments, phone calls etc. with the GPs notes for each. Each appointment will have about a paragraph which is what you see the GP typing when you are there.

It will also list any serious health conditions for your whole life.

If you haven't been to your GP or A&E for any alcohol related reasons, and the alcohol dependence was the only reason they refused your licence, then they should issue you with one. The SCR can be printed immediately by your GP but the DVLA seldom do anything immediately unfortunately.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off