Dvla contacting your gp

Convicted Driver Insurance
How long did you stop drinking before your medical?

11 days in total but I am not a big drinker, only socially drink on the weekends and just stuck to the guidelines of no more than 6 units within one sitting and not going over 14 units

11 days in total but I am not a big drinker, only socially drink on the weekends and just stuck to the guidelines of no more than 6 units within one sitting and not going over 14 units

hi did you told them you drank over 6 units in the questionnaire ? i have said i drank 8 units 3 weeks before medical and worried they may contact my GP

hi did you told them you drank over 6 units in the questionnaire ? i have said i drank 8 units 3 weeks before medical and worried they may contact my GP

min the questionnaire I told them that I had drank more than 6 units once in 12 months

I put the date of my last drink down which was asingle gin and two small glasses of wine

I was 11 days without a drink and I was honest about that I said I drank socially around 4 units in a sitting usually and no more than the government recommended amount for the week

Seems to be very random why the DVLA contact your GP at the moment, I would throw caution to the wind and have an appointment with the GP just to be safe. Explain you are reapplying for licence and that you wanted to reassure the GP that there were no alcohol or medical issues should the DVLA contact them. If they don't contact your GP then you've possibly wasted a few hours of your life, if they do contact the GP and they say something they shouldn't then it can take weeks/months of your life....

spoke to my GP and as expected, they have confirmed there is no red flags on my record. With a straight forward health history he advised any DVLA form sent to them would be completed in minutes.

The only thing is they don’t prioritise these so could take up to 4 weeks.

If that’s the case, then I think I would call the GP and plead with them to get it done quicker.

of course, it might never come to this, but all I’ll be is honest at my medical and if they need to contact my GP then so be it.

thanks for the advice.

The GP questionnaire asks about history of drinking for 6 years. However, if it is relevant they do look at further back than this. Why are you worried? What is your current alcohol situation? If you have had your medical, DVLA may decide to write to your GP. This will consist of a questionnaire about your Drink history, they may also enquire about mental health as well - depending on the medical and your answers to questions. If there is no current situation with alcohol I would suggest contacting your GP to ensure your records are up to date. The GP is under obligation to report what they know/what they think they know, so if your records are not updated it could cause issues in getting your licence back.

The GP questionnaire asks about history of drinking for 6 years. However, if it is relevant they do look at further back than this. Why are you worried? What is your current alcohol situation? If you have had your medical, DVLA may decide to write to your GP. This will consist of a questionnaire about your Drink history, they may also enquire about mental health as well - depending on the medical and your answers to questions. If there is no current situation with alcohol I would suggest contacting your GP to ensure your records are up to date. The GP is under obligation to report what they know/what they think they know, so if your records are not updated it could cause issues in getting your licence back.
Hi there,ah I dont drink hardly anything anymore I will have a glass of wine if I go out for a meal with parents and my daughter, I spoke to my gp on Tuesday and she has told me I have nothing to worry about there is nothing on my record to stop me getting my licence back I do suffer with anxiety think this is why im probably over reacting to the situation, I fo take antidepressants but these have no effect on my driving abilities as she's said, juat concerned if they do decide to go back further im desperate to get my car back I have a disabled daughter whos life has been ruined by my stupid mistake life's real tough atm it nearly broke me I have learned a very valuable lesson the very hard way x thank you for replying

Hi there,ah I dont drink hardly anything anymore I will have a glass of wine if I go out for a meal with parents and my daughter, I spoke to my gp on Tuesday and she has told me I have nothing to worry about there is nothing on my record to stop me getting my licence back I do suffer with anxiety think this is why im probably over reacting to the situation, I fo take antidepressants but these have no effect on my driving abilities as she's said, juat concerned if they do decide to go back further im desperate to get my car back I have a disabled daughter whos life has been ruined by my stupid mistake life's real tough atm it nearly broke me I have learned a very valuable lesson the very hard way x thank you for replying
Plus I was never dependent on alcohol

Although the DVLA questionairre only pertains to the last 6 years. If you say went to your doctor for alcohol dependence 15 years ago, but did not resolve the issue and log a date you last drank and did not seek any treatment such as the adult mental health services, AA, counselling or the addiction services then it would still be considered an "ongoing" health condition. Although the last time they were seen for it was 6 years ago it isn't a "resolved" condition until it's treated, the patient logs that the no longer consume alcohol and blood results return to the normal range. The same goes for misuse only it isn't "resolved" until you've told the doctor that you have cut down to within the guidelines.

This is why it's very important to have your GP on your side and to make them well aware to expect the questionnaire. Your doctor is on your side and has assured you that there's nothing bad on your record so you will be okay. It's the doctors who aren't aware of the situation that go the whole way back.

Although the DVLA questionairre only pertains to the last 6 years. If you say went to your doctor for alcohol dependence 15 years ago, but did not resolve the issue and log a date you last drank and did not seek any treatment such as the adult mental health services, AA, counselling or the addiction services then it would still be considered an "ongoing" health condition. Although the last time they were seen for it was 6 years ago it isn't a "resolved" condition until it's treated, the patient logs that the no longer consume alcohol and blood results return to the normal range. The same goes for misuse only it isn't "resolved" until you've told the doctor that you have cut down to within the guidelines.

This is why it's very important to have your GP on your side and to make them well aware to expect the questionnaire. Your doctor is on your side and has assured you that there's nothing bad on your record so you will be okay. It's the doctors who aren't aware of the situation that go the whole way back.
Thank you very much im probably over thinking AGAIN xx I have my medical on the 8th my last drink was on the 14th of November and thats just my drinking pattern not abstaining for medical I only drink on an occasion now been the worse thing I've ever bloody been throughcc

Just to let everyone know,I've managed to get an email back today from dvla,after they requested further information, as I declared previous alcohol misuse or dependency, and mental health, which is mild anxiety, and they are contacting my gp prior to offering me a medical...fingers crossed that my gp is supportive of my application..then I can be offered a medical!
How far back do they ask for you to declare

When did you apply? I have heavy drinking on medical file and I've been prescribed anti depressants I put this on the form they have cashed.cheque but haven't heard anything back and the number to call them is not in use Ive been waiting 5 weeks
How long ago wer these on your records they only ask for 6 years back? Xx

I’ve had my Dvla medical and my gp forms returned to the DVLA. They want further examinations, is thet due to not doing a eye test or what sort of further information are they looking for if they have already don’t my CDT and the CDT came to 0.5% and my go has no records of any dependency through drink or drugs? - I can’t find a post anywhere about this or anyone who has had the CDT - GP FORMS AND STILL THE DVLA ASKINg THEM FOR FURTHER INFORMATION- this is so ****ING LONGGGG

all I can think is there must be a red flag somewhere or something making them question it, usually it’s a medical, letter sent to GP etc, your GP must have returned something on the form that raised a flag? Give your GP a call or the DVLA. You are more than entitled to know!

all I can think is there must be a red flag somewhere or something making them question it, usually it’s a medical, letter sent to GP etc, your GP must have returned something on the form that raised a flag? Give your GP a call or the DVLA. You are more than entitled to know!

This might just be a query that can be resolved over the phone with the GP and DVLA. For your info the DVLA medical team are off until next Monday (4th).

CJ

This might just be a query that can be resolved over the phone with the GP and DVLA. For your info the DVLA medical team are off until next Monday (4th).

CJ

CJ
How do you know this? Is it because of Christmas and new year? Thank you

CJ
How do you know this,my ban is up Friday so im guessing I won't be hearing before then?
Thank you

Mine is up on 10th Jan.....I thought someone on here said they were open yesterday and today.....may have misread.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off