DVLA Contacting GP for HRO

Convicted Driver Insurance

firemansam007

Well Known Member
Hi,

Thanks for this great forum which is really helpful. I have a general question regarding DVLA contacting GP after HRO Medical.

Is there are any criteria where DVLA will contact GP, i am aware that if the CDT levels are above 1.99 they will get in touch with GP to find out if there are any issues with Alcohol dependency and misuse.

Will DVLA contact GP even if the CDT levels are normal. I heard someone saying if there was an accident/collision associated with the Drink drive offence then DVLA will contact GP regardless of the CDT levels.

Any advise would be highly appreciable.

Thanks,

Sam

As a high risk offender the DVLA consider the following.

a) Your CDT test. Normally 2.3-2.9% they contact your GP.
b) The questionnaire the doctor at your medical fills out.
c) Any other tests they want to carry out.

So they can contact your GP for any reason or indeed very little reason at all. In my experience it is entirely arbitrary. I have a medical licence because I am on anti-epileptic meds. Some years my licence is waved through. One year I was sent for a full on illegal drugs test. I have no idea how they choose what tests, although they've always granted the licence eventually.

However, passing the CDT test will greatly reduce the chance of them making further enquiries.

As a high risk offender the DVLA consider the following.

a) Your CDT test. Normally 2.3-2.9% they contact your GP.
b) The questionnaire the doctor at your medical fills out.
c) Any other tests they want to carry out.

So they can contact your GP for any reason or indeed very little reason at all. In my experience it is entirely arbitrary. I have a medical licence because I am on anti-epileptic meds. Some years my licence is waved through. One year I was sent for a full on illegal drugs test. I have no idea how they choose what tests, although they've always granted the licence eventually.

However, passing the CDT test will greatly reduce the chance of them making further enquiries.
Thank you TipsyNurse. My CDT levels were 1% when i did a MediChecks test 2 weeks ago, so hopefully should be ok.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off