DVLA banned me for longer than I thought the Court said

Convicted Driver Insurance
Court has come back and ‘confirmed’ it was 36 months but don’t have a reason why it was outside of guidelines. There’s nothing I can do.

But have you followed it up with an enquiry with the CPS to see what they wrote on the case file?

They would not normally look up their records for you, but if you explained the problem you have I think they will.

Well done! You have the reference in my previous post about the relevant section in the Magistrates court Act that should be used to require the court to have a hearing and amend the result on their files…. I doubt they will just agree to alter the court register without having an actual hearing

Well done! You have the reference in my previous post about the relevant section in the Magistrates court Act that should be used to require the court to have a hearing and amend the result on their files…. I doubt they will just agree to alter the court register without having an actual hearing
Thanks, you’ve been amazing during all this!

They just rang to say they will alter the record 😁 Thanks for your advice and guidance, you were invaluable! 🙂

It begs the question at to who was told they would get a 36 month ban, and then their court record and DVLA were recording 20 months…… but that is not your concern!
I think the court were very helpful by accepting that they had made a mistake and correcting it without a hearing, but I suppose it not only saves the court time, but the embarrassment of having to admit the fault in open court.

I would check in a few weeks to make sure that the DVLA online licence check reflects the correct length because the court have notified them, otherwise that will start more work up for you to get it synchronises.
I was glad to be able to help you with this. Much of the advice I give on here is fairly straightforward for me because of the experience I have, but this did require quite a bit of thought to work out what to advise you to do to get the proper result.

It begs the question at to who was told they would get a 36 month ban, and then their court record and DVLA were recording 20 months…… but that is not your concern!
I think the court were very helpful by accepting that they had made a mistake and correcting it without a hearing, but I suppose it not only saves the court time, but the embarrassment of having to admit the fault in open court.

I would check in a few weeks to make sure that the DVLA online licence check reflects the correct length because the court have notified them, otherwise that will start more work up for you to get it synchronises.
I was glad to be able to help you with this. Much of the advice I give on here is fairly straightforward for me because of the experience I have, but this did require quite a bit of thought to work out what to advise you to do to get the proper result.
Lol I know I wondered that too tho I imagine whoever got my 20 months is keeping extremely quiet about it. Maybe they’ll bob up on here if the Court tries to change it back to 36 months! Thanks again for your help and the work you do on this forum, and I hope my little puzzle was an interesting change 🙂 I will check DVLA as you suggested.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off