Dvla already know about alchol missuse

Convicted Driver Insurance

Swill94

Hello, just wondering if anyone can tell me of a likely outcome.

Long story short, I was banned from driving for 3 years in 2016 and classed as a HRO. A short space of time between that meaning a couple of weeks, I was asked by my a social worker to do an audit. Which I did and they told me that I was misusing alchol and that I should visit my gp and she would be informing the dvla. I hold my hands up, I was drinking more than what the goverment guidelines were at that time. And to be honest last thing I wanted to do was annoy the social worker in any way.

So I went to see the doctors and explained the situation. And of course he wrote on my notes that I had missused alcohol. And that was pretty much the end of it other than general other health questions.

Now, I know the dvla have a copy of the audit I signed and also it's on my notes. And obviously I have to declare on the dr1 form about my history of missuse. Which is what i am going to do because they will find out from investigations anyway.

My question is that this was 4 years ago now and I have not seen a doctor since. The only thing I have done is filled out a basic questionaire to register to the new practice when I moved house a 2 years ago. On the questionaire i put that my alchol intake was within the goverment guidelines which was true back then and that's the last and most recent documented. I have not had a drink for almost a year so the cdt is not a worry for me or any other questions they may ask. I stopped drinking for financial reasons and out of choice haven't touch one since.

It's the six months of controlled drinking or absistance I need to show which I have just found out about that I'm struggling with. Will the doctor believe anything I'm saying or that I'm just saying it to get my licence back. Or do I not speak to the doctor and just let it play it's own course because I will have not told any lies to be found out about anyway.

Could anyone give me any guidance please? Thanks for your time.

Yes you will need to see your GP regardless of your medical notes which will put you in the misuse catergory, the reason for seeing your GP is when you will apply for your D1 he/she will need to confirm that you are medically fit to drive and therefore when a DD2 is sent out to your GP then they will be able to fill this in correctly, seeing your GP is very important even though they have the necessary medical information because in the last four years anything could of happened, they may give you a medical examination.....

Thanks for your reply. I shall give them a call tomorrow morning and try get booked in. Do you by any chance know what I would put in the date for last seen gp (for this condition) part. Would that be the date of the missuse or seeing for the for fitness to drive?

When you see your GP with a new appointment then discuss your application for your driving licence and explain you need support in applying for it, (for this condition) you can then put the new date that DVLA will happily accept......for fitness to drive and alcohol misuse, your GP will then know what to put when DVLA send out a DD2, any mental health problems ?

I suppose a more recent date could actually help my case in some ways. No I've never had any health problems. The only things their has ever been is the driving ban which I was given 3 years because there was alot of charges against me, not just the drink part and social services doing the audit but they never asked about mental health and once I told them I'd been to my gp like they said to I've never heard from them since. My inner self is telling me that it was the court that asked them to do it or the police because on the day of sentencing, my solicitor explained that my girlfriend and I were expecting very soon to try and help my case. I maybe wrong but anyway that part is done and I cant change it.

I suppose a more recent date could actually help my case in some ways. No I've never had any health problems. The only things their has ever been is the driving ban which I was given 3 years because there was alot of charges against me, not just the drink part and social services doing the audit but they never asked about mental health and once I told them I'd been to my gp like they said to I've never heard from them since. My inner self is telling me that it was the court that asked them to do it or the police because on the day of sentencing, my solicitor explained that my girlfriend and I were expecting very soon to try and help my case. I maybe wrong but anyway that part is done and I cant change it.
Ok, this will be a case of DVLA writing out to your GP with a DD2, once alcohol misuse is confirmed by DVLA it will be a straightforward case of 6 months of controlled drinking documented with your GP, if you had been seeing your GP prior to this then you could of registered your controlled drinking and therefore your licence may have been returned early, as it stands now you have to prove 6 months of medical evidence, and if you can ask your GP for a liver function test to prove your point, this will reinforce your medical evidence......keep us posted......

Been ringing the doctors the last few days but been unable to get a phone appointment with everything with the coronavirus etc. Rang again today and their was a spare appointment for me. So got the phone call today, explained the situation and how I was a hro and said about showing controlled drinking for six months when I haven't been to the doctor at all since. She then looked on my alcohol history and said that their is no detailed coding record of any alchol intake since 2009 apart from the questionaire I filled in. I said that I dont drink and its what I will be putting on the form when I go but I was concerned what was on my medical history if dvla decided to investigate because I wanted to be truthful in writing the dr1. She said theirs nothing on my record to suggest any missuse or dependance at all. She suggested that I ring the dvla and ask them about the criteria they want and if they need anything to get in touch with her (which I'm guessing is the DD2) also that their is nothing that tells her that I am unfit to drive. So now I have absolutely no idea what to do because I did go to the doctors about it and also I know social services reported it to dvla.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off