Convicted Driver Insurance

Compare quotes from leading covicted driver insurance specialists in the UK

Get Quotes

Study sponsored by Department of Transport looking for people who have been caught drink driving to take part in telephone interview. More details here.

DUI problem for a permanent resident?


New member
I don’t know if this is a stupid question, but I have to ask it anyway. I am a Canadian permanent resident, working in US for past 2 years under a work permit. About a year and a half, I got a DUI here in US. Now my work permit is going to expire and I want to move back to Canada using my permanent residency. I have heard that someone with a DUI will not be allowed to enter Canada. When I talked with a dui lawyer from Toronto, named Kostman & Pyzer Barristers, they said DUI does not affect PRs. Is that true? Will the DUI I got from US about 18 months affect my moving to Canada? I just need a confirmation or any sort of advice.Any help is appreciated.