dui charge.

Convicted Driver Insurance

diddz33

hey all im just wondering if anybody can give me peace of mind i crashed my car into a post last week was pulled by police and blew 50 on the breath test limit is 35 im now crapping myself as i work as a driver technition for the British red cross so obviously need my licence i also have a wife that works and 3 young children and a baby due in september and would be crippled without transport its my first offence and im just wondering if theres any chance i can avoid a ban cus if i dt i will lose my job and my family will struggle im in such a mess right now i need to wake from this nightmare. many thanks david.

Drink Driving Penalty
Details of offence as provided by you:
  • Specimen Type: breath
  • Alcohol Level: between 36 and 59
  • No previous drink driving related convictions within the proceeding 10 years
  • You have not been disqualified two or more times for 56 days or more within the proceeding 3 years
Based on the information you provided above, upon conviction of driving with excess alcohol, Magistrates' sentencing guidelines suggest:
Drink Driving Rehabilitation Course
All courts usually offer first time offenders the opportunity to take the drink driving rehabilitation course. A court may allow an offender to take the course a second time where there is a good reason to do so. Offenders will not usually be offered a chance to take the course for a third time. Completing the course can reduce any disqualification period imposed by up to 25%.
Enter New Information

Drink Driving Penalty
Details of offence as provided by you:
  • Specimen Type: breath
  • Alcohol Level: between 36 and 59
  • No previous drink driving related convictions within the proceeding 10 years
  • You have not been disqualified two or more times for 56 days or more within the proceeding 3 years
Based on the information you provided above, upon conviction of driving with excess alcohol, Magistrates' sentencing guidelines suggest:
Drink Driving Rehabilitation Course
All courts usually offer first time offenders the opportunity to take the drink driving rehabilitation course. A court may allow an offender to take the course a second time where there is a good reason to do so. Offenders will not usually be offered a chance to take the course for a third time. Completing the course can reduce any disqualification period imposed by up to 25%.
Enter New Information
thought as much thanks for reply be nice if there was a way to fight the ban but seems inevitable.

Don't forget to ask for your drink drive course this will reduce your ban, do ask for it at court as when you leave the courtroom it cannot be asked for later, sorry for the bad news, hopefully you will get 12 months reduce to 9 with the drink drive course......

Can we just check that you have been done for drink driving? It is becoming more common these days that if the police arrive and have not seen you driving (even though you obviously have) that they just charge you with ‘drunk in charge’.
Then is under section 4 rather than section 5,
the difference being that the magistrates can decide to only award 10 points rather than a minimum 12 month ban for the ‘in charge’ offence

Can we just check that you have been done for drink driving? It is becoming more common these days that if the police arrive and have not seen you driving (even though you obviously have) that they just charge you with ‘drunk in charge’.
Then is under section 4 rather than section 5,
the difference being that the magistrates can decide to only award 10 points rather than a minimum 12 month ban for the ‘in charge’ offence
hi thing is i crashed where theres more than likely cameras they didnt actually see me driving but i admitted it, i just wish there was smway of getting away lightly god knows i learned my lesson ive also read that if you blow 40 to 50 there suppose to offer a blood test,my life is completely ruined because of this.

So to confirm that you have been charged under section 5 - drink driving?
The option of a blood sample if you blew between 40-50 was abolished several years ago.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off