Drunk In Charge - second offence

Convicted Driver Insurance
I don't have a bike. Yeah I guess it's an idea, but it's quite a long commute. I might look at e-bikes
Might do a bike to work scheme in work which means you can pay monthly. Keeps you fit and healthy too.

Yeah I thought about ringing too, but hopefully they've lost my blood sample. I'm trying to get sorted, so the thought of prison is freaking me out big time

Yeah I thought about ringing too, but hopefully they've lost my blood sample. I'm trying to get sorted, so the thought of prison is freaking me out big time
As many have mentioned you are unlikely to go to prison. But I am fully waiting for the letter and to be charged, even though they are slow they seem to be on the ball. I havent read a single case of someone being over the limit and then them not being charged in time.

Im still none the wiser as to what I am facing here based on the replies. Points? Ban? Length of ban?? Who knows. I guess it won't be prison. I wasn't actually driving for a start...

Im still none the wiser as to what I am facing here based on the replies. Points? Ban? Length of ban?? Who knows. I guess it won't be prison. I wasn't actually driving for a start...

We won't really know what you're facing until you are charged. Drunk in charge can carry points but usually for a first offence. Will have a better picture to advise once you are charged.

We won't really know what you're facing until you are charged. Drunk in charge can carry points but usually for a first offence. Will have a better picture to advise once you are charged.

Cheers, fair enough. I'm assuming it will be drunk in charge. I'm finding the whole thing a drag

Hi Johnny, mine went over the 6 months and they dropped the case. Guess I was lucky, fingers crossed for you, all the best

My charge has finally arrived today as follows:

In charge of motor vehicle - alcohol level above limit.

255 milligrams of alcohol in 100 millilitres of blood (contrary to section 5(1)(b) of the Road Traffic Act 1988 and Schedule 2 to the Road Traffic Offenders Act 1988.

Any thoughts?

255 milligrams of alcohol in 100 millilitres of blood (contrary to section 5(1)(b) of the Road Traffic Act 1988 and Schedule 2 to the Road Traffic Offenders Act 1988.

Any thoughts?
I can’t comment on your case but my friend was done for being drunk in charge of a vehicle on a pub car park .
He had 4 pints of Guinness in his system .

It was his first offence and he got 10 points and a fine . No ban .

I can’t comment on your case but my friend was done for being drunk in charge of a vehicle on a pub car park .
He had 4 pints of Guinness in his system .

It was his first offence and he got 10 points and a fine . No ban .
Oh ok. This is my second offence. The last one was over 4 years ago

Any thoughts?
The guidelines for your reading is a ban of up to 6 months, or a fine, but maybe a community penalty.
BUT they can take aggravating factors into account, and one of those would certainly be a recent similar conviction.
so they could elevate this to the next tier which is a ban of 6-12 months, a community penalty or even prison (although the latter is most unusual)
You would so face a medical before you can get your licence back as your reading was 200+.
It could well be worth getting a solicitor to mitigate for you. I do not always advocate this, as people can speak for themselves well if they write it down in advance, but given the range of punishment that the magistrates will have to consider in your case it could be money well spent. (But only look to spend £3-400)

The guidelines for your reading is a ban of up to 6 months, or a fine, but maybe a community penalty.
BUT they can take aggravating factors into account, and one of those would certainly be a recent similar conviction.
so they could elevate this to the next tier which is a ban of 6-12 months, a community penalty or even prison (although the latter is most unusual)
You would so face a medical before you can get your licence back as your reading was 200+.
It could well be worth getting a solicitor to mitigate for you. I do not always advocate this, as people can speak for themselves well if they write it down in advance, but given the range of punishment that the magistrates will have to consider in your case it could be money well spent. (But only look to spend £3-400)
Hi John,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. It has been such a worry for me, esp my high reading. I've been very unwell this year and obviously this has made things much harder. I am prepared to lose my licence for a year and a fine. I guess I will just have to see what happens. I have got a solicitor so hopefully it won't be to tough on me, I am at breaking point with all the stress!

Just a quick update. So I went to court, but because of a more recent incident (also drunk in charge) it has been adjourned. I have a drink problem that I'm currently dealing with, going to AA etc. I wonder how this will effect my sentence? Both are going to be dealt with in one hearing I hope

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off