Drunk driving while already disqualified

Convicted Driver Insurance
Hey SC it’s no problem at all. There is often no better therapy than talking.

Funnily enough I know what all of this like, from both sides of the coin would you believe (perhaps my own karma for being there first); so here to lend an ear whenever you need. :)

Last edited:
We all make mistakes and some of us do it more than once to fall in the HRO bracket.

I am never one to be critical of anyone, live and let live is a great motto.

It is difficult for me to get my head around a person, not only driving on a ban, but drunk, on a ban, cause an accident & then try and run away !! He could not have made his situation worse if he tried - could he ?

Surely "Prisons" were invented for this sort of behaviour ??

Where other forms of Punishment / Rehabilitation have clearly failed, just not working to keep our community safe from these repeat offenders with a clear disregard for the rules.

We all make mistakes and some of us do it more than once to fall in the HRO bracket.

It is difficult for me to get my head around a person, not only driving on a ban, but drunk, on a ban, cause an accident & then try and run away !! He could not have made his situation worse if he tried - could he ?

Where other forms of Punishment / Rehabilitation have clearly failed, just not working to keep our community safe from these repeat offenders with a clear disregard for the rules.
I know full well that what he's done is ridiculous. Thanks for the input, and I'm under no delusions as to what the outcome might be, however your brand of 'support' is not what I'm looking for.

Not sure if you are/have been an alcoholic CDT123, but if you haven't then you have no idea the stupid things that alcoholics do that seem perfectly normal and rational to them at the time.

The compulsion to drink, the craving set up by that first drink, is so overriding that you don't care about anything else.

So I can understand all the things that ScaredyCat's partner has done.

It does not excuse them.

I was 5 months sober after my first ban and found myself deciding for no reason I knew off to go and get a half bottle of vodka and a Kentucky Fried Chicken, take it home and drink and eat it.

3 hours later I didn't feel like another Kentucky Fried Chicken but I was desperate for more alcohol, and over a period of a few months went on a downward spiral eventually resulting in me losing my licence for the 2nd time just a few months after I had gotten it back.

I now have my licence back and have not drank for 2.5 years.

And prisons basically punish, not rehabilitate. Up to 75% of inmates in prison are there because alcohol was in some way involved with their crime.

Bit of an update...

Court date was on Tuesday, at which our solicitor pointed out that my husband's blood sample was labelled incorrectly - it had his name, but no unique reference number. They advised to defer and have this looked in to, so new court date is in 4 weeks time. The sentencing outcome won't be any worse for this deferral, and could actually work in our favour - though we're not relying on that.

So the waiting continues...

Bit of an update...

Court date was on Tuesday, at which our solicitor pointed out that my husband's blood sample was labelled incorrectly - it had his name, but no unique reference number. They advised to defer and have this looked in to, so new court date is in 4 weeks time. The sentencing outcome won't be any worse for this deferral, and could actually work in our favour - though we're not relying on that.

Sorry to read. This must be hanging over you both. :(

Bit of an update...

I pray it goes in your husbands favour, have you heard about the Randox toxicology blood testing scandle ? Goes to show sometime these labs get things wrong! Please remember to take care of yourself aswell as your husband. I wish you luck x

I pray it goes in your husbands favour, have you heard about the Randox toxicology blood testing scandle ? Goes to show sometime these labs get things wrong! Please remember to take care of yourself aswell as your husband. I wish you luck x
Has your husband been back to court yet? If so hope all went well

So the saga continues...

Second court date was yesterday - but the blood sample identification issue was still not resolved, so it's now been deferred to August while they continue to investigate... Really didn't anticipate that it would take a year of stress and anxiety for this to be sorted!

So the saga continues...

Second court date was yesterday - but the blood sample identification issue was still not resolved, so it's now been deferred to August while they continue to investigate... Really didn't anticipate that it would take a year of stress and anxiety for this to be sorted!
At least he can keep driving until this gets resolved.

Sorry to hear about this. Must be awful to have this still hanging over you both.

How is he doing now with regards to alcohol? Any better (I hope)?

The blood sample issue was sorted out, so his case was brought forward to last week. (We are now separated, but seeing as some of you have been such a support to me I thought I should let you know the outcome...)
Sentence was all of the following:
16 weeks prison sentence suspended for 2 years
150 hours community service
Additional 4 year ban
Up to 10 days Rehabilitation Activity Requirement
6 months Alcohol Treatment Requirement.

As I say, we're now separated - I just couldn't do any more to help him, and needed out. There's no way back for me, but hopefully all of the above will help him (and his new girlfriend, but that's a whole other story!)

Thank you again for your support - it made a difference in some dark times.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off