drug driving - in court soon - some questions

Convicted Driver Insurance

djneilsmith98

Well Known Member
I am in court soon (I intend to plead guilty) for driving over the limit for cannabis and have some questions.
I have obtained the info from the prosecution about my incident - basically the police officer's statements.
My reading says ">10ug". I also had my kids in the car.
I have never been in trouble before, have never had an accident in 35 years driving, have a clean license and there was no bad driving involved.
The officers state that I admitted in the car that i'd had a joint earlier (which I don't recall saying but I was in shock) but i wasn't interviewed.
When the officer called me to tell me I was going to be prosecuted he said that stuff said in the car wouldn't come up (we talked about my job and how it could be effected)
My main question is should I go with a solicitor to the court? will it make a difference to the outcome?
I want to apologise and show that I am remorseful in court - would it be better to do this myself or get a solicitor to speak on my behalf?
Also how much difference would going with a character reference? (it would be from my neighbour who owns a company - he's all I have)
Nervous wreck currently - it's been a long 7 months since the incident.
thanks in advance

Good morning.

Obviously it is what I do for a living but I genuinely feel having a solicitor makes a world of difference. People often struggle to say positive things about themselves and when the nerves kick in they often say things they regret. Also a lawyer will know what not to say.

Also, yes a letter of good character is a good thing to do.

Best of luck
Martin

Good morning.

Obviously it is what I do for a living but I genuinely feel having a solicitor makes a world of difference. People often struggle to say positive things about themselves and when the nerves kick in they often say things they regret. Also a lawyer will know what not to say.

Also, yes a letter of good character is a good thing to do.

Best of luck
Martin
thanks for replying
what kind of fee should I be looking at as they range a lot? several people on the forum have stated that one shouldn't pay more than 400-500 for a straight guilty plea.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off