Drug Driving - In charge of vehicle

Convicted Driver Insurance
Since being caught. But it can be up to 6 weeks or so after that before you received the actual summons.
But you are getting ahead of yourself, more things to think about well before then, write down the series of events that happened on the night, in case you are not interviewed for 3 months. Get your girlfriend to write down her recollection as well. Try not to fall out with her in the meantime......

Yes I will prep it all. I have already done that to be honest, made a list of series of events. Also detailed out my mistakes and what my intentions really were. And some examples of how my partner always drives me home after drunken nights out etc.
Is there anything else you recommend I can do to be on the safe side?

Nothing else I can think of, apart from making sure you don’t get 3 points or more for anything in the meantime......

Yes I will be extra careful. Thank you for your help.... please if there’s any other advice, please let me know. Thanks.

I have 0 points on my license at the moment. So 10 points for me would actually be a life saver. I will defo stop the smoking and visit the doctors about this.

If your doctor thinks you have a drugs dependency you may be banned for 6 months to a year plus assuming it works the same way as alcohol dependency). The doctor might inform the DVLA who might ban you, so if you can, it might be best to stop without informing a doctor.

Okay thank you. If I want to prove to the courts I’ve completely stopped (I plan on never smoking cannabis again). How can I prove this to the courts?

What do you mean? I was not arrested. I was taken to the police station for a blood sample. And then they let me go..

What do you mean? I was not arrested. I was taken to the police station for a blood sample. And then they let me go..
Useally they swab you at the roadside arrest you read you your rights take you to the station fill in loads of forms and then you give blood

Oh so you were arrested,after you telling us you weren't,did they give you a sample of blood to take home

Sorry I was confused as they didn’t charge me with anything just yet, so didn’t think that counted as an arrest. Yes they gave me a sample of blood to take home also.

The police can also report you to DVLA for drug driving/in charge, any report picked up by DVLA will result in your licence being revoked for a minimum of 1 year, if this does happen or you are banned for drug driving or notifications of points for drug related offences with motor vehicles then you will have to prove to DVLA in the future that you are no longer using drugs in order for you to obtaiin a licence again, this journey is a long one and a medical one through your GP to satisfy DVLA that you are no longer a threat to Britains roads, I don't think you fully understand yet the implications of your actions, going to court will be a walk in the park compared to DVLA and what you'll have to achieve to get your licence back.......

Thanks. But im not addicted and I don’t misuse the drug. I have smoked cannabis about 10 times in the last 10 years.

Don't have to be addicted the DVLA process applies to prescription medicines as well, if convicted or reported you will be submitted to the strict DVLA process to get your licence back, DVLA take a very dim veiw of drug related motor vehicle offences ,check out drugs and driving at the DVLA website........you may well have a letter from DVLA stating, we have received information regarding your fitness to drive........

Thanks.. I’ve just read through it. Anyone got any experience of this happening to them? And how to handle this situation... would be great help.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off