Driving without re sitting your test ??

Convicted Driver Insurance

Carguy123

I read an old post here about a guy who continued to drive after his ban for many years without resitting his test again after a ban .... my question is how did he get away with it ...

Once your ban expires and if you still have your old original driving license card can you still get insured on that without re sitting the test ?

The guy on the post below stated he drove for many years without re-sitting the test and only got caught due to drink driving again...

so my question is how is did he get away with driving for so many years after a ban without doing another exam resit .. did he use his old driving license number or license card ?

after your driving ban is taken off your driving license record ... does the system show that you have a normal driving license?(even if you are ordered to take another driving test)

My understanding is you have to resit your test a) if you live in NIreland b) the court request it which seems to fit with the case but why I don’t know

I am sure someone will confirm
I have not had to resist my test - probably fail on parallel parking

Once at court you are told to return your licence & they write to the dvla
As to the old case you refer to - someone on here may shed light
It sounds very odd I know to get insurance with a DR10 they ask lots of questions I’m sure it includes the licence

You cannot drive legally on the old driving licence when you are banned for drink driving, it becomes invalid and a new one is issues when you apply at the end of the ban.
The guy in the post you quoted appears to have taken an ordinary test and passed and somehow been issued with a full licence. The problem is that he stated that in 1993 he was convicted of drink driving and dangerous driving, and this always requires an extended test, not an ordinary one. therefore his driving licence was invalid. Once it came to light they had no choice but to say he has to resit an extended test.
So he had a licence to produce.... but it wasn't valid. Showing it to a police officer would result in him being waved on his journey.

You cannot drive legally on the old driving licence when you are banned for drink driving, it becomes invalid and a new one is issues when you apply at the end of the ban.
The guy in the post you quoted appears to have taken an ordinary test and passed and somehow been issued with a full licence. The problem is that he stated that in 1993 he was convicted of drink driving and dangerous driving, and this always requires an extended test, not an ordinary one. therefore his driving licence was invalid. Once it came to light they had no choice but to say he has to resit an extended test.
So he had a licence to produce.... but it wasn't valid. Showing it to a police officer would result in him being waved on his journey.
Oh that makes sense now, I was abit confused haha

I think he was as well, unless he just chanced it and thought ‘I will take an ordinary test and wing it”.
The silly thing is that an “extended test’ is the same really as an ordinary test, but lasts 50% longer!

I think he was as well, unless he just chanced it and thought ‘I will take an ordinary test and wing it”.
The silly thing is that an “extended test’ is the same really as an ordinary test, but lasts 50% longer!
That 50% time longer = higher possibility of making a silly mistake :’( ... not looking forward to that extended test

That 50% time longer = higher possibility of making a silly mistake :’( ... not looking forward to that extended test
Relax, you are allowed up to 15 silly mistakes, it is the major mistakes you cannot afford to make.......

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off