Driving test

Convicted Driver Insurance

Mr Quinoline

I was recently banned for drink driving and was told by the officer that interviewed me that i would have to retake my driving test because it was within two years of me passing. I took that drink drive course and the subject came up briefly during one of the sessions and the person running the course said that a retest would not be nessesary. I have searched breifly across the internet and cannot find anything that tells me either way. Can anyone shine some light on the subject? Who do i beleive?

I was recently banned for drink driving and was told by the officer that interviewed me that i would have to retake my driving test because it was within two years of me passing. I took that drink drive course and the subject came up briefly during one of the sessions and the person running the course said that a retest would not be nessesary. I have searched breifly across the internet and cannot find anything that tells me either way. Can anyone shine some light on the subject? Who do i beleive?

Drivers who incur 6 points or more during the 2 year probationary period after passing the driving test will have their licence revoked automatically by the Secretary of State; they will be able to drive only after application for a provisional licence pending the passing of a further test.

An offender liable for an endorsement which will cause the licence to be revoked under the new drivers' provisions may ask the court to disqualify rather than impose points. This will avoid the requirement to take a further test. Generally, this would be inappropriate since it would circumvent the clear intention of Parliament.

Im sure if you had to retake your test, you would have received a letter off the DVLA not long after you received your driving ban telling you so. You didnt get 6 points did you?

No i didn't get any points. Driving while over the limit is a straight ban. and the only letter i have had from the DVLA is one telling me i didn't give my license to the court even though i did. After 20 minutes on hold i decided to to enquire this futher. I personaly don't think i do but i have conflicting views from two people who both should know.

No i didn't get any points. Driving while over the limit is a straight ban. and the only letter i have had from the DVLA is one telling me i didn't give my license to the court even though i did. After 20 minutes on hold i decided to to enquire this futher. I personaly don't think i do but i have conflicting views from two people who both should know.

I personally dont think you will have to either. You have received no letter from the DVLA informing you that you have to and the Drink Drive Rehabillitation course co-ordinator has confirmed that you do not.

With all due respect to the police and while they have to have a certain amount of knowledge of the law in order to do their jobs, Im afraid they cant know every single aspect and consequence of every single law and can sometimes be misinformed.

hi i was arrested saturday morning after been out the night before and had a reading of 54 im due to be in court in january n like u have not held my licence for 2 years, i asked at the police station what would happen and they simply said they did not know, so i to would like to know how i can get this information, also could u tell me how long of a ban u got and wot other penalties u recieved. thanks

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off